Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
This is the master thread for all VGC and MCGC sold at Staples.
The previous discussion can be found here.

The VGCs sold at Staples are issued by Metabank and serviced by Blackhawk Network.
The activation code for online purchase comes with the card. Cards purchased at store are activated at check-out.
To activate cards over the phone (without activation codes), call (877) 426-2551 to talk to a rep.
To activate cards over the web, www.giftcardkey.com.
The default PIN number is the last four digits of the card number but can be changed online.

As of 5/12/2014, all known portals are dead.

Earn 5x points with Chase Ink, or Simply Cash for 5% cash back
Buy Visa gift cards (Metabank) at Staples ($200 for $7.95) or the website ($300 for $8.95).

2k Limit per transaction / 10k per day for online. In-store is usually 2k but YMMV
Often times, there are promotions with no or reduced activation fees
Print Wikipost

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:58 pm

Yes, rebates that are manually processed by customer service will only show up under the "Mail-In Rebates" tab (found near top of page) under "Track a Rebate."

As for this week's MasterCard rebate, it is working... you would know if it's working if it shows up when you enter the tracking number rather than just saying "your eligible rebates are still being determined."
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Steelcurtain
I'm not an expert here so please don't beat me up.

I was told that the newly issued tracking number for the rebates the last week of July could be checked online but under the mail in rebate section. Have you tried that?

Can anyone provide suggestions on how to get the MasterCard rebates processed for this week?
Thanks for the response! I called in and they had just cut the check today. My tracking number doesn't work in any form online or on the phone system, so maybe that's how it works when they do it manually.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
(emphasis added)

As of this morning, both of my rebate submissions from July 31 show the following status:

Promotion: Get a $20 Visa (R) Prepaid Card on a Purchase of $300 or more of Visa Gift Cards
Status Date: 08-07-2017
Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing.

You can make your check payable to "Steve in Olympia."
Nice try, but it wasn't a valid rebate when I stated that. Nor was it intended to be (and technically still isn't - It just got pushed through because it was a mistake and they honored it). And now that you've failed you owe me a check.

Last edited by hamokmonky; Aug 16, 2017 at 6:04 am
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:30 am

Are the MCGC's that currently have the rebate Metabank? US Bank?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:34 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by chippy111
Are the MCGC's that currently have the rebate Metabank? US Bank?
US BANK - liquidate quickly
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:46 pm

Normally, I receive my orange activation codes on the same day as my cards in the mail. This last batch has now been 3 days since I received the codes, but I still don't have the cards.

Edit: Cards showed up 3 days after codes. Just a data point.

Last edited by Newgene; Aug 18, 2017 at 8:08 pm
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:08 pm

Do these $20 rebates autodrain (?), I know they are meta. My other meta from gcm autodrain. I have a friendly MO csr and can prolly run all five of mine for a $99 MO.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:50 pm
IU5

Is it possible to use Staples GC from MPX to buy VGCs in-store and online?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Do these $20 rebates autodrain (?), I know they are meta. My other meta from gcm autodrain. I have a friendly MO csr and can prolly run all five of mine for a $99 MO.
I don't think you can buy an MO with the rebate gift cards.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by IU5
Is it possible to use Staples GC from MPX to buy VGCs in-store and online?
no.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Newgene
Normally, I receive my orange activation codes on the same day as my cards in the mail. This last batch has now been 3 days since I received the codes, but I still don't have the cards.

Edit: Cards showed up 3 days after codes. Just a data point.
Funny, my last batch showed up three days BEFORE I got the codes.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Funny, my last batch showed up three days BEFORE I got the codes.
Yep, my codes typically arrive after my cards.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I didn't buy MO with mine but loaded three to one of my prepaids + GCcom VGC. Each of the StapGCs didn't prompt for PIN although I mentioned to cashier to type in $20 for each knowing WM doesn't drain these type of cards.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:19 am

Next week's offer is $20 Staples rebate on $300 Amex GC. Good thing I have a home insurance to pay where I can use those Amex GC.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:01 am

If I did two rebates on the same transaction at Staples (echo and the amex) and it gave me the same rebate # to enter in online, I take it I only need to submit it once and it will generate both rebates?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.