Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
I would like to say yes but I'm pretty stumped, here's what's happening:

I placed two identical orders on July 25th with two different greetings cards to tell them apart. Order A had an American flag whereas order B had Tulips.
I also purchased another order on July 26th with a tweeting bird on the cards, let's call it order C.
What I received in the mail yesterday was order A with the American flag and what I got today was order B, the one with the Tulips.

Here's where it gets weird:
The USPS delivery notice from yesterday showed two envelopes post marked with the July 27th date and as I mentioned, I received one but was waiting for the other to show up today.
The one I got today was post marked July 28th so it couldn't have been the one shown in yesterday's mail!
Thinking the order I was supposed to receive yesterday was maybe order C, aka tweeting bird, I called GCM but I was told it shipped on July 31st and it couldn't have possibly been the one missing from Monday's delivery!!!!

My current theory is that somehow USPS scanner photographed the same order A twice?!
The smudges are pretty identical except for a few places
I got all my cards in the mail and they all had different postal stamps. This confirms my initial theory that USPS scanners photographed the same piece of mail twice, possibly due to how thick the envelopes are.
JCD
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:57 am

My USPS only scans the larger packages every once in while, so I still never know when they are coming. I signed up for Informed Delivery about 2 months ago. I was placing orders for different amounts so I could tell them apart, like 1995, 1996, 1997 & 1998 because you get free shipping on orders under 1998.

I think I will try to ramp it up to 5k per order. The only cc that seems to work for me is A+ now that Access is gone and I have a high CL, so it should work. What CC is working for all of you?

Last edited by Travelz; Aug 4, 2017 at 11:20 am
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by redarmy
Curious to know what cc you guys use for GCM purchases now that Citi AT&T is RIP.
SPG (1x SPG, 1.25 effective airline) or Amex business plus (2x MR) are my gotos now, but really missing the ATT card 3x
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:27 pm

I use BOA Alaska even though only 1x, but easy to liquidate through BP at WMT

Amex card earns more but hard to cycle back

Originally Posted by qasr
SPG (1x SPG, 1.25 effective airline) or Amex business plus (2x MR) are my gotos now, but really missing the ATT card 3x
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Travelz
My USPS only scans the larger packages every once in while, so I still never know when they are coming. I signed up for Informed Delivery about 2 months ago. I was placing orders for different amounts so I could tell them apart, like 1995, 1996, 1997 & 1998 because you get free shipping on orders under 1998.

I think I will try to ramp it up to 5k per order. The only cc that seems to work for me is A+ now that Access is gone and I have a high CL, so it should work. What CC is working for all of you?
While you could use different order amounts, why not keep it the same and place a message on the card to identify the order like I do? Here is a quote of my current technique:

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
In case it is of benefit to someone here is my spread sheet info for ordering and tracking.

Columns are:B C d e f g h i j
Headings are: Name, current date, 31 ago, 30 day sum, date ordered, amount, received, order number, notes,

Here is the most important part:

Current date C4=TODAY()
31 ago=C4-31
30 day sum=SUMIFS(G:G,F:F,">="&D4)

*I calculate based upon a 31 day sum (even though my column names it 30 day sum). I intentionally do this to allow for 1 day buffer for processing etc in case it happens so I am not wasting time trying to order only to get the step and see I am bumping up against 15k max
*Your columns and labels could be different but the gist of the automatic sum of past 30 days is present with the logic of 1)calculate today 2)determine 31 days ago 3) If the date in the F:F column range is more recent than that date (D4) then sum the order amount in the G:G column range

* I have columns to track:
1)that I have received the order (important when you may have 5-10 orderings coming of similar amounts)
2)order number
3)notes - i.e. Citi AA plat select 3k min spend card ending 9999, AU card on personx account for Amex Hilton Surpass upgrade from plain Hilton to meet 5k min spend ending in 9999

I have multiple tabs in my spread sheet, one for each different giftcardmall login (currently only 3).

*When I order, on the welcome card for each card I have the personalized message as something cryptic such as: A - ACPSAA-3k-5-18 : which means person A's GCM account, person a's citi plat select aa card, 3k for how much is the order, and date ordered.
*take a photo of that cryptic message when you receive.

Why do all this?

Because orders can get lost, you may not remember who account ordered it, who's cc ordered it, what purpose it was for etc etc.

The above system provides a tracking process from the ordering, to receiving to make sure nothing is missed in the process. If you are only ordering once in a great while, it won't be necessary. If you are maxing out your 15k per month ... maybe with more than one account, it really is of value to have a tracking process.

Hope this helps
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:46 pm
mkz

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
I got all my cards in the mail and they all had different postal stamps. This confirms my initial theory that USPS scanners photographed the same piece of mail twice, possibly due to how thick the envelopes are.
JCD
why are there white spots on your envelopes? it looks impossible to deliver mail when the envelope is like that.
anyway, the problem with gift cards not being delivered right is something my friends in the burnet street churning club have been complaining about a lot. are you a member of that churning posse? maybe gift card mall mistook you for a member.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by mkz
why are there white spots on your envelopes? it looks impossible to deliver mail when the envelope is like that.
anyway, the problem with gift cards not being delivered right is something my friends in the burnet street churning club have been complaining about a lot. are you a member of that churning posse? maybe gift card mall mistook you for a member.
Oh look, someone can google extended zip codes!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:59 am
Suspended

Is it just me or the max amount is $250 on vgc?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by ChuckMango
Is it just me or the max amount is $250 on vgc?
There is a workaround method using a custom that allows you to order $500 denomination cards but only until the end of this month.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
There is a workaround method using a custom that allows you to order $500 denomination cards but only until the end of this month.
Did they announce that they are changing the max amount for custom gift cards at the end of the month? I hadn't heard that!

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Aug 6, 2017 at 12:46 pm
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by vodafone
I use BOA Alaska even though only 1x, but easy to liquidate through BP at WMT

Amex card earns more but hard to cycle back
Do you Bill Pay to BOA? I've heard some banks including Barclay's and Citi shutdown for bill pay.

Thanks for the info
Old Aug 6, 2017, 3:54 pm

BOA is generally OK to BP

Originally Posted by New to FF
Do you Bill Pay to BOA? I've heard some banks including Barclay's and Citi shutdown for bill pay.

Thanks for the info
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Where did you get this information from?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:02 pm

Anyone having issues with not receiving a confirmation email from GCM for some of the orders this month? I always get one after a successful order, but it's been inconsistent this month only.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by ecatalina
Anyone having issues with not receiving a confirmation email from GCM for some of the orders this month? I always get one after a successful order, but it's been inconsistent this month only.
Been receiving them all month, and as of 10 min ago after I just placed an order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.