Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 4:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by brody24
The screencap just a few posts up shows way more than 15k in a month. So I'm not sure how that can be right.
3 different GCM accounts all going through the same topcashback portal account
Old May 7, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Because we ARE paying more for shipping that much
For your 4047.60 purchase, it seems to be 8 500 cards with 5.95 fee. I dont see where the shipping is charged? 8*505.95 = 4047.60
Old May 7, 2017, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by westsai
For your 4047.60 purchase, it seems to be 8 500 cards with 5.95 fee. I dont see where the shipping is charged? 8*505.95 = 4047.60

Shipping excluded from portal cash back thats why its not showing.
Old May 7, 2017, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by I Fly Delta Jets
Shipping excluded from portal cash back thats why its not showing.
Ohh, I see, thank you so much
Old May 7, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Hey everyone in here that has been contributing - I just wanted to say thank you!

I think this recent discussion has been very informative and helpful.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
So who's going to tell us which SKU's are still earning 2%?
Old May 7, 2017, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by qasr
So who's going to tell us which SKU's are still earning 2%?
Old May 8, 2017, 9:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
In case it is of benefit to someone here is my spread sheet info for ordering and tracking.

Columns are:B C d e f g h i j
Headings are: Name, current date, 31 ago, 30 day sum, date ordered, amount, received, order number, notes,

Here is the most important part:

Current date C4=TODAY()
31 ago=C4-31
30 day sum=SUMIFS(G:G,F:F,">="&D4)

*I calculate based upon a 31 day sum (even though my column names it 30 day sum). I intentionally do this to allow for 1 day buffer for processing etc in case it happens so I am not wasting time trying to order only to get the step and see I am bumping up against 15k max
*Your columns and labels could be different but the gist of the automatic sum of past 30 days is present with the logic of 1)calculate today 2)determine 31 days ago 3) If the date in the F:F column range is more recent than that date (D4) then sum the order amount in the G:G column range

* I have columns to track:
1)that I have received the order (important when you may have 5-10 orderings coming of similar amounts)
2)order number
3)notes - i.e. Citi AA plat select 3k min spend card ending 9999, AU card on personx account for Amex Hilton Surpass upgrade from plain Hilton to meet 5k min spend ending in 9999

I have multiple tabs in my spread sheet, one for each different giftcardmall login (currently only 3).

*When I order, on the welcome card for each card I have the personalized message as something cryptic such as: A - ACPSAA-3k-5-18 : which means person A's GCM account, person a's citi plat select aa card, 3k for how much is the order, and date ordered.
*take a photo of that cryptic message when you receive.

Why do all this?

Because orders can get lost, you may not remember who account ordered it, who's cc ordered it, what purpose it was for etc etc.

The above system provides a tracking process from the ordering, to receiving to make sure nothing is missed in the process. If you are only ordering once in a great while, it won't be necessary. If you are maxing out your 15k per month ... maybe with more than one account, it really is of value to have a tracking process.

Hope this helps
Old May 8, 2017, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
In case it is of benefit to someone here is my spread sheet info for ordering and tracking.

Columns are:B C d e f g h i j
Headings are: Name, current date, 31 ago, 30 day sum, date ordered, amount, received, order number, notes,

Here is the most important part:

Current date C4=TODAY()
31 ago=C4-31
30 day sum=SUMIFS(G:G,F:F,">="&D4)

*I calculate based upon a 31 day sum (even though my column names it 30 day sum). I intentionally do this to allow for 1 day buffer for processing etc in case it happens so I am not wasting time trying to order only to get the step and see I am bumping up against 15k max
*Your columns and labels could be different but the gist of the automatic sum of past 30 days is present with the logic of 1)calculate today 2)determine 31 days ago 3) If the date in the F:F column range is more recent than that date (D4) then sum the order amount in the G:G column range

* I have columns to track:
1)that I have received the order (important when you may have 5-10 orderings coming of similar amounts)
2)order number
3)notes - i.e. Citi AA plat select 3k min spend card ending 9999, AU card on personx account for Amex Hilton Surpass upgrade from plain Hilton to meet 5k min spend ending in 9999

I have multiple tabs in my spread sheet, one for each different giftcardmall login (currently only 3).

*When I order, on the welcome card for each card I have the personalized message as something cryptic such as: A - ACPSAA-3k-5-18 : which means person A's GCM account, person a's citi plat select aa card, 3k for how much is the order, and date ordered.
*take a photo of that cryptic message when you receive.

Why do all this?

Because orders can get lost, you may not remember who account ordered it, who's cc ordered it, what purpose it was for etc etc.

The above system provides a tracking process from the ordering, to receiving to make sure nothing is missed in the process. If you are only ordering once in a great while, it won't be necessary. If you are maxing out your 15k per month ... maybe with more than one account, it really is of value to have a tracking process.

Hope this helps
Well said and good method. I do something similar, but rely just rely on sending myself an email which allows for easy searching if I received a particular order from GC and GCM. That said I'm not using multiple accounts and am just putting in 2 orders at GCM a month now so it doesn't have to be complex. I think the taking pics might be overkill, but I know others that scan all of their cards.
Old May 8, 2017, 1:07 pm

Serious question...

...but does TCB report these rebates as taxable income? Anyone ever get a 1099 form or it's equivalent from them?
Old May 8, 2017, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by skiwindham
...but does TCB report these rebates as taxable income? Anyone ever get a 1099 form or it's equivalent from them?
rebates aren't counted as taxable income. They are usually viewed as price adjustments, not income or free money.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Custom
This tracked at 2% for me 2 days ago. I used safari with ad-block paused. Thanks! ^
Old May 8, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
just wanted to say thanks JCD - much appreciated!
Old May 8, 2017, 6:39 pm

I made an account @giftcardmall.com but cannot seem to login (timed out). Is it normal or am I banned?
Old May 8, 2017, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo
I made an account @giftcardmall.com but cannot seem to login (timed out). Is it normal or am I banned?
Use a different browser/computer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.