Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017-2019)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 14, 19, 10:30 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: rxgeek
Wiki Link
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

The VGCs sold at Staples are issued by Metabank. The activation code for online purchase comes with the card. Cards purchased at store are activated at check-out.
To activate cards over the phone (without activation codes), call (877) 426-2551 to talk to a rep.
To activate cards over the web, www.giftcardkey.com.
The default PIN number is the last four digits of the card number but can be changed online.

The max VGCs sold at Staples.com are $300. No $500 cards. With its $8.95 or 3% card fee, it is only good if there is promotion (or rebate).

As of 5/12/2014, all known portals are dead.

Earn 5x points with Chase Ink, or Simply Cash for 5% cash back

Buy Visa gift cards (Metabank) at Staples ($200 for $6.95) or the website ($300 for $8.95).

2k Limit per transaction / 10k per day for online. In-store is usually 2k but YMMV

Often times, there are promotions with no or reduced activation fees
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 5, 18, 2:30 pm
  #736  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 468
Amex running a promo of ten off on business cards. Not sure if vgc will trigger tho.
ChuckMango is offline  
Old Jun 5, 18, 5:20 pm
  #737  
CDO
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 354
Originally Posted by ChuckMango View Post
Amex running a promo of ten off on business cards. Not sure if vgc will trigger tho.
Does it work online buying visa gc's?
CDO is offline  
Old Jun 5, 18, 5:26 pm
  #738  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,830
Originally Posted by CDO View Post
Does it work online buying visa gc's?
staples.com is included in 10% promo
lumangoy is offline  
Old Jun 5, 18, 6:04 pm
  #739  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Oregon, Utah
Posts: 11
Tried online and in-store purchases but there was no confirmation from AMEX that I met the offer

Perhaps we need to wait till billing statement is closed?
randiboy is offline  
Old Jun 5, 18, 7:14 pm
  #740  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 168
Originally Posted by randiboy View Post
Tried online and in-store purchases but there was no confirmation from AMEX that I met the offer

Perhaps we need to wait till billing statement is closed?
Amex confirmation emails don't matter -- let the charge fully post then wait a week to see if the credit comes in
Jatan is offline  
Old Jun 5, 18, 8:40 pm
  #741  
CDO
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 354
Originally Posted by Jatan View Post
Amex confirmation emails don't matter -- let the charge fully post then wait a week to see if the credit comes in
I always usually get an instantaneous email when i use an offer, it is strange this time it did not.
CDO is offline  
Old Jun 5, 18, 9:01 pm
  #742  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,699
Originally Posted by randiboy View Post
Tried online and in-store purchases but there was no confirmation from AMEX that I met the offer

Perhaps we need to wait till billing statement is closed?
no worries, I did a $1K transaction at Lowe's on June 3, posted the next day and today, I saw $100 credited to my account : ) I didn't get a confirmation email like I always do, but I'm glad credit has posted before my statement cut a few days from now.
Mamibear is offline  
Old Jun 5, 18, 9:23 pm
  #743  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 468
Originally Posted by Mamibear View Post
no worries, I did a $1K transaction at Lowe's on June 3, posted the next day and today, I saw $100 credited to my account : ) I didn't get a confirmation email like I always do, but I'm glad credit has posted before my statement cut a few days from now.
Thanks for the DP
ChuckMango is offline  
Old Jun 5, 18, 11:05 pm
  #744  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by ChuckMango View Post
Amex running a promo of ten off on business cards. Not sure if vgc will trigger tho.
Is this an Amex offers deal? I do not see it under my Amex Hilton Business.
gq533 is offline  
Old Jun 5, 18, 11:17 pm
  #745  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 168
Originally Posted by gq533 View Post
Is this an Amex offers deal? I do not see it under my Amex Hilton Business.
Yes -- go to: "americanexpress.com/domorebusiness" and login

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...l#post29816289
Jatan is offline  
Old Jun 6, 18, 12:38 am
  #746  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by Jatan View Post
Yes -- go to: "americanexpress.com/domorebusiness" and login

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...l#post29816289
I originally went to that URL, but accidentally added the deal to my non-business card. I can no longer get the deal to show up again. Thanks for the link though.
gq533 is offline  
Old Jun 6, 18, 10:52 am
  #747  
CDO
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 354
Originally Posted by gq533 View Post
Is this an Amex offers deal? I do not see it under my Amex Hilton Business.
It is under the amex offers but it may be gone as Im sure many signed up for it
CDO is offline  
Old Jun 6, 18, 11:06 am
  #748  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 427
The Amex offer for Staples worked for online orders. I didn't get the email but the credit was there a few days later.

Last edited by Travelz; Jun 6, 18 at 11:38 am
Travelz is offline  
Old Jun 7, 18, 12:19 pm
  #749  
CDO
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 354
Originally Posted by Travelz View Post
The Amex offer for Staples worked for online orders. I didn't get the email but the credit was there a few days later.
Instore order not showing 3 days later, will wait it out
CDO is offline  
Old Jun 7, 18, 1:04 pm
  #750  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,830
Originally Posted by CDO View Post
Instore order not showing 3 days later, will wait it out
You purchased on Monday?
lumangoy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread