Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
THIS IS A WIKI TO AN OLD THREAD THAT IS NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!

This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.
The new thread for 2018 is here.

DETAILS:
Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction

Standard BP- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for BP, but has issues making 2 or more payments in a row. Make one BP, then come back or do another trans, then another BP to avoid issues. Make sure you get a BP receipt in the app and it shows the BP info and the CC you paid before leaving the store.

Some tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------

:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:18 pm

Did 3 payments last Dec 13 and only 2 posted, called CFP this morning and there was no record of any payment (Using my acc #), went to wally and as usual, they denied it and told me to call 1800-wally because I used the wally app and they have nothing to do with it, right there I told the floor manager, I used a wally service and paid using a wally app, so this is a wally problem and they needed to resolve it, spoke with the cash office and she will look into it Monday because the weekend and i will get a call from her with an update.

All i got from that payment was the wally receipt and not the CFP NV Reference number, this should be under Transaction Details, does anyone found out where to find those transactions?, I only have the last 5.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Travelz
I called and CFP only has one payment scheduled which makes sense since the receipt the CSR gave me doesn't show any BP info which I mentioned to her, it only shows the GC used. Going back this morning.
Resolved- I called CFP with the manager after she printed copies of my receipts to review and they canceled the one transaction and gave me 2k in cash.

Lesson learned- If you don't see the cc on the BP receipt, get a refund right away.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:55 am
jk2

Resolved- I called CFP with the manager after she printed copies of my receipts to review and they canceled the one transaction and gave me 2k in cash.

Lesson learned- If you don't see the cc on the BP receipt, get a refund right away.
Wow, that was quick. I wish in my case the manager would be understanding. I hope when I come back to WM later this week they wouldn't create more problems.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR

That happend to me too with an MO on Sunday. Got the refund in cash within 20 mins.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:51 pm

I think I figured out a temporary solution to the freezing second transaction. I make the first payment, then I do a MO transaction. While the MO transaction is in progress, I enter the second BP on the phone. The second BP then goes through without a hitch.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by FrankMS
I think I figured out a temporary solution to the freezing second transaction. I make the first payment, then I do a MO transaction. While the MO transaction is in progress, I enter the second BP on the phone. The second BP then goes through without a hitch.
have you tried creating both transactions before going to WM then do: BP, MO, BP?

I wonder if it will have the same results as what you did
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:52 pm

I called and CFP only has one payment scheduled which makes sense since the receipt the CSR gave me doesn't show any BP info which I mentioned to her, it only shows the GC used. Going back this morning.
If the BP didn't post to your CC, in that case the money shouldn't have debited from the VGC?? can you confirm this? Otherwise there is a lot of risk. Let's say you make a BP and assume that it's going to post and then it doesn't post. The money is already gone from the debit card. I think they have checks and balances when you are making payment etc and this should not happen.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Gitangali
If the BP didn't post to your CC, in that case the money shouldn't have debited from the VGC?? can you confirm this? Otherwise there is a lot of risk. Let's say you make a BP and assume that it's going to post and then it doesn't post. The money is already gone from the debit card. I think they have checks and balances when you are making payment etc and this should not happen.
apparently it happened. Read the thread!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:11 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by FrankMS
this is what I do: bp-mo-bp-vgc-bp
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
this is what I do: bp-mo-bp-vgc-bp
all bps were setup before your 1st transaction at WM?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:26 am
jk2

Originally Posted by lumangoy
all bps were setup before your 1st transaction at WM?
yes
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:17 am

I keep getting a Oops, system problems" error message when trying to pay BBVA/Compass. I "think" it's because I'm using Amex 15 digit? Has anyone successfully paid BBVA using the app?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:43 am

lots of bill pay failure are a big concern.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by elegua
Did 3 payments last Dec 13 and only 2 posted, called CFP this morning and there was no record of any payment (Using my acc #), went to wally and as usual, they denied it and told me to call 1800-wally because I used the wally app and they have nothing to do with it, right there I told the floor manager, I used a wally service and paid using a wally app, so this is a wally problem and they needed to resolve it, spoke with the cash office and she will look into it Monday because the weekend and i will get a call from her with an update.

All i got from that payment was the wally receipt and not the CFP NV Reference number, this should be under Transaction Details, does anyone found out where to find those transactions?, I only have the last 5.
Does anyone here has deal with a very very very very very very very very low IQ WM cash offices / managers?, i spent today 4 hours explaining those guys that they need to follow the transaction (i have the WM receipt) and they keep telling me that i need to call CFP and ask for refund even though 3 different CFP CSRs have been telling them that they don't have the payment for that CC account, is there any way i can deal with this?, Does anyone here has opened a CFPB dispute again them?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA gold
Two days ago I made a CFP payment to my BoA card. The payment was credited to my account yesterday. Today I realized there is a PYMT PROCESSING HOLD in the pending activity. At this point, it seems that the payment is reversed. Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.