Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ValueAdd82
This is the thread about the Five Back Visa card for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simon sells $500 5back metabank vgc. Read the Simon thread for more details. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1812413-simon-mall-gift-cards-2017-a.html

Simon- Check balance: https://www.simon.com/giftcard/card_balance.aspx
FB - Check balance: https://www.fivebackgift.com/

Best Participating Stores: See the participating list for more stores
CVS - No longer working
Kmart - No longer working
Staples & Staples.com - No longer working
Lowes - Limited to buying $200 cards - more fees to pay and more to liquidate

CVS exit rumors appear: 1/9/17
CVS removed from program 1/20/17
KMart exit rumors appear: 2/2/17
KMart removed from program 2/7/17
Staples exit rumors appear: 4/26/17
Staples removed from program: 4/30/17
Lowes exit rumors appear: 5/11/17
Print Wikipost

Five Back Visa Card(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
You should read back a bit further. That was not a response to using the cards after they were reloaded. That was where I used them immediately after purchase at Simon which was what was being asked. Please though, do show me where I specifically said I USED THE CARDS AFTER THEY WERE RELOADED. Read posts 1059 and 1060 and you'll see that I said I used them before the Blackhawks reloads took place. Post 1048 shows that I didn't even know the cards had been reloaded until 03/29.

What is it with some of you and your moral high horse mentality? On a forum like this of all place. The hypocrisy is amazing.
Hmm. I think there's a difference between using a system that is legal to our advantage vs fraud.

I don't see how it is different from knowingly using a fake/stolen credit card, getting the items that you want and then the merchant not getting paid for it. I guess if you want to cross that line and equate it with manufacturing spending, then go ahead.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
​​​​​​
4. While checking to see if advertised promotional loads were loaded to cards, the only website to check the card balances, who's information is provided by the card issuer, shows that the cards have a $500 balance on them and NO HISTORY OF BRING USED.
You or the person you gave the giftcard to was checking to see if the "advertised promotional loads were loaded to cards", so you know you used the cards. Oh no, maybe you were just checking the balance to see if you used the card. Spin it how every you want.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
Or unless Staples decides to involve authorities and they trace the 5B cards' nrs/info back to you after getting relevant info from Simon/wherever you purchased the 5B cards.
Not planning on committing fraud and draining these cards... I am just annoyed that I have thousands of dollars in VGC's that have already been liquidated but the balance still sits there in full. Like Blackhawk is taunting us to commit fraud so that they can root us out and drop the hammer on all of us. lol.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by DrunkAmexChick
Not planning on committing fraud and draining these cards... I am just annoyed that I have thousands of dollars in VGC's that have already been liquidated but the balance still sits there in full. Like Blackhawk is taunting us to commit fraud so that they can root us out and drop the hammer on all of us. lol.
Its not blackhawk its staples. same thing happens with ink
Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:37 pm

bottomline for those who are contemplating to use the funds that have already been paid to staples.com is they have to be well aware of consequences and be prepared to face them. best not to think that they can't be traced because it's obvious they can be traced but of course, each individual will, and can find explanations to justify their action especially if they've already spent the funds pending online at a b&m store. MSers may think of buying MOs with what they think is 'free money' but they alone will reap the rewards if they get away with hit; BUT if Murphy latches on their backs, LEO will be knocking at their door. Whether or not they are arrested and indicted is another story but needless to say, it is going to be a huge inconvinience to explain what happened and if LEO will believe the story. If not, they may have to hire legal counsel and all the 'free money' they got may not even be enough to pay the attorney.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:58 pm

Another data point:

Went to buy some jerseys and was supposed to be charged $190 on $200 MC from Staples.

Went to Dillard's and wanted to drain the remaining balance but instead of $10 $75 was applied toward my purchase (the whole amount).

7 days later my first purchase posted (never showed pending status) and the card has a negative $65 balance now.

I registered the card (bad fraud memories) so we will see what happens next.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by touristtrap
Another data point:

Went to buy some jerseys and was supposed to be charged $190 on $200 MC from Staples.

Went to Dillard's and wanted to drain the remaining balance but instead of $10 $75 was applied toward my purchase (the whole amount).

7 days later my first purchase posted (never showed pending status) and the card has a negative $65 balance now.

I registered the card (bad fraud memories) so we will see what happens next.
I legitimately did this as well on one card for $110. I also see where the transactions disappear and then come back. I keep pretty good records and thought there was money on there. Not sure what to do about it, I'll just leave it alone unless they contact me.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by dogbyte
Hmm. I think there's a difference between using a system that is legal to our advantage vs fraud.

I don't see how it is different from knowingly using a fake/stolen credit card, getting the items that you want and then the merchant not getting paid for it. I guess if you want to cross that line and equate it with manufacturing spending, then go ahead.
Most likely for higher amounts they can hire a fraud agency to trace the individual but for lower amounts they will probably let it go.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:57 pm

Unhappy

This could be the end of using a dc or cc to buy a gc at office supply stores. They might move to cash only after they figure out what some people are doing.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:09 pm

"bonus" CBs posted again!

for those who bought their FBs at Lowes and didn't get their CBs automatically the next day, did ya'll find an add'l $10 like the "glitch" in December? check each card and see if you were in santa's list ; )
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by touristtrap
Strange thing happened today.
My $200 pending charge at Lowe's for Amazon GC (already redeemed) dropped off my FB card. It was pending till today and now the card is showing $200 available balance.

Has anyone else had it happen?
Epilog:

After pending status, disappearing balance for 4-5 days my both FB cards showing $10 balance since yesterday.

It took 9 days since the initial purchase to get it right.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
Originally Posted by Mamibear
be well aware of consequences and be prepared to face them...

...MSers may think of buying MOs with what they think is 'free money' but they alone will reap the rewards if they get away with hit; BUT if Murphy latches on their backs, LEO will be knocking at their door. Whether or not they are arrested and indicted is another story but needless to say, it is going to be a huge inconvinience to explain what happened and if LEO will believe the story. If not, they may have to hire legal counsel and all the 'free money' they got may not even be enough to pay the attorney.

Originally Posted by Mamibear
for those who bought their FBs at Lowes and didn't get their CBs automatically the next day, did ya'll find an add'l $10 like the "glitch" in December? check each card and see if you were in santa's list ; )
Ummmmmm so is it a lucky glitch or theft?

If it is a glitch, but you know it is a glitch, is it still a glitch?!
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by perkunas
Ummmmmm so is it a lucky glitch or theft?

If it is a glitch, but you know it is a glitch, is it still a glitch?!
very good question. the bonus is still on the card(s) in case they want them back.

back in December, I can say they posted a bonus on my cards for FBs I bought at GCM; they didn't claw it back and if they wanted to, they could've done so.

for those who got bonuses, will you report to them to take it back?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:57 am

so my old 5 backs finally were posted to my account and my promotional returns are now there
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:10 pm

Is the 5B website working for anyone? I tried to check balance/ register card, but keeps saying call customer care.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.