Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Not exactly what you are asking, but as a DP: I filed a claim with TCB back in May. My orders this week have NOT been declined.
Thanks Chris - yeah i saw that posted above. My orders went through fine too. Just trying to get some DPs. Multiple peeps reporting same everything but declines. Just trying to think about what might be triggering it.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:58 pm

Placed a small order today with different CC, after yesterday's cancellation. The order just went from pending to processed, so looks like yesterday was just a weird one-time thing.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:49 pm

My order processed on 9/22, should have shipped yesterday. I assume this is pretty normal? How long is the over/under for shipping usually?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:03 pm

in my experience, if you pay the 10.99 shipping, you should get cards about a week after ordering. if less than $2k, maybe a couple extra days. I have never received a shipping notification from GCM, I rely on the USPS informed delivery.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by makelab
in my experience, if you pay the 10.99 shipping, you should get cards about a week after ordering. if less than $2k, maybe a couple extra days. I have never received a shipping notification from GCM, I rely on the USPS informed delivery.
When you say the shipping notification, do you mean that the PO field never populates?

Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by Euler22
When you say the shipping notification, do you mean that the PO field never populates?

PO means Purchase order and is routinely used for businesses. A PO means you order something and are billed later. I'm pretty sure that that field should remain unpopulated for you.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Sep 27, 2017 at 8:02 pm
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:33 pm

no. never have seen that. I have just read other people saying they get shipment notifications. when i get the 'thank you' email, that is usually the confirmation for me.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:06 am

my last 2 orders show processed, never got updated to "shipped" but I received them already
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:12 am

One of my orders got lost
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:03 am

anyone's 9/25 order tracked on TCB?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by jjangoo
same, no tracking yet.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
One of my orders got lost
I dread this thing to happen that's why I'm paying the shipping fee and order a large amount to make up for the fees. I feel secure with the signature required on delivery plus the fact I can put it on hold at PO that I can pick up at my convinience since my carrier is so unreliable with no regular schedule for delivering mails. The informed delivery digest also works for me for the GCcom priority envies since I can add delivery instructions on them but with the free shipping on GCM, this is not possible since they're treated like any first class mail.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by jjangoo
no, but my order on the 21st took a while to track so I'll give it a few more days.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:14 pm

I usually use the same card for GCM purchases, and almost always for $1,500. Would I be asking for a ban if I use a new card to place an order for $5k? Was thinking I could use my Amex Plat and get the 1.5x points on purchases in excess of $5k.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:20 pm

I just received TCB tracking for 9/25 order.
Originally Posted by brody24
I usually use the same card for GCM purchases, and almost always for $1,500. Would I be asking for a ban if I use a new card to place an order for $5k? Was thinking I could use my Amex Plat and get the 1.5x points on purchases in excess of $5k.
wiki says to start small.

But I know of someone who created a 2nd account, and the 1st order was not small.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.