Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:09 pm

Same here, 7/27 order tracked today.

btw: usually how long does the cash back become payable on TCB? looks to me that it changes to Confirmed after 2 months and another some time to payable.

Originally Posted by westsai
Jul 27 tracked for me today
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by vodafone
Same here, 7/27 order tracked today.

btw: usually how long does the cash back become payable on TCB? looks to me that it changes to Confirmed after 2 months and another some time to payable.
I think it becomes payable within a week or two after it is confirmed.

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Aug 1, 2017 at 11:15 pm
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by vodafone
...usually how long does the cash back become payable on TCB? looks to me that it changes to Confirmed after 2 months and another some time to payable.
The usual time to Payable is 2 months or a little longer.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
USPS informed delivery showed two GCM envelopes arriving at my mail box this morning but when I actually checked, only one of them was stashed in there! Should I call USPS and ask them about it?
So what did you end up doing? Did it arrive the next day?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
So what did you end up doing? Did it arrive the next day?
I would like to say yes but I'm pretty stumped, here's what's happening:

I placed two identical orders on July 25th with two different greetings cards to tell them apart. Order A had an American flag whereas order B had Tulips.
I also purchased another order on July 26th with a tweeting bird on the cards, let's call it order C.
What I received in the mail yesterday was order A with the American flag and what I got today was order B, the one with the Tulips.

Here's where it gets weird:
The USPS delivery notice from yesterday showed two envelopes post marked with the July 27th date and as I mentioned, I received one but was waiting for the other to show up today.
The one I got today was post marked July 28th so it couldn't have been the one shown in yesterday's mail!
Thinking the order I was supposed to receive yesterday was maybe order C, aka tweeting bird, I called GCM but I was told it shipped on July 31st and it couldn't have possibly been the one missing from Monday's delivery!!!!

My current theory is that somehow USPS scanner photographed the same order A twice?!
The smudges are pretty identical except for a few places
Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
I would like to say yes but I'm pretty stumped, here's what's happening:

I placed two identical orders on July 25th with two different greetings cards to tell them apart. Order A had an American flag whereas order B had Tulips.
I also purchased another order on July 26th with a tweeting bird on the cards, let's call it order C.
What I received in the mail yesterday was order A with the American flag and what I got today was order B, the one with the Tulips.

Here's where it gets weird:
The USPS delivery notice from yesterday showed two envelopes post marked with the July 27th date and as I mentioned, I received one but was waiting for the other to show up today.
The one I got today was post marked July 28th so it couldn't have been the one shown in yesterday's mail!
Thinking the order I was supposed to receive yesterday was maybe order C, aka tweeting bird, I called GCM but I was told it shipped on July 31st and it couldn't have possibly been the one missing from Monday's delivery!!!!

My current theory is that somehow USPS scanner photographed the same order A twice?!
The smudges are pretty identical except for a few places
probably, check the envelope for order B and see if the number under the stamp area is same/different.

I think it should be a unique number.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Hearing all these mailing nightmares I am happy I do only a few larger orders each month and pay for USPS 2-3 mail with tracking on each order!
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Renes Points
Hearing all these mailing nightmares I am happy I do only a few larger orders each month and pay for USPS 2-3 mail with tracking on each order!
that's what I'm doing unless I'm slowly ramping up on a new card...

the shipping fee is well worth the worry and time to track which order is which, but YMMV!!!
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Renes Points
Staring doing this a few months back, and totally worth the $10, especially since I am still coming out ahead. Also delivered by UPS and signature needed, so even more protection. Only reason to do multiple $1500 is if you are mixing up cards a lot.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:01 am

The objective way to compare the risks of USPS delivery with/without tracking would require incidents of loss in both cases. We don't really have data points for either situation, so all the "mailing nightmares" talk is a bit melodramatic at this point. One factor to consider is that tracking may be shifting the perceived fault for loss onto the recipient. In other words, if the package is scanned as delivered and the recipient doesn't have it (despite the signature requirement), then GCM may not cover or even help to investigate the loss.

There may be other considerations as well. In my postal district for example, postmen do not even bring along the packages requiring sig's (so as not to delay their schedules). Likewise they don't always give you tracking numbers, and it's really difficult to pick up packages from the P.O. without them.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
How big?

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Staring doing this a few months back, and totally worth the $10, especially since I am still coming out ahead. Also delivered by UPS and signature needed, so even more protection. Only reason to do multiple $1500 is if you are mixing up cards a lot.
I've been doing $1500 orders for over a year. At what pace did you successfully increase, and to what level?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by beachmiles
I've been doing $1500 orders for over a year. At what pace did you successfully increase, and to what level?
Started at 1.5k for a while, then went up to 2k, 3k, 4k(all 1 time each), and now do 4.5-5k per order. I have to pick my mail up somewhere else, so there another huge convenience factor for me to do bulk orders. Do whatever works for you
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:45 pm

Curious to know what cc you guys use for GCM purchases now that Citi AT&T is RIP.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:25 am

First time ordering from GCM today for 1k, two separate transaction using two different cc and both were not approved/cancelled by GCM. Anyone know why?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by jsf121
First time ordering from GCM today for 1k, two separate transaction using two different cc and both were not approved/cancelled by GCM. Anyone know why?
did you read the thread?

the answers are on here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.