FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1820917-visa-mastercard-gift-cards-staples-2017-onwards.html)

perkunas Jan 19, 2017 8:33 am

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

20$ VGC rebate for 300$ VGC purchase coming back next week (Sun-Sat as always)

misterno Jan 19, 2017 8:38 am

Originally Posted by perkunas (Post 27786880)
20$ VGC rebate for 300$ VGC purchase coming back next week (Sun-Sat as always)

as always limit 1 per purchase

not like used to be where I could go in and buy 20 of them

good old days

macrophage Jan 19, 2017 8:39 am

Originally Posted by misterno (Post 27786911)

good old days

YMMV for you then.

Rebate is limit 1 per household.

DeltaNeutral28 Jan 19, 2017 8:45 am

good old days

YMMV, plenty of stores will let you do two transactions. I'll do that twice or thrice next week, don't know that I have more than 6 addresses.

DjRocket Jan 19, 2017 12:32 pm

good old days

Do you know if they allow you to split payments for the VGC and how many payments? Since I can buy only one card to get this rebate, not much room for trial and error experimentation. Wondering how many FB cards I can use + regular CR to get to $300. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: $300 + fee that is

lumangoy Jan 22, 2017 12:21 pm

My Staples temporarily will only take cash for all transactions.

Their internet is down and they said its AT&Ts network that is fown.

krazykanuck Jan 22, 2017 12:38 pm

I happened to be in NYC today so Staples was a stop on my way back to LGA to grab some cards. Houston is a bit of a staples desert and the 1 convenient location often never has cards during these promos.

Mamibear Jan 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by DjRocket (Post 27788094)
Do you know if they allow you to split payments for the VGC and how many payments? Since I can buy only one card to get this rebate, not much room for trial and error experimentation. Wondering how many FB cards I can use + regular CR to get to $300. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: $300 + fee that is

my go-to Staples manager allows paying with Staples GC/VGC where I tell them amount (not sure if these auto drains) and I pay the balance with either Ink or Simplycash+. As always, YMMV so try it at your store and see.

Java Cool Dude Jan 22, 2017 5:30 pm

So something unique has happened to me today: I instructed the cashier to ring up 2 x fixed denomination VGCs and one of the card showed up at 206.95 whereas the other posted as $200 even!
I asked the cashier to try it again and once again it posted without the fee. Finally I was told to grab a different card from the shelve and this time around the fees posted.
Anyway, I was being honest so I don't feel bad about the missed opportunity.

danhouston Jan 22, 2017 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude (Post 27802222)
So something unique has happened to me today: I instructed the cashier to ring up 2 x fixed denomination VGCs and one of the card showed up at 206.95 whereas the other posted as $200 even!
I asked the cashier to try it again and once again it posted without the fee. Finally I was told to grab a different card from the shelve and this time around the fees posted.
Anyway, I was being honest so I don't feel bad about the missed opportunity.

u probably saved urself a trip back to the store & some inconvenience; if the fee didn't ring up or show, the card was bad or wasn't activated; happened to me once & had to return to the store to get a refund for $200; didn't realize til getting error & learning that the card had 0 balance

Java Cool Dude Jan 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston (Post 27802273)
if the fee didn't ring up or show, the card was bad or wasn't activated; happened to me once & had to return to the store to get a refund

Phewww, dodged a bullet there! :o

Spiral1 Jan 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston (Post 27802273)
u probably saved urself a trip back to the store & some inconvenience; if the fee didn't ring up or show, the card was bad or wasn't activated; happened to me once & had to return to the store to get a refund for $200; didn't realize til getting error & learning that the card had 0 balance

Same thing happened to me earlier today with one card not having a fee. I gave the cashier two $200 vgc's and he scanned both but only one seemed to actually ring up. Told him one of them must have not scanned properly so he voided the one that did ring up and re-scanned it along with the second vgc. End result was the first one not applying the activation fee so I got both for $406.95.

I checked the balance on them both immediately and they were both loaded fine. Drained them to bluebird later.

Renes Points Jan 24, 2017 11:59 am

Have we tested them all?

1 Attachment(s)
Wiki says: As of 5/12/2014, all known portals are dead.

All of them? Has anyone tested them all yet? If not, I will be with 5Backs soon.

co.miller89 Jan 24, 2017 6:40 pm

i did 3 transactions of 200x2 on the same card. I submitted the rebates to 3 totally different people/addresses. the issue is, i gave them my staples rewards phone number by accident. any idea if this will void the 2 additional rebates?

DeltaNeutral28 Jan 24, 2017 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by jeam3130 (Post 27813085)
i did 3 transactions of 200x2 on the same card. I submitted the rebates to 3 totally different people/addresses. the issue is, i gave them my staples rewards phone number by accident. any idea if this will void the 2 additional rebates?

If you duplicated anything you will only get one rebate for how many times you used anything more than once.