Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
This is the master thread for all VGC and MCGC sold at Staples.
The previous discussion can be found here.

The VGCs sold at Staples are issued by Metabank and serviced by Blackhawk Network.
The activation code for online purchase comes with the card. Cards purchased at store are activated at check-out.
To activate cards over the phone (without activation codes), call (877) 426-2551 to talk to a rep.
To activate cards over the web, www.giftcardkey.com.
The default PIN number is the last four digits of the card number but can be changed online.

As of 5/12/2014, all known portals are dead.

Earn 5x points with Chase Ink, or Simply Cash for 5% cash back
Buy Visa gift cards (Metabank) at Staples ($200 for $7.95) or the website ($300 for $8.95).

2k Limit per transaction / 10k per day for online. In-store is usually 2k but YMMV
Often times, there are promotions with no or reduced activation fees
Print Wikipost

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by dsauch
its getting worse, i am getting "Sorry, it looks like you aren't eligible for any rebates"
Wait a few days. These used to load by the evening of the date of purchase. Now it seems to take a few days. I purchased on Monday, got that same message until W evening.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by dsauch
its getting worse, i am getting "Sorry, it looks like you aren't eligible for any rebates"
Getting this message for purchase made today.
Old May 30, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Thank you for contacting the Staples rebate center and I am sorry to hear you were having difficulty with submitting a rebate.

dsauch, a group of stores did not print the Easy Rebate ID on the bottom of the receipts that caused the issue of you not being able to submit on the www.stapleseasyrebates.com site. In a previous e-mail, you were given information on how to build the Easy Rebate ID, and were advised to submit the offer.

As a one time courtesy, I have entered your information and the file has the tracking number listed above. A $20 Visa prepaid card rebate is processing for your purchase of $300 or more in Visa prepaid cards.

This will be mailed within 15 days from the end of the return period, and sent to the address you provided in the e-mail. Please view this status/ship date online with reference to the tracking number provided. Once received, to view transactions or a balance, log onto www.StaplesEasyRebates.com/rebatecard.

For future reference dsauch, our center does not submit the rebate on your behalf on a regular basis. If you are not able to complete this online, the rebate is required to be mailed to the address provided on the rebate form. You must include the Rebate Receipt and completed Rebate Redemption Form.

Should you have any further questions on this or another rebate offer, contact us again by phone, e-mail or chat.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by bulletin2007

It shows all these information after "SALE", which is just under the phone number of your local Staple store.
Here is an example,
SALE 1111111 2 003 44444
5555 06/18/17 9:00

Your rebate order ID should be
5555 061817 44444 03

It looks their pos system had a bug after recent update.
Thank you! Saved me a phone call or chat.

I did get an error message "looks like you're not eligible for any rebates" when I tried to submit using my computer (Chrome Browser), but it went through fine on my iPad.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:17 pm

Is there any rhyme or reason why Staples bills 5 VGCs out of a 6 card order then bills the 6th card separately? Email shows the first 5 shipped and more to ship soon yet all 6 cards come in one envelope! It really messes up my Chase Ink statement.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Looks like $300 in AmEx GC will get you a $20 Staples GC via rebate this week.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
How are people actually liquidating these gift cards to pay off their credit cards? I don't wan to use AMEX Serve (forgot my credentials and lost my card) or a money order because I feel like the money order option is sketchy for most cashiers.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
How are people actually liquidating these gift cards to pay off their credit cards? I don't wan to use AMEX Serve (forgot my credentials and lost my card) or a money order because I feel like the money order option is sketchy for most cashiers.
I think people are liquidating them by doing the things you don't want to do.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:37 pm

You've just answered yourself how. So funny.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
I think people are liquidating them by doing the things you don't want to do.
Are those really the only two ways to do it? Geeze.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: All of them to one degree or another
Are those really the only two ways to do it? Geeze.
No. Tons of other ways to do it. Those are just the low hanging fruit. If you are unwilling to do the easy stuff then there is no use in trying to describe the more complicated stuff to you.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by DeaconY
No. Tons of other ways to do it. Those are just the low hanging fruit. If you are unwilling to do the easy stuff then there is no use in trying to describe the more complicated stuff to you.
I was able to actually guess the user name (which was actually my e-mail) so I was able to log in. I bought (2) $200 Visa gift cards from Staples yesterday and now I'm going to load them to Serve and pay the credit card bill. I guess there's really nothing to lose here, my Serve account is worthless otherwise.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:46 am

I was able to actually guess the user name (which was actually my e-mail) so I was able to log in. I bought (2) $200 Visa gift cards from Staples yesterday and now I'm going to load them to Serve and pay the credit card bill. I guess there's really nothing to lose here, my Serve account is worthless otherwise.
if feel that serve acct is worthless, ur will be permanently shut down soon by doing that
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
if feel that serve acct is worthless, ur will be permanently shut down soon by doing that
*Brings up how using Visa gift cards loaded to serve isn't a good idea*

*Gets told that's one of only two ways how, or that it's not worth telling me other ways to do it unless I have the guts to load serve or buy money orders with them.*

*Changes mind and brings up how I'll load Serve after buying Visa Gift cards*

*Then gets told his Serve account will be shut down if he does it.*
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: All of them to one degree or another
*Brings up how using Visa gift cards loaded to serve isn't a good idea*

*Gets told that's one of only two ways how, or that it's not worth telling me other ways to do it unless I have the guts to load serve or buy money orders with them.*

*Changes mind and brings up how I'll load Serve after buying Visa Gift cards*

*Then gets told his Serve account will be shut down if he does it.*
Quits Churning/MSing out of frustration leaving it to those folks willing to do the homework and legwork to make it work for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.