Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
THIS IS A WIKI TO AN OLD THREAD THAT IS NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!

This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.
The new thread for 2018 is here.

DETAILS:
Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction

Standard BP- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for BP, but has issues making 2 or more payments in a row. Make one BP, then come back or do another trans, then another BP to avoid issues. Make sure you get a BP receipt in the app and it shows the BP info and the CC you paid before leaving the store.

Some tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------

:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by koolr
Novi town center.
Originally Posted by mactrader
That is MY Walmart! Hop that this isn't a trend. Although I'm not using billpay I don't want it to trickle over to the MOs. So far, I've found the customer service desk to be pretty agreeable with everything in the few months I've been using the Novi location. They seem like they want to get it the high dollar amount right more than being suspicious or worried about policy.
I was lurking over the last few days and had to finally make an account just to say that I also frequent this Walmart omg
Nice to see two locals already haha
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by ignition
I was lurking over the last few days and had to finally make an account just to say that I also frequent this Walmart omg
Nice to see two locals already haha
Glad you finally decided to make a FT account.

Now both of you be super nice to those customer service staff. Let's keep them all warm and buttered up for us.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:51 pm

Now both of you be super nice to those customer service staff. Let's keep them all warm and buttered up for us.
Thanks!

I've actually yet to attempt any MS with WMBP, or any for that matter. I just happen to come across this during research before I try it out and this looks like a good place to start tbh
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:14 am

I had been to this location only a couple of times during the BlueBird days, and was not successful, so never went again until now. And I was still not successful, so not planning to go again.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:27 am

Tried to pay my City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite last night around 9 pm ET with "Visa" biller for $1.88. It gave some error message about not being able to accept the biller because payment wouldn't be delivered until the following business day. Anyways, tried again this morning and it gave the same message (CSR last night theorized it was past the cutoff time and might work in the morning). So CNB CCs seem to be a no-go. Also tried paying "City National Bank" $1 for 3 day delivery and it didn't work either. That biller was in North Carolina though so I'm thinking it may have been the "other" CNB.

tl;dr There doesn't seem to be a way to pay City National Bank CCs with CheckFreePay.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:05 am

usaa amex bill pay

I had offer to transfer 0% and 0 fees a balance to USAA amex. Just did first bill pay through moneygram for 1.99 and posted next day. There was an option through check free I will try next. i only transfered the balance to add more bill payments each month and get some relief from payments to Chase.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 4:10 pm

Today I just made a $1198.12 payment to Chase Bold Ink card as do every month using 4 $300 metabank gcs purchased from staples. Upon completion the first receipt showing the transaction printed normally but the second came with message saying 'We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to process your bill payment transaction at this time'.

My GCs as checked online are showing they were drained to 0 from this transaction. Not sure if will be reversed or not in a couple days due to non completion. The Walmart clerk suggested I contact Chase, the card issuer regarding this but not sure its their problem, or from Checkfreepay, or Walmart

This never happened in my 4 years of using this service numerous times every month
Old Mar 4, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by njdealguy
Today I just made a $1198.12 payment to Chase Bold Ink card as do every month using 4 $300 metabank gcs purchased from staples. Upon completion the first receipt showing the transaction printed normally but the second came with message saying 'We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to process your bill payment transaction at this time'.

My GCs as checked online are showing they were drained to 0 from this transaction. Not sure if will be reversed or not in a couple days due to non completion. The Walmart clerk suggested I contact Chase, the card issuer regarding this but not sure its their problem, or from Checkfreepay, or Walmart

This never happened in my 4 years of using this service numerous times every month
This happened to me once last year. Our presumption was that I would need to get a refund from the finance person at the store (who wasn't there when it happened), but the payment ended up posting right on time. I would suggest waiting until after it would normally appear on your statement and then contact the store if it's really not there.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Carl
This happened to me once last year. Our presumption was that I would need to get a refund from the finance person at the store (who wasn't there when it happened), but the payment ended up posting right on time. I would suggest waiting until after it would normally appear on your statement and then contact the store if it's really not there.
This payment made Saturday that was supposed to have posted today hasnt. And the gcs used all have zero balances. Im guessing the first place should try to contact is checkfreepay customer service. Hopefully dont have to go to walmart in person and deal with them, once lost $500 on a failed money order transaction couple yrs ago where WM refused to take responsibility and the gc dispute to reverse the charge failed (i know shoudve been more persistant and even started a small claims court case)
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:53 am

This payment made Saturday that was supposed to have posted today hasnt. And the gcs used all have zero balances. Im guessing the first place should try to contact is checkfreepay customer service. Hopefully dont have to go to walmart in person and deal with them, once lost $500 on a failed money order transaction couple yrs ago where WM refused to take responsibility and the gc dispute to reverse the charge failed (i know shoudve been more persistant and even started a small claims court case)
And upon contacting checkfreepay, they advised that the payment is still 'pending' on walmarts side and I should go to the Walmart location and work with them to obtain the refund. Oh boy, I'm worried about getting a good runaround to get my $1200 back and also if this will bring more attention on my prepaid GC activities and risk this very reliable store to decide to stop entertaining such transactions.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:58 am

And upon contacting checkfreepay, they advised that the payment is still 'pending' on walmarts side and I should go to the Walmart location and work with them to obtain the refund. Oh boy, I'm worried about getting a good runaround to get my $1200 back and also if this will bring more attention on my prepaid GC activities and risk this very reliable store to decide to stop entertaining such transactions.
Arg. What a pain. Please keep us updated.

Might be worth waiting another day or two to see if it does end up posting? I know payments to Chase business cards can take a few extra days sometimes. If you call Chase, they can see incoming payments so maybe it's pending to them that way.

Good luck!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
So if I made 5 payments on a card on 2/14, when can I make another payment? March 16 is 30th day without counting 2/14.. If I count 2/14 also, 30th day is March 15.. Anyone?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:55 pm

Anyone know if you change your billing address on a credit card, do you need to make any changes on the Walmart side for CheckfreePay? Its the same account number...
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cdog999
Anyone know if you change your billing address on a credit card, do you need to make any changes on the Walmart side for CheckfreePay? Its the same account number...
I don't think so. WM never asked for my billing address on the first place. Why not just ask them if your billing address is saved with card info when you go to pay?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by cdog999
100% not needed...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.