Bank Rat Patrol

Old Oct 20, 17, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Several dozen
Talking Bank Rat Patrol

Since MSfolk have been plagued by bank rats of late, here are thirteen effective ways to shutdown these vermin before they shut you down:

1) Kitty Litter - Place used kitty litter near rat hangouts. This will frighten most rats to death.
2) Peppermint - Dip cotton balls in peppermint oil and place them near rat hangouts. Rats have long been known to hate the mint, US or otherwise.
3) Hungry Cats - Stake out a mouser near their hangout. This also has the side benefit of cutting down on cat food bills.
4) Human Hair - Rats can't stand the sight of human hair and, if ingested, it chokes them. Cat fur balls work as an alternative.
5) Moth balls - The fumes can kill rats and also their fleas which may carry plagues, like hidden charges and high late fees.
6) Ammonia - The fumes can kill rats. As with used kitty litter, the smell may frighten rats to death.
7) Dry Cow Dung - When rats eat cow dung their stomachs get inflamed and they die a horrible death.
8) Cat Urine - Works the same as used cat litter and ammonia. Delivered in large quantities it may be used to drown rats.
9) Owl feathers - Scares rats to death. Live owls are even more effective and can be rented from various owl cafes in Japan.
10) Live Snakes - Placing live snakes near rat hangouts works the same as placing hungry cats.
11) Sound Waves - Rats can be driven off by sound waves from loud music. Music from the Pussycat Dolls or Cat Stevens apparently works best.
12) Pepper - Rats distain pepper as it can inflame their lungs. It may also scare them to death in the presence of bay leaves and onions.
13) Bay Leaves and Onions Scares rats away out of fear that someone is preparing an old fashioned Brunswick Stew and ran out of fresh squirrel.
Old Oct 22, 17, 10:52 am

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
ADK you are really something, lol thanks for the tips
Old Oct 23, 17, 9:00 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz, Chase Credit Cards

Are they afraid of Bluebirds hovering above?
Can they eat Plastique and die of indigestion?
If you place a piece of fake plastic cheese on a red target, will that lure them in?
Old Oct 23, 17, 3:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Maybe we can work in a use for Millipedes?
I have a million around the house in FL on return for the winter!

Cheers!

JudyJFLA
Looks like the MS game has changed during my absence
Old Oct 25, 17, 3:27 pm

Why are they called rats? Is that an acronym?
Old Oct 25, 17, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by bw1985 View Post
Why are they called rats? Is that an acronym?
Rewards Abuse Team
bw1985 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 17, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Meh - a rat is a rat is a rat to paraphrase Gertrude Stein. And bank management, as in the kind of management who sanctioned identity theft (Wells Fargo), money laundering (Citibank) and LIBOR rate gaming (Barclay) should know they're vermin.

Originally Posted by pdxer View Post
Rewards Abuse Team
Old Oct 28, 17, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy View Post
Meh - a rat is a rat is a rat to paraphrase Gertrude Stein. And bank management, as in the kind of management who sanctioned identity theft (Wells Fargo), money laundering (Citibank) and LIBOR rate gaming (Barclay) should know they're vermin.
Spot on
Old Nov 1, 17, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

A connection between AMEX Rats and Finks

From the truth is stranger than fiction file:

In 2012, Lord Fink, the Top Tory treasurer (in the UK) faced an ethics investigation involving AMEX.

The Conservative Party treasurer was facing a parliamentary standards investigation over his role in sponsoring a private dinner in the House of Lords for paying American Express cardholders.

The shadow Cabinet Office minister, Jon Trickett, wrote to House of Lords Commissioner for Standards to ask him to examine why Lord Fink sponsored the money-making dinner as part of the $10,000 Wimbledon Championships package available to AmEx Platinum and Centurion card holders.

Perhaps the RATs of AMEX should be paying more attention to the ethics of their FINKS?
Old Dec 6, 17, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Latest News on those Rats at Wells Fargo

Uh - oh, Wells Fargo is being accused of more shady business.

From CNNMoney:

Authorities say Wells Fargo customers in California were charged for insurance policies that they didn't want.
A year-long investigation by the California Department of Insurance blamed the sale of nearly 1,500 of these unauthorized renters and term life insurance policies on "improper sales practices" at Wells Fargo.

These insurance policies were sold to Wells Fargo customers at computer kiosks inside bank branches between 2008 and 2016.

Them rats at AMEX ain't got nothing on them rats at Wells Fargo!

Old Dec 6, 17, 6:46 pm

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Dave, thanks for opening a vent thread. Why, oh why, do the RATs treat us decent MS'ers like rats? I pays my bills, all I want is the miles! I totally get why the cardinals don't like gaming sign-up bonuses with returned items and the like, but what's so bad about our game? The bank gets its money and we get our miles. Cut us some slack, RATs!

Andyandy
Old Dec 7, 17, 5:06 am
Original Poster

I know - it is all so confusing! The banks lie, cheat and steal to get our business (we're looking at you institutions who committed identity fraud to create accounts). Then the banks lie, cheat and steal when they have our business (we're looking at you LIBOR gaming institutions). Finally the banks lie cheat and steal when they want to get rid of our business (we're looking at you institutions who did all those fraudulent mortgage foreclosures). What are we poor customers supposed to think when banks issue us credit cards and then try to harm us when we use the credit cards they issue?

To paraphrase Roger Waters:

"If you don't use yer credit, you can't have any miles
How can you have any miles if you don't use yer credit?"

Back in 1970 I recall people were burning banks - now almost 50 years later it is banks who are burning people.

Originally Posted by andyandy View Post
Dave, thanks for opening a vent thread. Why, oh why, do the RATs treat us decent MS'ers like rats? I pays my bills, all I want is the miles! I totally get why the cardinals don't like gaming sign-up bonuses with returned items and the like, but what's so bad about our game? The bank gets its money and we get our miles. Cut us some slack, RATs!

Andyandy

Search this Thread