Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

Successful Credit Cards Used (Posted as Purchase)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Amex Open SPG Business
AMEX SPG (non-business)
AMEX Delta business
AMEX business platinum and business gold (Canadian)
BofA - Virgin Atlantic MC
BofA - Amtrak World MC
Barclaycard Aviator Red/Silver MC
Barclaycard Arrival World MC
Chase Ink Cash Visa
Chase Ink Plus Visa
Chase Hyatt Visa (x2)
Chase BA Visa
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United MileagePlus Club
Chase Sapphire Preferred (should give 2x, similar to CSR -- probably expired as of 6/5/17)
Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x, coded as travel -- this appears to have expired as of 6/5/17)
Citi Prestige MC
Citi Premier MC
Citi AT&T Access More MC (3x for rent category, misc. government services)
Citi AA Platinum MC
FIA Fidelity Mastercard
US Bank Altitude Reserve Visa

Successful Payees:
AAA (Socal, Santa Ana) insurance: Electronic payment: Processed 5/21 (Sunday), Complete 5/23, Arrived-Posted 5/26
ACS: took about 2 weeks to post
BMW Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/19
Caliber Home Loans: Processed 12/09, Sent 12/11, Arrived-Posted 12/18
Cedent mortgage
Chase Mortgage (sends check): 2 week turnaround
Citi Mortgage: Electronic - less than 1 week turnaround as of May 2017
Citizen's Auto Finance - Around 1 week.
CRA Personal Tax & GST/HST remittances
Firstmark Services (student loan, electronically remitted)
Fidelity Bank (Mortgage) https://www.fidelitybank.com/ks/Home.aspx
Flagstar Bank (Mortgage), electronic payment, posts in 2-3 days.
George Mason University: Over a week and a half.
Infiniti Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/21
Lexus Financial. Processed 3/9/16, Posted 3/14/19
Morgan Stanley Home Loans: Processed 01/14, Sent 01/15, Arrived-Posted 01/21
NA Shade & Associates LLC
National Grid Electric MA: 1 week turnaround
National Grid Gas MA: 3 week turnaround, sends physical check
Nationstar Mortgage, electionic payment, post in 2-3 days.
New York Community Bank (NYCB) Mortgage: check mailed by Plastiq 4/27, posted 5/1.
"NJ City" Tax: Processed 01/21, Sent 01/22, Arrived-Posted 02/01
Penfed Mortgage: 1 week turnaround
PennyMac Mortgage: 1-1.5wk turnaround
TCF Mortgage: 1.5 week turnaround
TD Bank Mortgage (EFT)
Wawanesa USA Insurance
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 10/8, Sent 10/9, Arrived-Posted 10/16
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 8/6, Sent 8/9, Posted 8/16

Restrictions
New VISA payments are not being accepted for mortgages.
Print Wikipost

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by bta15
Plastiq currently has a promotion for 0% fee on Mastercard on first two mortgage payments if you schedule 6 payments by 3/31/17. But the promotion has this wording:

*Cancellation of a promotion-qualifying schedule will result in a charge of the waived fee amount. This promotion is limited to select accounts.

So, the way I read this is if I schedule 6, only let the first 2 payments go through for 0% fee, then cancel the remaining 4, that Plastiq will bill me the fee for the first two promotional payments?

In past promotions I have cancelled after the first two reduced cost payments and nothing happened, but I don't remember this t&c language.

Any advice?
What are you asking for advice about? We haven't gotten far enough into the promotion for anyone to know if they enforce that language, but I think you should assume they will, since it's explicitly stated.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Originally Posted by chrisremo
What are you asking for advice about? We haven't gotten far enough into the promotion for anyone to know if they enforce that language, but I think you should assume they will, since it's explicitly stated.
I was hoping someone had previous experience with this type of offer. It now a moot point cuz I can't even get the $0 fee to show up for the first two payments now.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:46 pm

Anyone know if Plastiq will have any promotions for AmEx?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by brdweb
I used my Amex Biz Plat for my mortgage the past 3 months to meet minimum spend with no issue. Mortgage was with Wells Fargo. I was lucky that I had a targeted 150k pts for $20k spend offer.
I tried paying a Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, but the only options that Plastiq gives are:
  1. Wells Fargo
  2. Wells Fargo Flatiron Capital
  3. Wells Fargo Auto

Do I select option 1 and enter the address (PO Box) that's listed on the monthly statement? The fact that the payee is not "Wells Fargo Home Mortgage" concerns me.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by nomorecoach
I tried paying a Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, but the only options that Plastiq gives are:
  1. Wells Fargo
  3. Wells Fargo Auto
Do I select option 1 and enter the address (PO Box) that's listed on the monthly statement? The fact that the payee is not "Wells Fargo Home Mortgage" concerns me.
Try it and send a test payment of $20 or something. See if it works. Worst case you float the $20 until you figure out where it ended up.

In the wiki it says Wells Fargo mortgage will work, so I bet that's the case.

Last edited by financialhippie; Mar 22, 2017 at 7:32 am Reason: wiki
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by financialhippie
Try it and send a test payment of $20 or something. See if it works. Worst case you float the $20 until you figure out where it ended up.

You can do as little as $1 for test case.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by nomorecoach
  1. Wells Fargo
  3. Wells Fargo Auto

"1. Wells Fargo" worked for me last month with a $1 test payment. It did take about 9 days to process.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by financialhippie

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
You can do as little as $1 for test case.
Originally Posted by Ops5
"1. Wells Fargo" worked for me last month with a $1 test payment. It did take about 9 days to process.
Thank you, everyone!

I sent $10. Let's see where it goes...
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:13 pm

Hi, I am new to this thread. I am trying to meet the min. spend for SPG Business and I just joined Plastiq to use it for paying rent. I really like the recommendation of a test payment of anywhere between $1-20. I am curious how do you check if your payment has gone through. Should I just ask the apt. manager if she received a check for a $1? I am skeptical about her reaction. Can someone please verify?

Last edited by travelis; Mar 29, 2017 at 4:14 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by travelis
Hi, I am new to this thread. I am trying to meet the min. spend for SPG Business and I just joined Plastiq to use it for paying rent. I really like the recommendation of a test payment of anywhere between $1-20. I am curious how do you check if your payment has gone through. Should I just ask the apt. manager if she received a check for a $1? I am skeptical about her reaction. Can someone please verify?
Send 10 dollars and say someone is handling your online bill pay/finances and since it is a fresh setup you are doing a test payment.

I doubt the 'office lady' is in charge and would care.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by travelis
They will show when the check was sent (In Progress) and the status changes when the check is cashed (Completed). You can see this when you go to the Manage Payments area in the website after you log in.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:58 pm

Thanks dinanm3atl and eccentricfusion for your answers!

I went ahead and sent a $10 test payment and looks like it in In Progress now.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
For those of you using plastiq to meet minimum spend, why not just use paypal to a pay a friend? Same % fee for cc's.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:23 pm

Used Plastiq to send a test payment of $25 to Marcus by Goldman Sachs to make a loan payment. Payment was recorded as being sent out on March 20th (pretty fast since I just started it on the 17th) but now March 31st, two weeks later, and the payment still hasn't posted. Not sure if it's Plastiq/the mails fault or Marcus, but 10 business days to mail and post something seems a little on the long side... really hoping it posts within a day or two, but probably will have to make sure I still pay my next monthly payment (due in 14 days) directly from my bank. Still hoping to use Plastiq to make additionally payments to help met min spend, but not sure I trust them to get a required payment paid on time...
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by acarney
Used Plastiq to send a test payment of $25 to Marcus by Goldman Sachs to make a loan payment. Payment was recorded as being sent out on March 20th (pretty fast since I just started it on the 17th) but now March 31st, two weeks later, and the payment still hasn't posted. Not sure if it's Plastiq/the mails fault or Marcus, but 10 business days to mail and post something seems a little on the long side... really hoping it posts within a day or two, but probably will have to make sure I still pay my next monthly payment (due in 14 days) directly from my bank. Still hoping to use Plastiq to make additionally payments to help met min spend, but not sure I trust them to get a required payment paid on time...
Just be patient or send it out earlier if you're worried. What's the big deal? Many datapoints here clearly showing it can take some time for payees that Plastiq has to mail a physical check to..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.