Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
This is the master thread for all VGC and MCGC sold at Staples.
The previous discussion can be found here.

The VGCs sold at Staples are issued by Metabank and serviced by Blackhawk Network.
The activation code for online purchase comes with the card. Cards purchased at store are activated at check-out.
To activate cards over the phone (without activation codes), call (877) 426-2551 to talk to a rep.
To activate cards over the web, www.giftcardkey.com.
The default PIN number is the last four digits of the card number but can be changed online.

As of 5/12/2014, all known portals are dead.

Earn 5x points with Chase Ink, or Simply Cash for 5% cash back
Buy Visa gift cards (Metabank) at Staples ($200 for $7.95) or the website ($300 for $8.95).

2k Limit per transaction / 10k per day for online. In-store is usually 2k but YMMV
Often times, there are promotions with no or reduced activation fees
Print Wikipost

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:35 pm

Buy FAR paper deals to monetize staples gcs.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:29 pm
soy

Programs: various
Next week see's what is about the worst of the Staples GC deals. Get a $20 Staples GC with $300 AGC
I will be giving this a miss, still plenty of OD/OM cards to get rid of
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by mistergaga
Any ideas how to liquidate Staples gift cards?
I don't buy stuff from Staples so I trade their store GC at hotelsdotcom to save more points that I can use for hotel reservations. If the store takes them as partial payment for VGCs, I do that first and the hotelsdotcom is my last option.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by lobo411
Buy FAR paper deals to monetize staples gcs.
Do they still do the penny paper? I check the coupons every once in awhile and havent seen that in a long time. I have way too many Staples cards I need to unload.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Do they still do the penny paper? I check the coupons every once in awhile and havent seen that in a long time. I have way too many Staples cards I need to unload.
lowest I've seen lately was $1 on Black Friday. I was able to unload $80 Staples GCs
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:00 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by cdog999
They had it last week, and several times in the past 6 months. Often it is only for Sat/Sun rather than the whole week.
Last week they also had McAfee antivirus, 1c with $39 rebate, so another good way to monetize.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by soy
Next week see's what is about the worst of the Staples GC deals. Get a $20 Staples GC with $300 AGC
I will be giving this a miss, still plenty of OD/OM cards to get rid of
The deal works for me. I pay property taxes, insurance or make church donations with the AGC. Perfect timing.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by soy
They had it last week, and several times in the past 6 months. Often it is only for Sat/Sun rather than the whole week.
Last week they also had McAfee antivirus, 1c with $39 rebate, so another good way to monetize.
I think you mean Sun/Mon, rebates don't run Sat/Sun as they all start on Sunday
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:10 pm

Anyone else have a Staples that only sells low-amount Gift Cards? I went to the Staples on Broadway in NYC and the maximum Amex they'll sell is $200. It basically makes any promo they have on the cards completely worthless.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by breakthepoints
Anyone else have a Staples that only sells low-amount Gift Cards? I went to the Staples on Broadway in NYC and the maximum Amex they'll sell is $200. It basically makes any promo they have on the cards completely worthless.
Staples only sells GCs $200 and under in store, however that number goes up by $100 online.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:30 pm

I need to meet spend on my Chase Hyatt card. If I go online and buy VGC at Staples, will show as a purchase?

???
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by CarlosRodrigue
I need to meet spend on my Chase Hyatt card. If I go online and buy VGC at Staples, will show as a purchase?

???
Sounds like you are looking to purchase something. So I would assume, yes?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:46 pm

???
Yes, it will post as purchase. Keep in mind that the maximum VGC load at Staples online is $300 with $8.95 fee and there is no bonus via portal. Check Simon for their $500 VGCs and lower fees and shipping (no portal bonus) if you're trying to meet MSR.
vbnet and CarlosRodrigue like this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:51 pm

Thank you! I was hearing trouble with Simon. Can I get MO and unload Simon at WM?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:14 pm

Thank you! I was hearing trouble with Simon. Can I get MO and unload Simon at WM?
Have you read the Simon thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.