Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Current (2017) experience with activating VGCs and MGCs from one store at another

Current (2017) experience with activating VGCs and MGCs from one store at another

Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

What are current data points on whether people are successfully activating VGCs and MGCs from one store at another store?

- Within the same chain (e.g., one Office Depot to another)
- Between chains (e.g., from a supermarket to an office supply store)

I'm interested in the cases where the destination store should have had the specific gift cards to be purchased but merely is temporarily or semi-permanently out of stock.

My understanding is that while there's a modest overhead cost to maintaining inventory, that cost is borne by the vendor providing stocking services on gift cards, i.e., usually Blackhawk. I expect that the store hosting the gift cards display gets a commission upon sale, but doesn't pay to hold inventory.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by isocblrg
My understanding is that while there's a modest overhead cost to maintaining inventory, that cost is borne by the vendor providing stocking services on gift cards, i.e., usually Blackhawk. I expect that the store hosting the gift cards display gets a commission upon sale, but doesn't pay to hold inventory.
When pinched for shoplifting, would this rationalization get you out of trouble with the LEO's?

Asking for a friend....
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Stealing is stealing.

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 13, 2017 at 2:07 pm Reason: profanity
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

This matter has come up in the past and removing something from a store without paying is considered shoplifting and as such proposes an unethical and illegal activity so will close this thread.

tcook052
MS forum moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.