Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
THIS IS A WIKI TO AN OLD THREAD THAT IS NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!

This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.
The new thread for 2018 is here.

DETAILS:
Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction

Standard BP- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for BP, but has issues making 2 or more payments in a row. Make one BP, then come back or do another trans, then another BP to avoid issues. Make sure you get a BP receipt in the app and it shows the BP info and the CC you paid before leaving the store.

Some tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------

:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2017)

Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
Just go to "Services" on the bottom then select "Money Services".
I don't have that. I have "Express Money Services", but that's what I was already in.

The booklet says when you get to the Money Center, open the app, and "on the main page will be an alert box telling you there's a transaction waiting".

I had no alert box, which is why I asked how does the app know you've arrived at the Money Center to post the alert box ?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Whittaker
I don't have that. I have "Express Money Services", but that's what I was already in.

The booklet says when you get to the Money Center, open the app, and "on the main page will be an alert box telling you there's a transaction waiting".

I had no alert box, which is why I asked how does the app know you've arrived at the Money Center to post the alert box ?
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by alert box.

When I go into the store, there usually is a box of Walmart services available such as Walmart Pay, In-Store Pickup Checkin, Etc. I just click "Services" which brings all the options up. I'm using an iPhone.

What do you mean by a "transaction waiting"?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:30 pm

post a screenshot of the app here so people can understand you. You don't make any sense. the app doesn't know .... unless you set up the payment then click on the payment when at the store.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:59 pm

Anyone have issues doing back to back BPs when doing entry from phone?

Yesterday and today, after scanning QR code on 2nd transaction, POS says it found me, but is stuck.

yesterday it worked again after 5mins
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy

Yesterday and today, after scanning QR code on 2nd transaction, POS says it found me, but is stuck.

my 3rd back to back BP didn't go through I changed registers and got stuck processing also. but it worked fine next day.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
my 3rd back to back BP didn't go through I changed registers and got stuck processing also. but it worked fine next day.
it worked after 25 minutes. I had to buy a few things in WM in between.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by alert box.

When I go into the store, there usually is a box of Walmart services available such as Walmart Pay, In-Store Pickup Checkin, Etc. I just click "Services" which brings all the options up. I'm using an iPhone.

What do you mean by a "transaction waiting"?
I was quoting from the little orange and blue pamphlet they have stacked on the counter titled "Express Money Services".

But anyway, it worked like a charm Friday. Cashier said she had never done an Express bill pay, only the money transfer. I said me neither.

I got the alert box that said I had a transaction waiting, when I tapped that at the counter, up popped an orange bar that said 'scan QR', and after I did, instantly the cashier said "It's all filled in!" I just laughed. Paid, checked I got the receipt, and left.

I don't know what went wrong the first time.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
...the app doesn't know .... unless you set up the payment then click on the payment when at the store.
It has to. I'm still curious about this, how the app knows you (it) has arrived at the Money Center. I had already setup the payment and it said the amount would be confirmed when I got to the store. When I left the house there was no alert box, but after I entered the store, up popped the alert box saying I had a transaction waiting. I was on the data connection from my carrier, not the store WiFi. Bluetooth was off, although likely too far away for that anyway.

Perhaps GPS ?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:24 am

It has to. I'm still curious about this, how the app knows you (it) has arrived at the Money Center. I had already setup the payment and it said the amount would be confirmed when I got to the store. When I left the house there was no alert box, but after I entered the store, up popped the alert box saying I had a transaction waiting. I was on the data connection from my carrier, not the store WiFi. Bluetooth was off, although likely too far away for that anyway.

Perhaps GPS ?
No alert for me, I have to manually click on the transaction I created and scan the QR code. most CSRs at my location haven't done ax express BP,
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:58 am

I have notifications and gps turned off for Walmart iOS app.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:22 am
jk2

I had the same issue yesterday. Is it a new way to reduce velocity of payments?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by jk2
I had the same issue yesterday. Is it a new way to reduce velocity of payments?
I've had that before. The cashier just needs to back completely out of Bill Pay, then go back into it for the 2nd transaction.

Last edited by gm9928; Dec 13, 2017 at 8:41 am Reason: .
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by gm9928
I've had that before. The cashier just needs to back completely out of Bill Pay, then go back into it for the 2nd transaction.
not in my case
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by gm9928
It didn't work for me either.

They logged off, and logged in on same terminal same issue.

CSR Logged in to another terminal, same issue.

There must be like a 5 minute BP limit of some sort, at least in my case/location.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:07 pm
jk2

It didn't work for me either.

They logged off, and logged in on same terminal same issue.

CSR Logged in to another terminal, same issue.

There must be like a 5 minute BP limit of some sort, at least in my case/location.
Exactly the same. She logged off/on a few times - didn't help. So we had to do a BP in the old way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.