Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
This is the master thread for all VGC and MCGC sold at Staples.
The previous discussion can be found here.

The VGCs sold at Staples are issued by Metabank and serviced by Blackhawk Network.
The activation code for online purchase comes with the card. Cards purchased at store are activated at check-out.
To activate cards over the phone (without activation codes), call (877) 426-2551 to talk to a rep.
To activate cards over the web, www.giftcardkey.com.
The default PIN number is the last four digits of the card number but can be changed online.

As of 5/12/2014, all known portals are dead.

Earn 5x points with Chase Ink, or Simply Cash for 5% cash back
Buy Visa gift cards (Metabank) at Staples ($200 for $7.95) or the website ($300 for $8.95).

2k Limit per transaction / 10k per day for online. In-store is usually 2k but YMMV
Often times, there are promotions with no or reduced activation fees
Print Wikipost

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, SWA Companion Pass, United Silver
A recent DP for the LA area - my local Staples no longer stock $200 VGCs in store, which is really unfortunate.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
$15 staples gc on $300 vgc or mcgc coming Sunday. Anyone had any success recently with Uber credits? I had one online order that posted to Uber last week.
Staples no longer gives me uber credit as of October. Last I received was in August, though I don't think I tried in September. I think uber credit mostly on VGC's.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TyPo311
Staples no longer gives me uber credit as of October. Last I received was in August, though I don't think I tried in September. I think uber credit mostly on VGC's.
Same for me even as staples was lowered to 1%.

Odd thing is that my friend opened his Uber app on Android and it showed 5%. My iOS uber app still shows 1% and I’m not getting any credits.

I should load my ink card into his app and see if it works. Hard to complain about free Uber Credit but it would be nice if it actually works as the app shows.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:26 pm

Starting Nov. 5 (and running for two weeks until Nov. 18), buy $300 in VGC or MCGVC and get a $15 Staples GC (and you might get lucky and get a Visa GC instead).

It is on page 6 of my local weekly ad.
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Are folks getting Visas from the last go-round, or is it well and truly a Staples GC?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by sechs
Are folks getting Visas from the last go-round, or is it well and truly a Staples GC?
It is highly unlikely that anyone has received their rebate card(s) yet from the last promotion.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sechs
Haven't received mine so can't say. But at the end of the day, does it really matter? Most people will eventually take another Staples trip and can find $15 worth of stuff to buy that they'd have to buy somewhere else.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:20 pm
soy

Programs: various
Bought visas today, no rebate printed. Was rushing to airport so no time to wait and figure things out.
I thought I read somewhere that one could decipher the rebate code as it follows a simple formula. Anyone able to share that?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by soy
Bought visas today, no rebate printed. Was rushing to airport so no time to wait and figure things out.
I thought I read somewhere that one could decipher the rebate code as it follows a simple formula. Anyone able to share that?
Was it the Blue VGC?

There are reports in DOC that the Blue VGCs are NOT included in rebate (inlistrd SKU that have rebate)
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by soy
In the past when the rebate form didn't print for me, under the Easy rebate ID, I input the numbers under the barcode on my main receipt. It worked for me and I got my rebate in two weeks.

I haven't bought yet, I'll buy on the cut off date so it'll post on my next statement.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:14 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by lumangoy
Was it the Blue VGC?

There are reports in DOC that the Blue VGCs are NOT included in rebate (inlistrd SKU that have rebate)
yes, the blue METAs. Ironically I would likely have taken MC only for the PO shutdown this week.

No mention of those SKU's being out of scope in the flyer
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by soy
yes, the blue METAs. Ironically I would likely have taken MC only for the PO shutdown this week.

No mention of those SKU's being out of scope in the flyer
In https://rebate.staples.com only these SKUs are listed:
763603, 192695, 763608, 763455, 725725, 763604, 763602, 374172, 763607, 374177, 866291
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by soy
I bought mine yesterday. When the register did not indicate a rebate was available, I involved the manager who called corporate after affirming that I had valid cards (he checked the stock #).
Corporate said that there was a "systemwide glitch" that was preventing the print-out of the rebate form. However, they said that the fix was coming "sometime after Tuesday"
The work around is to do the rebate on-line using the code as well described above. Just go to the "rebate center" tab on the home page and follow the directions for inputting the code.
However, I was warned to wait until at least Tuesday or the center will spew out an "invalid code rebate" error message. So I will wait until tomorrow.

As an aside, the staff at this Staples did not have a clue on this sale. I had to get the circular and show them the ad. There were no signs indicating a sale as well. I think corporate should do a better job with their promotions.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:21 am

374177 is the correct sku for the $200 blue vgc I bought at staples today. I checked the sku on the shelf against the ad before I bought. Didn't get a printed form at checkout, but I'm sure it's just a glitch that will be fixed
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:30 am

You guys should know this is a common issue with "easy" rebates. When the rebate appears as a mail-in rebate on https://rebate.staples.com it cannot be submitted online and no rebate form prints. This is Staples's error. They will probably correct it in the middle or end of the week and then you can submit your rebate using the 17-digit code at the bottom of your receipt like you normally would.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.