Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
THIS IS A WIKI TO AN OLD THREAD THAT IS NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!

This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.
The new thread for 2018 is here.

DETAILS:
Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction

Standard BP- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for BP, but has issues making 2 or more payments in a row. Make one BP, then come back or do another trans, then another BP to avoid issues. Make sure you get a BP receipt in the app and it shows the BP info and the CC you paid before leaving the store.

Some tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------

:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2017)

Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Whittaker
That's the part that didn't make any sense. If you have to go all the way to the store, into the Money Center, and up to the pin pad, why don't they just have you punch in your pin and go from there ?
Did you just ask why they don't use a 4 digit code to ID you as a customer?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by mcRib
when you say CC, the CC that you are paying??? i would have thought since everything is on the app already, you won't need anything more.
Originally Posted by elegua
Yes, in both occasions i needed to show the CC i'm paying but this can be different for you.
I've never been asked to show the cc.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by lumangoy
What CC are you guys BPing?

Arent you concerned about shutdown?

Isnt the common factor among shutdowns BP?
I don't think BP is a common factor among shutdowns. BP is a factor in some shutdowns, but not a factor in others. Cycling your credit line, buying too many gift cards (or other cash equivalents), loading prepaid products (such as buxx/serve), paying your cc bill with MO, depositing MO in the bank that issues your cc, excessive spend in bonus categories (perk abuse), churning signup bonuses too aggressively, spending more than your stated income, using business cc for non-business related expenses, and canceling a cc after less than a year are all factors that can contribute to shutdowns.

Virtually all forms of MS can potentially lead to a shutdown. Of course we worry about it. But no risk means no reward. I think moderation is key.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
Are all 3 making bill payments at the same time for 45 min and blocking all customers waiting in the line?
Yes they are, all 3. You can spot them a mile away. They bring in backpacks and plastic bags and start swiping away. When they get done, they go sit on the bench, let one customer in and then start swiping again. No discretion whatsoever. I at least pull out my wallet and hold the gift cards in them as if I'm pulling them out from there.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:33 pm

So when I got to the Money Center, there was no "alert box" in my app telling me there was a "transaction waiting". Was I supposed to be on the store's WiFi ? If not, how does the app know you're there, to be able to generate the alert ?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Did you just ask why they don't use a 4 digit code to ID you as a customer?
Yes. All the info is already in the system.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Yes. All the info is already in the system.
And you apparently believe there are less than 10,000 people using billpay across the roughly 4,000 WM/WMSC/WMNM nationwide? Interesting.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:26 pm

A little bird was flying south for the winter. It was so cold the bird froze and fell to the ground into a large field. While he was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him. As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, he began to realize how warm he was. The dung was actually thawing him out! He lay there all warm and happy, and soon
began to sing for joy. A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to
investigate. Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile
of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him.

Moral of the Story -
[1] Not everyone who s**ts on you is your enemy.
[2] Not everyone who gets you out of s**t is your friend.
[3] And when you're in deep s**t, it's best to keep your mouth shut!

Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by steelmagnolia
MSers spotted in the wild. I don't think they were together, despite similar attire & messenger bags. Mr. Mandals was doing his thing for 30 minutes straight; Mr. Sneakers at least had the courtesy to do 10 min and go back to end of the line. http://tinypic.com/r/31318qe/9
Post #239 , from Summer 2017. This is why Tysons, et al are shut down.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by tuphat
Post #239 , from Summer 2017. This is why Tysons, et al are shut down.
why do you guys even waste your time driving into that horrible traffic jam for one transaction. You have to be a complete moron to do it. Im not in that picture but Im one of those guys. I can also tell you i never stood there for 30 minutes or more with a line of customers nor did most others unless there were 3+ csr. You have to literally be a moron to drive there and park just to do one transaction. Get another hobby. The traffic alone around here makes you want to rip your hair out.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by ibleed0range
why do you guys even waste your time driving into that horrible traffic jam for one transaction. You have to be a complete moron to do it. Im not in that picture but Im one of those guys. I can also tell you i never stood there for 30 minutes or more with a line of customers nor did most others unless there were 3+ csr. You have to literally be a moron to drive there and park just to do one transaction. Get another hobby. The traffic alone around here makes you want to rip your hair out.
never went during rush hour. Always between 10pm and 11pm. Never had an issue with traffic or a long line of customers.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by devastitis
never went during rush hour. Always between 10pm and 11pm. Never had an issue with traffic or a long line of customers.
That isnt even comparable. If you go at any time between 8am-8pm there is always traffic. Where do you live that you are driving there for one transaction.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
That isnt even comparable. If you go at any time between 8am-8pm there is always traffic. Where do you live that you are driving there for one transaction.
Probably across the street but is too lazy to walk...
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:00 pm

So when I got to the Money Center, there was no "alert box" in my app telling me there was a "transaction waiting". Was I supposed to be on the store's WiFi ? If not, how does the app know you're there, to be able to generate the alert ?
Just go to "Services" on the bottom then select "Money Services".
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
And you apparently believe there are less than 10,000 people using billpay across the roughly 4,000 WM/WMSC/WMNM nationwide? Interesting.
Right. I guess I was thinking of the unique LogIn and Pin.

As Roseanne Roseannadanna would say "Nevermind".
Stoughton likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.