Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ValueAdd82
This is the thread about the Five Back Visa card for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simon sells $500 5back metabank vgc. Read the Simon thread for more details. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1812413-simon-mall-gift-cards-2017-a.html

Simon- Check balance: https://www.simon.com/giftcard/card_balance.aspx
FB - Check balance: https://www.fivebackgift.com/

Best Participating Stores: See the participating list for more stores
CVS - No longer working
Kmart - No longer working
Staples & Staples.com - No longer working
Lowes - Limited to buying $200 cards - more fees to pay and more to liquidate

CVS exit rumors appear: 1/9/17
CVS removed from program 1/20/17
KMart exit rumors appear: 2/2/17
KMart removed from program 2/7/17
Staples exit rumors appear: 4/26/17
Staples removed from program: 4/30/17
Lowes exit rumors appear: 5/11/17
Print Wikipost

Five Back Visa Card(2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 12:00 pm

Yup after I saw that ValueAdd82 posted that Lowe's was leaving the program, I went straight to Lowe's to finish out some FBs. Got my Cashback this morning.

It was a great run! From CVS to Staples to Lowe's, it was a definitely nice!
Old May 12, 2017, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by alphakenny1
Yup after I saw that ValueAdd82 posted that Lowe's was leaving the program, I went straight to Lowe's to finish out some FBs. Got my Cashback this morning.

It was a great run! From CVS to Staples to Lowe's, it was a definitely nice!
Don't forget K. I still have 25's I haven't cashed out yet.
Old May 13, 2017, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by FrankMS
Don't forget K. I still have 25's I haven't cashed out yet.
I can do you one better. I'm still cashing out cvs. People find loose change around their house, I find neglected cvs 5backs.
Old May 13, 2017, 7:40 pm

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours at Lowe's converting stacks and stacks of FBs to Amazon GC. Some of them were as old as 2016! I was lazy about cashing in all those $25s and certainly wasn't going to bother getting small MOs with them. And sure enough, the $1.25 was loaded to all of them already. Next step is using at the local supermarket to drain them once and for all. It's the end of a good run. ^

Another interesting thing. While I was there, another guy came in with a stack of FBs, but his were all $1.25 or so, and he was converting them to Amazon GC. Hardcore! Getting that last 6 cents of 5% back.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:47 pm

Lowe's is still the participating merchant.
Old May 13, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by livelovelaugh00
Lowe's is still the participating merchant.
I went to Simon yesterday. The CSR showed me the new Simon email and Lowes as well as the other merchants mentioned above had been removed from their site of participating sites. I had her make me a copy.

There is no doubt they are gone. Given the prior FB history, the ax will fall Monday when the normal M-F 9-5 workers show up.
Old May 13, 2017, 9:36 pm

My purchases from yesterday posted today, I'm hoping the $2k I bought today will post tomorrow.
Old May 14, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by markr33
Yesterday I spent a couple of hours at Lowe's converting stacks and stacks of FBs to Amazon GC. Some of them were as old as 2016! I was lazy about cashing in all those $25s and certainly wasn't going to bother getting small MOs with them. And sure enough, the $1.25 was loaded to all of them already. Next step is using at the local supermarket to drain them once and for all. It's the end of a good run. ^

Another interesting thing. While I was there, another guy came in with a stack of FBs, but his were all $1.25 or so, and he was converting them to Amazon GC. Hardcore! Getting that last 6 cents of 5% back.
May I ask
Why Amazon GCs? Are they any more useful that another GC other than the fact that you may use Amazon on a very routine basis? IOWs, is there something "special" about these cards?
Old May 14, 2017, 7:47 am

Yesterday's purchase tracked today.
Old May 14, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
May I ask
Why Amazon GCs? Are they any more useful that another GC other than the fact that you may use Amazon on a very routine basis? IOWs, is there something "special" about these cards?
More flexibility including buying other GC with amazon GC. I also mix them with eBay, Shell GCs at Lowes.
Old May 14, 2017, 11:33 am

Used 6 $500 Simon FBs at Lowes on 5/12 and all but 1 had the promotional load added on 5/13. Glad to sneak in another last run before the axe fell.
Old May 15, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
May I ask
Nothing special about them, just that I consider Amazon GC credit to be the closest thing to cash (when compared to GC of other merchants). Normally I would also consider gasoline GC to be equivalent to cash, but since I can get those at a discount, Amazon GC wins (for a cash-on-cash transaction).
Old May 15, 2017, 1:06 pm

Angry

Originally Posted by markr33

and here in socal my lowe's refused to accept GC payment for amazon GC, "you cant buy GC with GC"
Old May 16, 2017, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by rg84
and here in socal my lowe's refused to accept GC payment for amazon GC, "you cant buy GC with GC"
Yeah, that's often a problem. When you have $500 on VGC, it's just a debit card, you swipe, enter PIN, and purchase your Amazon GC easily, it appears to be a regular debit card transaction. But when you need to go through 8 different cards at $25 each for a $200 Amazon GC, then it doesn't look like a regular debit card anymore.
Old May 16, 2017, 8:05 pm

Yesterday's Lowes purchases credited today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.