Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
This is the master thread for all VGC and MCGC sold at Staples.
The previous discussion can be found here.

The VGCs sold at Staples are issued by Metabank and serviced by Blackhawk Network.
The activation code for online purchase comes with the card. Cards purchased at store are activated at check-out.
To activate cards over the phone (without activation codes), call (877) 426-2551 to talk to a rep.
To activate cards over the web, www.giftcardkey.com.
The default PIN number is the last four digits of the card number but can be changed online.

As of 5/12/2014, all known portals are dead.

Earn 5x points with Chase Ink, or Simply Cash for 5% cash back
Buy Visa gift cards (Metabank) at Staples ($200 for $7.95) or the website ($300 for $8.95).

2k Limit per transaction / 10k per day for online. In-store is usually 2k but YMMV
Often times, there are promotions with no or reduced activation fees
Print Wikipost

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Nope, the PIN is printed in a "hidden" pocket in the packaging.
JCD
Nope, last 4. You’re thinking of the former USB MC’s. These are Metabank MC’s.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles

Nope, last 4. You’re thinking of the former USB MC’s. These are Metabank MC’s.
The more you know! Thanks for correcting me
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by camaross
Last 4
Thank you
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Nope, the PIN is printed in a "hidden" pocket in the packaging.
JCD
That's what I thought too. Tore the packaging apart looking for the PIN. Glad Camaross knew the answer.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:03 pm

Does anyone know if the US Bank mastercards at staples work with the no fee promo? Or is it just the metabank ones? My local staples is out of the metabank ones (I cleaned out the last of them lol) but I went to a different area of the store and there were some US Bank ones, but I haven't tested it out to see if there's a fee or not. Any data points?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by stormpelt
Does anyone know if the US Bank mastercards at staples work with the no fee promo? Or is it just the metabank ones? My local staples is out of the metabank ones (I cleaned out the last of them lol) but I went to a different area of the store and there were some US Bank ones, but I haven't tested it out to see if there's a fee or not. Any data points?
Both MC work. Why wouldn't you just ask a cashier, they can easily check and cancel the transaction.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by chaser123
Both MC work. Why wouldn't you just ask a cashier, they can easily check and cancel the transaction.
are you sure the US Bank MC's still ring up? When Staples added the Metabank MC's the US Bank MC's started ringing up at 9999, which meant they were not in the Staples system.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:52 am

US Bank

My apologies. I can not confirm. I thought I bought several with the old US bank packaging. Quickly going through my cards from last week and they are all Meta.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:20 am

Did anyone really get their online orders for $300 GC shipped recently? I have a few orders since they were back online but none of them seem to get shipped.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by AndyZ
Did anyone really get their online orders for $300 GC shipped recently? I have a few orders since they were back online but none of them seem to get shipped.
Same here. Ordered 10 days ago and still in processing status
Old May 1, 2019, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by AndyZ
Orders from Apr 16 and Apr 24 both arrived yesterday. Order from 4/18 is still sitting in Processing status. Gotta love 'em.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:01 am
soy

Programs: various
DoC reporting the fee free $200 VGC deal running again next week 5/5
Old May 4, 2019, 11:35 am
FTA

Are online Visa purchases processed by Staples or 3rd party like Giftcardmall? Have a 10% off Staples offer from Chase

Last edited by FTA; May 4, 2019 at 11:45 am
Old May 5, 2019, 9:53 am
Suspended

my to go to stores started to enforce the Limit of 1 per customer, no sign posted, but they showed me where its printed in the ad.

hopefully some of you have better luck, ran into the same problem last time out on Pa, but the stores that limited me today didnt then in my hood

The wagons are starting to circle
Old May 5, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by craz
my to go to stores started to enforce the Limit of 1 per customer, no sign posted, but they showed me where its printed in the ad.

hopefully some of you have better luck, ran into the same problem last time out on Pa, but the stores that limited me today didnt then in my hood

The wagons are starting to circle
My go-to stores in Chicagoland suburbs still don’t enforce the limit except for one that depends on the cashier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.