Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017-2019)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 14, 19, 10:30 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: rxgeek
Wiki Link
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

The VGCs sold at Staples are issued by Metabank. The activation code for online purchase comes with the card. Cards purchased at store are activated at check-out.
To activate cards over the phone (without activation codes), call (877) 426-2551 to talk to a rep.
To activate cards over the web, www.giftcardkey.com.
The default PIN number is the last four digits of the card number but can be changed online.

The max VGCs sold at Staples.com are $300. No $500 cards. With its $8.95 or 3% card fee, it is only good if there is promotion (or rebate).

As of 5/12/2014, all known portals are dead.

Earn 5x points with Chase Ink, or Simply Cash for 5% cash back

Buy Visa gift cards (Metabank) at Staples ($200 for $6.95) or the website ($300 for $8.95).

2k Limit per transaction / 10k per day for online. In-store is usually 2k but YMMV

Often times, there are promotions with no or reduced activation fees
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 2, 18, 2:14 pm
  #616  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ATL
Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Posts: 949
Originally Posted by lobo411 View Post
I think mail is mail to the USPS. It's all forwardable.
False. Some mail is forwardable and some, like some standard mail, is not. They can actually mark the letter to not forward.

It looks like they processed the card fast enough for me that it won't matter.
sechs is online now  
Old Feb 2, 18, 10:15 pm
  #617  
Moderator, Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: TIJ/SAN
Programs: Delta Silver. Hilton Diamond.
Posts: 1,385
Originally Posted by sechs View Post
False. Some mail is forwardable and some, like some standard mail, is not. They can actually mark the letter to not forward.

It looks like they processed the card fast enough for me that it won't matter.
In any event, I'm pretty sure the Staples rebate cards are forwardable. I've done it many times.
ChrisFlyer66 is offline  
Old Feb 16, 18, 6:52 am
  #618  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: IAD, TPE
Posts: 389
Hoping someone can help, looks like I might be banned. has anyone successfully had their ban lifted? Feel free to PM if preferred.
fangtl is offline  
Old Feb 16, 18, 9:58 am
  #619  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,937
Originally Posted by fangtl View Post
Hoping someone can help, looks like I might be banned. has anyone successfully had their ban lifted? Feel free to PM if preferred.
​​​​​​​Banned by whom? From what? A few details would have helped.
Steve in Olympia is offline  
Old Feb 16, 18, 11:24 am
  #620  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 404
Originally Posted by fangtl View Post
Hoping someone can help, looks like I might be banned. has anyone successfully had their ban lifted? Feel free to PM if preferred.
banned? u sure you didnt just go over 10k in a day and get orders cancelled?
bar19900 is offline  
Old Feb 16, 18, 12:04 pm
  #621  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: IAD, TPE
Posts: 389
Since this is the Staples thread, thought it would be obvious I got banned from staples. Anyway, this is the email I have been receiving for my Staples orders: It's been happening to all orders from them, not just gift cards. "We would like to inform you that due to the nature of your order, it has not been processed. Please be advised that Staples reserves the right to limit the quantity of any item sold, or prohibit a sale altogether. Please see the terms and conditions posted on Staples.com."
TyPo311 likes this.
fangtl is offline  
Old Feb 16, 18, 2:05 pm
  #622  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,937
Originally Posted by fangtl View Post
Since this is the Staples thread, thought it would be obvious I got banned from staples. Anyway, this is the email I have been receiving for my Staples orders: It's been happening to all orders from them, not just gift cards. "We would like to inform you that due to the nature of your order, it has not been processed. Please be advised that Staples reserves the right to limit the quantity of any item sold, or prohibit a sale altogether. Please see the terms and conditions posted on Staples.com."
So you have been banned from all 305 Staples stores? Not likely.
Steve in Olympia is offline  
Old Feb 19, 18, 5:06 am
  #623  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,207
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia View Post
So you have been banned from all 305 Staples stores? Not likely.
Im sure he meant banned from orders at staples.com. OP, good luck, staples bans are for life.
hamokmonky is offline  
Old Feb 19, 18, 8:21 am
  #624  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: North Texas
Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 137
Originally Posted by fangtl View Post
Hoping someone can help, looks like I might be banned. has anyone successfully had their ban lifted? Feel free to PM if preferred.
I'm banned as well I believe, can't get an order to go through. I know why I was banned though so, it was no surprise.
TyPo311 is offline  
Old Feb 20, 18, 7:09 am
  #625  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CMH
Programs: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott/BW Plat; Hilton Dia; Radisson Gold; Hertz Prez (OK, some are +1's)
Posts: 558
Originally Posted by doggiefizzle View Post
UGH, I know it was kind of an embarrassing question, but I didn't know if Staples had cracked down on multiple rebates with different addresses linked to the same CC (in my case an Ink+). I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes.
I did 3 different addresses on this last offer for the first time. What could go wrong? All 3 were accepted but only 2 were mailed. CS wants a copy of the receipt emailed to [email protected]. I threw away the receipt when the cc bill came and I was traveling when I bought these and can't go back to the issuing store. I'm calling corporate today unless someone has an easier solution.
rxgeek is offline  
Old Feb 20, 18, 7:16 am
  #626  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by rxgeek View Post
I did 3 different addresses on this last offer for the first time. What could go wrong? All 3 were accepted but only 2 were mailed. CS wants a copy of the receipt emailed to [email protected]. I threw away the receipt when the cc bill came and I was traveling when I bought these and can't go back to the issuing store. I'm calling corporate today unless someone has an easier solution.
Try doing a chat and then chatting again (if needed) until you get someone who does a "customer care" "mail-in" rebate submission without the receipt. A lot of the chat reps will do that without the emailed receipt requirement.
dealhunter32 is offline  
Old Feb 21, 18, 6:48 am
  #627  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 83
Trying something new (for me) and posting for people who are newer than myself. I received 2 of the last $20 rebates by sending one to work. Today order a vgc and pencils online was able to put both rebate cards in on the order. Marked order as pickup in store. Pencils will be ready by tomorrow (ha, prob. today), vgc in 2 weeks. Since I'm small time potatoes, I thought I'd give it a try. I'll post back if it causes a problem. It might prove a lot of convenience for small time dabblers.
vbnet is offline  
Old Feb 27, 18, 9:04 am
  #628  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 933
Anyone still not received their Mid Jan $20 VGC rebates. I did one rebate on the last day of the rebate (Saturday) and it still hasn't arrived?
DeltaNeutral28 is offline  
Old Feb 28, 18, 12:52 am
  #629  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 366
I got mine a couple of weeks ago.

Staples sent me an email back in Jan with a tracking number. If you got a similar email, you may be able to see how far along the rebate is.
Klemhuzzah is offline  
Old Mar 2, 18, 12:31 pm
  #630  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 83
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28 View Post
Anyone still not received their Mid Jan $20 VGC rebates. I did one rebate on the last day of the rebate (Saturday) and it still hasn't arrived?
https://rebate.staples.com/staples/home.action

I
did one then too and got mine a week ago.
vbnet is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread