Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Old May 22, 2017, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Consensus on filing a ticket sometime late today or tomorrow for no tracking from last week?
Per TCB, you have to wait 7 days before you file a claim. My first untracked one will have the 7 day "anniversary" tomorrow, I'll file mine then.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:52 am

anyone try yazing recently with GCM?
Old May 22, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: Citi AAdvantage
Originally Posted by cdog999
anyone try yazing recently with GCM?
it doesn't work with GCM.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by rrayon
it doesn't work with GCM.
Is that a new thing? The one and only time I used Yazing with GCM was in February, and I'm still waiting for the cashback.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:04 am

I'll wait a few days before filing with TCB in hopes that it gets auto-corrected. For me, not spending extra time to file TCB claims > getting the cashback a few days earlier.

In case anyone is interested...
AMEX PPC are free for this month on their site.

No Purchase Fees
When You Spend $200 Or More: Code MAY200
Expires 6/30/17. Shipping Fees Apply. See More.

Enjoy! -- Just wanted to share the info.
These are the ones that work with VENMO by PayPal.

XOXO
I don't buy AGCs but I don't see how they're comparable with VGCs being that they involve more work & fees to liquidate. Or am I missing something?
Old May 22, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
I don't buy AGCs but I don't see how they're comparable with VGCs being that they involve more work & fees to liquidate. Or am I missing something?
Venmo codes AGC as debit. No fees to liquidate, nor gas or travel time to acquire/liquidate.
Old May 22, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: Citi AAdvantage
Excellent reply. I guess he was missing something... hehehehe.
Old May 22, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott LT Titanium
I'd been using Yazing for the last couples of weeks with GCM without issues; however the last 3 orders that I placed last week with the GCM using Yazing have not been tracking
upon reading of similar issues with the TCB in this forum, I will open a ticket with Yazing today and I will report back...
Old May 22, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by akadaisy
Venmo codes AGC as debit. No fees to liquidate, nor gas or travel time to acquire/liquidate.
I see, thanks. Haven't gotten into Venmo yet. I know it's off topic here but what kind of monthly volume seems to be OK as far as not triggering flags?
Old May 22, 2017, 12:17 pm

I see, thanks. Haven't gotten into Venmo yet. I know it's off topic here but what kind of monthly volume seems to be OK as far as not triggering flags?
There is a limit to number of new cards you can add, I think its something really small like 6 every 6-12 months
Old May 22, 2017, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by josh1573
I'd been using Yazing for the last couples of weeks with GCM without issues; however the last 3 orders that I placed last week with the GCM using Yazing have not been tracking
upon reading of similar issues with the TCB in this forum, I will open a ticket with Yazing today and I will report back...
Well I think we can safely say it's a GCM issue, and not each individual portal.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
There is a limit to number of new cards you can add, I think its something really small like 6 every 6-12 months
OK thanks. I meant monthly $ volume per Venmo account seems safe. It seems some people float ok and others get shut down, esp for using two Venmo accounts and sending money back & forth to themselves (which it'd make sense there'd be flags in place for that).
Old May 22, 2017, 2:34 pm

In case anyone is interested...
AMEX PPC are free for this month on their site.

No Purchase Fees
When You Spend $200 Or More: Code MAY200
Expires 6/30/17. Shipping Fees Apply. See More.

Enjoy! -- Just wanted to share the info.
These are the ones that work with VENMO by PayPal.

XOXO
Wrong thread, plus there's better promo codes out there so don't use this one.
Old May 22, 2017, 5:53 pm

OK thanks. I meant monthly $ volume per Venmo account seems safe. It seems some people float ok and others get shut down, esp for using two Venmo accounts and sending money back & forth to themselves (which it'd make sense there'd be flags in place for that).
venmo is def not worth the effort; it will quickly shut down & possibly hold $ for a while; unless something would change for the better, no intention to mess with it...it's like Gwallet, but G quickly put the fund back to the card
Old May 22, 2017, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
venmo is def not worth the effort; it will quickly shut down & possibly hold $ for a while; unless something would change for the better, no intention to mess with it...it's like Gwallet, but G quickly put the fund back to the card
That's what I had come across but hadn't looked into it so figured I'd ask in case that wasn't the case. I suppose it has its value for people that can't easily liquidate VGCs (I am not one of them) and have to meet minimum spend via MS somehow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.