Amex platinum

Old Aug 27, 17, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Amex platinum

Hi I'm new to this points base traveling. I opened up the card a few days for the travel benefits the card offers and need help with some ideas on how to MS. I did some research and gift cards were questionable. Any tip and things to look out for would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 28, 17, 8:11 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Travelinglee View Post
Hi I'm new to this points base traveling. I opened up the card a few days for the travel benefits the card offers and need help with some ideas on how to MS. I did some research and gift cards were questionable. Any tip and things to look out for would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to FT. No flames here.
Start at the top string on this forum, and read the thread carefully. You will have to spend time but think of it as a wise investment. Many errors can be made by ignorance and it can cost you big time.

There are 2 ways to obtain knowledge. You can get it cheaply by reading about others experiences or you pay for it dearly by obtaining your own.
My suggestion is do the former
Old Aug 28, 17, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Travelinglee View Post
I would suggest to avoid MS with Amex platinum, atleast do not buy any VGCs online, or via any grocery chains. There have been numerous reports of Amex clawing back all MR points after 3 months of review or something.. though YMMV. For Amex MR point cards, i'd suggest to do all organic spending as long as possible.
Old Aug 28, 17, 12:10 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Recommended reading:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ed-offers.html
Old Aug 28, 17, 4:43 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Travelinglee, welcome to Flyertalk. I would suggest you read the "New to Manufactured Spending? Start here" thread that is stickied at the top of this forum. If you have any questions, please ask them there, or in the thread for the particular MS technique that you are using.

Search this Thread