FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1820917-visa-mastercard-gift-cards-staples-2017-onwards.html)

st0ne Mar 23, 2017 5:55 pm

I think there is a sync issues between stpales.com and gcm, the preauthorization hold from staples.com on my five back vgc dropped and balance reverted to initial, also I already received my $300 vgc mailer. what if I used up balance at this time? will staples file a collection on me when it failed to charged my fb later?

oopl Mar 23, 2017 5:57 pm

As you've noticed sometimes there is a delay but you will be charged.

Happy Mar 23, 2017 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by st0ne (Post 28078548)
I think there is a sync issues between stpales.com and gcm, the preauthorization hold from staples.com on my five back vgc dropped and balance reverted to initial, also I already received my $300 vgc mailer. what if I used up balance at this time? will staples file a collection on me when it failed to charged my fb later?

Since you have such thought, why not try it out and let us know?

st0ne Mar 23, 2017 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by oopl (Post 28078550)
As you've noticed sometimes there is a delay but you will be charged.

so what if I empty the vgc in this gap? as I already received my VGCs and don't think they can take it back.

st0ne Mar 23, 2017 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 28078555)
Since you have such thought, why not try it out and let us know?

sounds a little bit of dangerous, lol

Happy Mar 23, 2017 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by st0ne (Post 28078566)

if so, why you are so eager wanting to know what might happen, if you would not try it out?

bar19900 Mar 23, 2017 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by st0ne (Post 28078566)

Originally Posted by st0ne (Post 28078559)
so what if I empty the vgc in this gap? as I already received my VGCs and don't think they can take it back.

You're not the only one in this situation, and its not the first time its happened. Is it really a road you want to go down....

rxgeek Mar 23, 2017 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 28054264)
if you were buying MO, IME this morning it remains at 4 swipes of gebit plus cash for the fee. Since there's two of you who reported this, there is a possibility it's a new policy implemented in certain regions for now. It might help if you post your city/state this is happening.

if you're talking about loading of ANY prepaid, swiping the card to be loaded is counted as one swipe so you're left with just three swipes max.

The store I frequent that has a 3 swipe max is in a Columbus, OH suburb.

ChrisFlyer66 Mar 24, 2017 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by st0ne (Post 28078559)

I also have staples VGC and the five-back cards used to buy them have not been charged. Nothing would stop me from draining them all buying MO tonight. I'm not going to do that, but I am a bit curious about what would happen.

xlax Mar 25, 2017 9:01 am

Has anyone been able to buy $300 cards in the last two weeks?

ChrisFlyer66 Mar 25, 2017 9:32 am

Originally Posted by xlax (Post 28084829)
Has anyone been able to buy $300 cards in the last two weeks?

Yes I have. Every few days I see them in stock and I've bought some. They seem to go out of stock again within a few hours.

bar19900 Mar 25, 2017 9:54 am

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66 (Post 28084918)
Yes I have. Every few days I see them in stock and I've bought some. They seem to go out of stock again within a few hours.

the window seems to be shorter and shorter each time.....almost seems like some automation is occuring

ChrisFlyer66 Mar 25, 2017 6:59 pm

daily limit?

I see a note on staples website saying you cannot buy more than $2000 of gift cards in one order. But do they let you place multiple orders in one day that total more than $2000?

t325 Mar 25, 2017 9:18 pm

I ordered 6x$300 last night. First time ordering anything from Staples. Sometime in the middle of the night, they actually tried to authorize my Chase Ink card, and Chase fraud prevention kicked in. I woke up to the fraud alert text, replied that I made the purchase, and called Staples so they could reprocess the payment. Everything was good.

I just checked the order status tonight, and it says Canceled, and I haven't received any sort of communicaton from Staples indicating why. I figure I'll call tomorrow, but would anyone have any insight into this? Is this a common issue? Thanks!

12HRS Mar 25, 2017 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66 (Post 28086571)
I see a note on staples website saying you cannot buy more than $2000 of gift cards in one order. But do they let you place multiple orders in one day that total more than $2000?

yes. although they may call you to verify