Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:22 pm

I could use some advice.

In June, I submitted (6) orders of $1,999, followed by (1) order of $1,000. All processed fine.

(5) of the $1,999 orders and the (1) $1,000 all arrived and were liquidated. One $1,999 order (submitted before the $1,000 order) still hasn't arrived after 15 days.

At this point, I don't even know which order is missing. Any advice on how to proceed?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by cashcow
I could use some advice.

In June, I submitted (6) orders of $1,999, followed by (1) order of $1,000. All processed fine.

(5) of the $1,999 orders and the (1) $1,000 all arrived and were liquidated. One $1,999 order (submitted before the $1,000 order) still hasn't arrived after 15 days.

At this point, I don't even know which order is missing. Any advice on how to proceed?
I'd call and ask them. Regardless of which specific order didn't arrive, it shouldn't affect their obligation to re-issue the cards if lost in the mail.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by cashcow
I could use some advice.

I had an incident when one order arrived > 2 weeks behind. The exterior envelope was left unsealed, then got stuck and demolished in the P.O. sorting machine. It was eventually delivered in a plastic bag with a postal apology note.

I also find it useful to have (and record) a backup order ID through the use of multiple card pictures, and rotating them with every order. There were a couple of times when I somehow forgot to record the receipt of an order and almost declared it missing, but the picture count turned out to be correct and excluded that possibility.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I had an incident when one order arrived > 2 weeks behind. The exterior envelope was left unsealed, then got stuck and demolished in the P.O. sorting machine. It was eventually delivered in a plastic bag with a postal apology note.

I also find it useful to have (and record) a backup order ID through the use of multiple card pictures, and rotating them with every order. There were a couple of times when I somehow forgot to record the receipt of an order and almost declared it missing, but the picture count turned out to be correct and excluded that possibility.
Appreciate the replies. I just spoke with them and they were able to identify the missing order by matching all of my used VGCs by order number. I'm glad I didn't toss the previous orders after liquidating...

The missing order was supposed to ship 3 weeks ago, so they weren't sure what happened. The good news is that the cards were still unused, so they blocked them.

The agent said that they cannot reissue custom $500 VGCs any longer, so they would have to submit a request for refund. I agreed to the refund, not knowing any other options. Anyone have experience with their refund process?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
My order from June 30th didn't track until July 7th.
Originally Posted by pipput1
My order on 7/1 hasn't tracked, but the weird thing is that my credit card pending charge hasn't posted yet (which usually it does by now).
Order from 6/30 tracked on 7/7, but there's no charge, not even pending.

edit: charge posted later today

Last edited by randomdude; Jul 7, 2017 at 9:03 pm
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by randomdude
Order from 6/30 tracked on 7/7, but there's no charge, not even pending.
My order from 6/30 (which tracked on 7/7) is also not showing a charge. I saw it pending when I looked a few days ago, but not now. I think the authorizations disappear after awhile if the charge doesn't post (although the charge may still post eventually, and I expect that it will).

edit: the charge posted on 7/8

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Jul 9, 2017 at 8:42 am Reason: update
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:56 pm

Delete

Last edited by scubaduba14; Nov 3, 2017 at 4:11 am Reason: Delete
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:24 am

I edited my original post, but I'll say it here too: my 7/1 charge finally went through on 7/8 on my credit card, and tracked on 7/10 at 2%. Yay!
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:08 pm

I live in LA but I'm currently in South Korea reaping the benefits of MSing. Having said that I tried submitting orders from my account as well as my wife's and we both got the dreaded transaction failed message.
I am hoping it is simply related to ordering from an overseas IP and things will workout when I'm back home.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
I am hoping it is simply related to ordering from an overseas IP and things will workout when I'm back home.
i hope so too for your sake.

We just also reaped in the Yucatan and Lake Tahoe.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
I live in LA but I'm currently in South Korea reaping the benefits of MSing. Having said that I tried submitting orders from my account as well as my wife's and we both got the dreaded transaction failed message.
I suggest next time you set up a remote connection to one of your home computers. Beside IP-based things and services like this, it is also good practice for security reasons while you're away/abroad.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
I suggest next time you set up a remote connection to one of your home computers. Beside IP-based things and services like this, it is also good practice for security reasons while you're away/abroad.
That's a nice suggestion.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Query for those who think they were banned because they got the dreaded message of "This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections"

Did you try a different CC?

I manage 3 logins that we have been pushing close the 15k per month with each. One login has begun getting that error for a Amex card (I'll try twice and then stop so as not to hit the 3 strikes rule). An AU (which has a different card number) works on one of the other logins. I thought for sure I was banned, but I was successful submitting an order with another CC. It seems that just that card is now blacklisted somehow. Is this consistent with others' experiences or do you see an alternative explanation?

I was paranoid and worried enough about this that I stooped to submitting an order from giftcards.com (ugh cost me money ;-) ).
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Query for those who think they were banned because they got the dreaded message of "This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections"

Did you try a different CC?

I manage 3 logins that we have been pushing close the 15k per month with each. One login has begun getting that error for a Amex card (I'll try twice and then stop so as not to hit the 3 strikes rule). An AU (which has a different card number) works on one of the other logins. I thought for sure I was banned, but I was successful submitting an order with another CC. It seems that just that card is now blacklisted somehow. Is this consistent with others' experiences or do you see an alternative explanation?

I was paranoid and worried enough about this that I stooped to submitting an order from giftcards.com (ugh cost me money ;-) ).
Well I spoke too soon. Got a cancellation email.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Well I spoke too soon. Got a cancellation email.
From whom regarding what exactly?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.