FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Visa GC/Walmart (2017 onwards) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826121-visa-gc-walmart-2017-onwards.html)

Superorb Apr 30, 2017 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by yugi (Post 28248826)
Called Chase, and it was a fraud alert. New account, blocked immediately. Took me 3 tries and 3 calls to Chase to finally able to buy something. Bought 1 VGC, will need to buy 3 more.

Trying to buy a bunch of vGCs with a brand new account probably isn't a great idea. Think about how that looks in their eyes. But at least you know what happened.

yugi Apr 30, 2017 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 28249667)
Trying to buy a bunch of vGCs with a brand new account probably isn't a great idea. Think about how that looks in their eyes. But at least you know what happened.

It's cleared now. I'll wait a bit more before buying more.

yugi Apr 30, 2017 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by wrinkle7 (Post 28249375)
Welcome! To the blacklist from Chase! You will receive your notice very soon, well done.

It's fine, happened before. I have total 8 cards from Chase.

Gitangali May 2, 2017 10:02 am

Originally Posted by wrinkle7 (Post 28249375)
Welcome! To the blacklist from Chase! You will receive your notice very soon, well done.

Not really. The fraud alert happens all the time till your card gets edumacated.

THEsocalledfan May 10, 2017 7:38 am

Just want to let folks know I just flew high at Wally yesterday on my Samsung.

Superorb May 10, 2017 8:20 am

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan (Post 28292550)
Just want to let folks know I just flew high at Wally yesterday on my Samsung.

^ nice

yugi Jun 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Two different Walmarts declined to sell me a GCs, stating cash/debit only. Is this something new? Also is it possible to split tender when buying GCs? Walmart employees are usually very dumb and say that it's not possible.

Superorb Jun 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by yugi (Post 28459099)
Two different Walmarts declined to sell me a GCs, stating cash/debit only. Is this something new? Also is it possible to split tender when buying GCs? Walmart employees are usually very dumb and say that it's not possible.

Largely based on individual store policy or whatever they make up at the time. Yes, you can split tender for MOs with GCs.

yugi Jun 18, 2017 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 28459196)
Largely based on individual store policy or whatever they make up at the time. Yes, you can split tender for MOs with GCs.

Yeah, I know that. What about split tender when buying GCs?

cuthroat Jun 19, 2017 9:41 am

Two of my goto Walmart stores stated GC are cash and debit only now as of last week. I know the CS reps well and could buy as many as I needed. The girls stated at both locations that in their meeting a wave of fraud has been going on in the area. I'm in central California. I even went 20 min out of my way and that Walmart had the same policy. I plan to let it die down for a few months and try again.

Superorb Jun 19, 2017 10:47 am

Originally Posted by yugi (Post 28459354)
Yeah, I know that. What about split tender when buying GCs?

No different. WM POS system is WM POS system.

Travelz Jun 23, 2017 3:04 pm

My WM used to give me a hard time when buying them, so it is good to know you can buy a few cards at a time depending on the cashier. It sounds like you can liquidate at WM, so I will give them a try again. Thanks for the tips.

Update: I tried to buy 2 wonderw vgc from bancorp and a note printed out for the cashier stating cash or debit only. I might try another store.

Stoughton Jun 24, 2017 11:05 am

Anyone having activation issues today?

Mamibear Jun 24, 2017 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton (Post 28481763)
Anyone having activation issues today?

Yes, the WM GDGCs failed to activate but what was odd was it went all the way asking me to sign and then a small piece of paper came out saying the cards didn't activate :(

Great! :rolleyes: I'm glad the cashier gave me the receipt and small piece of paper stating the cards cannot be activated; now charges are pending on my card so I will keep an eye the next few days if charges will just fall off. X'ing my fingers since I do NOT want to go the dispute route.

Travelz Jun 27, 2017 5:45 am

VGC-deleted