Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
This is the master thread for all VGC and MCGC sold at Staples.
The previous discussion can be found here.

The VGCs sold at Staples are issued by Metabank and serviced by Blackhawk Network.
The activation code for online purchase comes with the card. Cards purchased at store are activated at check-out.
To activate cards over the phone (without activation codes), call (877) 426-2551 to talk to a rep.
To activate cards over the web, www.giftcardkey.com.
The default PIN number is the last four digits of the card number but can be changed online.

As of 5/12/2014, all known portals are dead.

Earn 5x points with Chase Ink, or Simply Cash for 5% cash back
Buy Visa gift cards (Metabank) at Staples ($200 for $7.95) or the website ($300 for $8.95).

2k Limit per transaction / 10k per day for online. In-store is usually 2k but YMMV
Often times, there are promotions with no or reduced activation fees
Print Wikipost

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
You are going to need something considerably stronger than caffeine to get all of this misinformation straightened out. The Ink Business Cash card does indeed offer 5X bonus points for office supply store purchases.
Agree, but are they UR points? Chase has raised a lot of questions with their language, and I haven't seen where anyone has made it crystal clear. I have some friends that are holding back on signing up for this card. Maybe I need to call Chase myself for that dose of java.
Old May 20, 2017, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by rxgeek
Agree, but are they UR points? Chase has raised a lot of questions with their language, and I haven't seen where anyone has made it crystal clear. I have some friends that are holding back on signing up for this card. Maybe I need to call Chase myself for that dose of java.
If only there was some way for you to search the Internet to get the answers to your nagging questions, so you could finally stop posting misinformation on this thread.

Oh wait, there's Google:

https://upgradedpoints.com/how-to-ea...ewards-points/
Old May 20, 2017, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I chalk those up to "out of the ordinary request that normal customers don't ask for," in the spirit of nwflyboy's post. For a $3-4 gift card, can't you just drain it when you're buying groceries? At the grocery store, they actually know how to drain small denomination gift cards and it's not an odd request. With the volume of grocery stores and cashiers available at grocery stores, you can do this and nobody will bat an eye. Compare that to your one or two nearby Staples stores, with one or two managers and limited number of cashiers, to whom you most likely already stand out. I don't like to do anything that calls MORE attention to my transactions.
You can't use Staples GCs at the grocery stores
Old May 20, 2017, 9:22 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Zgirl
You can't use Staples GCs at the grocery stores
My bad... Missed the STAPLES gc part...
Old May 21, 2017, 12:25 pm

the rebate receipt printed for 2 of my purchases, but usually, the rebate ID is right underneath the barcode, all barcodes (original receipt, rebate form & rebate receipt) don't have the number underneath the barcodes.
Old May 21, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Agree, but are they UR points? Chase has raised a lot of questions with their language, and I haven't seen where anyone has made it crystal clear..
"Hi. I know that a crapton of people here know the answer to this question because they have the card, but I'm going to doubt them, anyway. I mean, there's all of these alternative facts out there."
Old May 21, 2017, 2:48 pm

Still don't show the rebates from two weeks ago as "sent." A couple of mine today are already "Validation complete."
Old May 21, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Originally Posted by lumangoy
the rebate receipt printed for 2 of my purchases, but usually, the rebate ID is right underneath the barcode, all barcodes (original receipt, rebate form & rebate receipt) don't have the number underneath the barcodes.
i am on the same boat. Should we mail it in then? Is there anyway we can submit it online?
Old May 21, 2017, 7:11 pm

My receipt does not display the numbers either, but scanning the barcode provides the numbers needed for the online rebate. Get an app that reads the barcode. Its will display the numbers needed for the online rebate.
Old May 21, 2017, 7:34 pm

Had the same issue. But called local Staples to get the rebate order ID. It's a 17-digit. Actually you can generate that rebate order ID by yourself. You just need find the information at the top of the receipt.

store ID : 4 digits
date : MMDDYY, 6 digits
transaction ID: 5 digits
POS ID: 2 digits

It shows all these information after "SALE", which is just under the phone number of your local Staple store.
Here is an example,
SALE 1111111 2 003 44444
5555 06/18/17 9:00

Your rebate order ID should be
5555 061817 44444 03

It looks their pos system had a bug after recent update.

Last edited by bulletin2007; May 21, 2017 at 7:42 pm
Old May 21, 2017, 7:38 pm

By the way, if you request and receive the email receipt, the rebate order ID should be included in the email receipt.

Originally Posted by bulletin2007
Had the same issue. But called local Staples to get the rebate order ID. It's a 17-digit. Actually you can generate that rebate order ID by yourself. You just need find the information at the top of the receipt.

It shows all these information after "SALE", which is just under the phone number of your local Staple store.
Here is an example,
SALE 1111111 2 003 44444
Your Sales Associate was:
John D

So, your rebate order ID should be

Old May 21, 2017, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by bulletin2007

Here is an example,
SALE 1111111 2 003 44444

Your rebate order ID should be

yup figured it out after I was able to read 1 of my 2 receipts with a barcode reader. It helps that it was a bavk to back transaction so only 1 digit was different.
Old May 21, 2017, 7:53 pm

Which barcode reader you're using?
yup figured it out after I was able to read 1 of my 2 receipts with a barcode reader. It helps that it was a bavk to back transaction so only 1 digit was different.
Old May 21, 2017, 9:08 pm

can anyone submit the staples rebate online for today's purchase? I got "sorry you dont seem to be eligible for any rebate!" even I have 2 rebate form printed fine (with barcode). I did double check with the rebate ID twice.. Weird..
Old May 21, 2017, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by susieling
can anyone submit the staples rebate online for today's purchase? I got "sorry you dont seem to be eligible for any rebate!" even I have 2 rebate form printed fine (with barcode). I did double check with the rebate ID twice.. Weird..
Worked for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.