Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Prepay internet with Ink 5x before moving and getting credit refunded

Old Oct 8, 17, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum

I'm moving to another city and switching internet providers. I prepaid my current provider when I began travelling for work and was told they would send me a check for my credit balance (~$56).

I noticed they allow credit card payments for at least $1000 and maybe more. Should I use this as an opportunity to get as many 5x points on my ink as I can? I'm not concerned about funds being tied up until they send me a refund check.

Has anyone else used this method? I'd be concerned if I going to keep their service, but at this point I don't care.
Old Oct 8, 17, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
I'm moving to another city and switching internet providers. I prepaid my current provider when I began travelling for work and was told they would send me a check for my credit balance (~$56).

I noticed they allow credit card payments for at least $1000 and maybe more. Should I use this as an opportunity to get as many 5x points on my ink as I can? I'm not concerned about funds being tied up until they send me a refund check.

Has anyone else used this method? I'd be concerned if I going to keep their service, but at this point I don't care.
i prepaid my AT&T bill for a bunch of Amex offers then cancelled. Despite multiple times being told that closed accounts were refunded via check I received my refund to the original forms of payment.
Old Oct 8, 17, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA AA MR UR
I do this every year with Comcast. No problem and I usually get my check within 4-6 weeks.
Old Oct 9, 17, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post

Yes, did this with Charter. Got a $850 refund check within two weeks of account closure.

Search this Thread