Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Post on this topic before 2017 can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1520316-visa-gc-walmart-83.html

Tips in Reading Your Walmart Receipt to Prevent Errors

1. Locate the barcode on the back of the Sunnie; this is what Wally uses to load it; somehow their system links the barcode with the account number in the background. The barcode number is what goes on your receipt.
2. Find the "loading" of the Sunnie at the BOTTOM of your receipt. (NOT the top)
3. The last four numbers of the barcode will be shown; that is how you match it to the Sunnie.

What Happens if a Clerk Attempts to Load 1 Sunnie Twice

It will tie up your CC money for 5-8 business days. It will automatically credit back at that time.

Misc. Issues

1. Reports indicate that some stores only accept cash/debit for GC. This doesn't appear to be the case in every store so YMMV.

2. In the same store (or during multiple transactions) misinformed CSRs may tell you "no credit cards." Try a different CSR, or go back.

3. If you receive a "tender not allowed" message or the first swipe didn't work, ask to try it again but don't argue the point. (For some reason, pin-enabled cards fail or take several attempts before they work.)

4. Remember: if your card didn't work and the CSR insists on seeing it or says "no CC allowed" it's best to try a different CSR, lane, or store.
Print Wikipost

Visa GC/Walmart (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
Yes, the WM GDGCs failed to activate but what was odd was it went all the way asking me to sign and then a small piece of paper came out saying the cards didn't activate

Great! I'm glad the cashier gave me the receipt and small piece of paper stating the cards cannot be activated; now charges are pending on my card so I will keep an eye the next few days if charges will just fall off. X'ing my fingers since I do NOT want to go the dispute route.
Just my luck, charge posted today. WM kept telling me to wait for my refund in the next few days. I called the CC for my options and was told to wait until the 30th if I don't see the full refund and then I can decide if I want to file a dispute.

FYI to those who are traveling to unknown territories and doing MS with a merchant like WM. IF something goes wrong with your trxn, they WILL not help you over the phone and ask you to come in and if you can't, you're SOL; whether you like it or not, you'll have to file a dispute with your CCC to get your refund for a posted charge for unactivated cards that you never got. Make sure to get a copy of your receipt and that piece of paper saying the cards were not activated (code 03) so you have proof of the failed transaction.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:53 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by Mamibear
Just my luck, charge posted today. WM kept telling me to wait for my refund in the next few days. I called the CC for my options and was told to wait until the 30th if I don't see the full refund and then I can decide if I want to file a dispute.

FYI to those who are traveling to unknown territories and doing MS with a merchant like WM. IF something goes wrong with your trxn, they WILL not help you over the phone and ask you to come in and if you can't, you're SOL; whether you like it or not, you'll have to file a dispute with your CCC to get your refund for a posted charge for unactivated cards that you never got. Make sure to get a copy of your receipt and that piece of paper saying the cards were not activated (code 03) so you have proof of the failed transaction.
It happened to me before. Yes, charge has posted, but credit was issued next day or in few days. Nothing to worry about.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:50 am

Is there currently any way to buy a MO with the walmart.com Vanilla VGC?

I am referring to this one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Visa-200-Gift-Card/20625678#about-item
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by pceng

I am referring to this one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Visa-200-Gift-Card/20625678#about-item
They've worked for me at the Post Office as recently as last week.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by pceng

bought that exact one this week for the chase pay promo. liquidated at local grocery store. no issue
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by breauxdle
bought that exact one this week for the chase pay promo. liquidated at local grocery store. no issue
Did Chase give 10x on buying those?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
Yes they did
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
They've worked for me at the Post Office as recently as last week.
That was my plan, ty for confirming.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
Yes
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Couple of weeks ago, I was loading a Go bank at Wm, cashier did something and like hit cash button instead of debiting it from my VGC, I got $1000 extra bucks in my account. I thought the charges would drop but it didn't. After few weeks I see WM has sign "Do not inventory" in place of where the 500 VGC used to be there. Today I tried OV master card and it wouldn't work, meaning you can not buy those VGCs with CC. Cashier said Cash only. LOL

Does anyone know if you can buy non green bank VGCs at WM by CC?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Gitangali
Couple of weeks ago, I was loading a Go bank at Wm, cashier did something and like hit cash button instead of debiting it from my VGC, I got $1000 extra bucks in my account. I thought the charges would drop but it didn't. After few weeks I see WM has sign "Do not inventory" in place of where the 500 VGC used to be there. Today I tried OV master card and it wouldn't work, meaning you can not buy those VGCs with CC. Cashier said Cash only. LOL

Did that cashier get fired for costing the store $1,000?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:27 am

Anybody else with a NM that suddenly stopped stocking VL GD and OVs? My go to pulled them all yesterday, said something about a mod from corporate and they had to ship 3 or 4 boxes back. Other area stores don't seem affected yet, so wondering if it's a one-off or a sign of things to come.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Gitangali

You can't at any of the WMs in my area that I frequent.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by ValueAdd82
Anybody else with a NM that suddenly stopped stocking VL GD and OVs? My go to pulled them all yesterday, said something about a mod from corporate and they had to ship 3 or 4 boxes back. Other area stores don't seem affected yet, so wondering if it's a one-off or a sign of things to come.
Cross your fingers they're trying to make them more secure so scammers can't easily open them up and copy the numbers down before returning them to the store shelf.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Superorb
Did that cashier get fired for costing the store $1,000?
I have two WMs nearby one of WM put extra 1K in my account and after few days they removed all Green Dot VGCs with sign do not inventory. After 2 months I see they are restocking the 500 VGCs again. So I'm golden the only problem is after this round of WF 5X, I won't need to cycle the kind of volume we need to cycle with WF. Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.