Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PayPal My Cash dead at CVS?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

PayPal My Cash dead at CVS?

I was told today at 2 different CVS that they are no longer selling the Pay Pal card. I also called the 800 # on the back of the card and they indicated they no longer see CVS participating. Has anyone else had this experience?
Old May 9, 2017, 12:24 pm

purchased last Saturday without any problem.
Old May 9, 2017, 12:49 pm

it must be YMMV, my go-to CVS has lots of the reloadable PPMC cards and they still allow CCs as tender for initial load/reloading, as of this noon.
Old May 9, 2017, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

I was able to do it yesterday and was denied today. The register told the cashier to remove the card from the shelf.
Old May 9, 2017, 12:51 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Yes, I was denied this morning at CVS in NYC.

Nothing to do with what type of tender, the cashier scanned the cards and the register wouldn't accept them.

See my post with full details here.
Old May 9, 2017, 3:06 pm

1, My local go-to CVS in NJ where I had done no fewer than three $500 loads in the past quarter now has a sign posted CASH ONLY FOR THESE CARDS: and that new policy applies to Visa GC (Vanilla), Amex (Serve), And Paypal.

2. The other CVS nearby, did not have such sign, but the paypal reload, as well as a new purchase, were both declined at the register by a strange message. It would not have mattered if I presented cash or credit, they simply put an inventory hold on this item, per the clerk who (didn't) rang me up.

My guess is that this new development may be a result of it being a 5% chase freedom quarter (1,500 max, so three loads would have applied). Though I notice, the only difference between what I used to earn on my regular CC churn vs the freedom card, which is capped, would have been $25/quarter which is not a huge deal to me, especially considering my existing quarterly gains are now all but wiped out by the new policy at CVS.

Has anyone checked a rite aid?
Old May 9, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: United 1K
Yesterday I purchased with no problem. Today I went to back to the same CVS and it no longer works.
Old May 9, 2017, 4:42 pm

This is not good news. I bought galaxy s6 yesterday to buy PayPal cash using Samsung pay...oh boy
Old May 9, 2017, 5:12 pm

Does OV still work with CC at CVS?
Old May 9, 2017, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by ECCM
good point. I would like to know this too.
Old May 9, 2017, 6:21 pm

I just brought the PPMC card I've been using for months to CVS and loaded $500 via CC without issue. Not sure if it went through because I've been using the card for some time and it's not a new activation. I didn't try buying a fresh PPMC to see if it worked or not.
Old May 9, 2017, 6:30 pm

I just registered here just to post this. I just got back from trying to load a new card. I tried both CVS AND Dollar General, and both stores had the same problem described in this thread. This appears to be widespread across stores selling these.

Has anyone contact Paypal by phone over this?
Old May 9, 2017, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by ECCM
I thought it was dead long time ago.
Old May 9, 2017, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
good point. I would like to know this too.
i just bought OV without any issue. But I couldn't buy PPMC.
Old May 9, 2017, 6:55 pm

No go for me trying to buy new cards at 2 locations in NoVa. I tried other amounts just below $500 in case too with no luck. One cashier tried entering $300 after several other attempts and indicated that it looked like it would work. However, I didn't bother trying to continue since it's not worthwhile to me at that price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.