Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the 2017 Master thread for the "All Things Paypal" thread. The 2016 thread is here. The previous 2013-2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
UPDATE: Reports are that it now resets at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST)
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:1.Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
2.Go to settings (it is the gear)
3.Choose selling tools on the left
4.Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
5.On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
6.Be sure that NO is chosen
7.Save and you are done

Also - if you wait 30 minutes between purchase and loading, this usually avoids the loading error (some type of fraud control)

Activity Leading to Shutdown
- $1-2k PPMC Loads, Serve Withdrawls and some small Debit card transactions
- $4k/month PPMC loads to accounts A/B/C, let fund sit for a few days, transfer all to account D, let funds sit for a few says, ACH full $12k. Account D also used for normal (but infrequent) PP activity. Continued for about 6 months until received warning emails on all 4 accounts.

Buying/Reloading My Cash Cards
https://www.paypal-cash.com/where_to_buy.html

Stores Hard Coded Against Credit Reloads (Reusing Cards):
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Print Wikipost

All things Paypal (2017-onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2020, 2:54 pm

Could a PayPal sensei do an old man (me) a solid and answer this question:

I have a PayPal Business Debit Mastercard, on which I have activated the $15 per $1k promo reward on purchases through March 31. I have been periodically transferring cash from my linked DDA, then spending down the balance with the debit card, but bank-to-PP transfers are slow. Question: If one of my debit card purchases exceeds the PayPal balance, will the transaction automatically be funded by draw on the linked account, or will the transaction simply decline? Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by tuphat
Question: If one of my debit card purchases exceeds the PayPal balance, will the transaction automatically be funded by draw on the linked account, or will the transaction simply decline? Thanks in advance.
It was several years ago, but PayPal charged it to a linked credit card. When that didn't work, they took it from my linked bank account. PayPal seems to have little patience with negative balances unless you have set up one of their automatic loans.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 10:52 pm

Anyone have ideas for using the new PayPal Key feature? Here are a few links about it...
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/...use-it-faq4240
https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...l-master-card/

I was thinking about trying Cash App with it.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by daedge
Anyone have ideas for using the new PayPal Key feature? Here are a few links about it...
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/...use-it-faq4240
https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...l-master-card/

I was thinking about trying Cash App with it.
Doesn't work with P2P apps eg. Venmo, Cashapp, Google pay etc.

Edit: it may work but with a cash advance fee. I have my CA limit at 0 so it never went through for me
Old Oct 16, 2020, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by will_give_tp_for_miles
Doesn't work with P2P apps eg. Venmo, Cashapp, Google pay etc.

Edit: it may work but with a cash advance fee. I have my CA limit at 0 so it never went through for me
Link your CF card and max your 5% bonus for PayPal this quarter
Old Dec 3, 2020, 6:11 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Is there a list of what cards count as cash advance when attempting to do WMBP via PayPal key?
Old Dec 3, 2020, 6:39 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by msp3
Is there a list of what cards count as cash advance when attempting to do WMBP via PayPal key?
I've not seen anything here. It seems folks here are more into GC and MO, which is at least half dead now. This forum was not even active with the PPK and Plastiq.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UR, MR
Question Contesting Paypal charge made with Credit Card

I bought two $180 online courses that were useless, didn't meet what the seller was describing, and wanted to get a refund for them.

I don't want to open a Paypal case and deal with the seller as he's been difficult to deal with regarding other matters and I know it will end in arguing, etc. Also I still have one month of his forum access and it would cause issues there most likely.

Can I contest the two charges with my credit card company (Capital One)?

If so was wondering if that process would work the same one would normally contest a charge, or if they would direct me to Paypal, etc.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:39 am

Delete
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:41 am

Delete
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:41 am

Paying my partner

If I start sending my partner 1k each month for rent for the next few months to meet the minimum spend on a new card is that gonna cause any major issues with PayPal? I normally just do a free bank transfer to send them the rent money but I'm trying to get this minimum spend, but I don't want to screw up my PayPal account. I imagine my partner will take the 1k and put it into a shared bank account we pay our bills out of.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Orionox
If I start sending my partner 1k each month for rent for the next few months to meet the minimum spend on a new card is that gonna cause any major issues with PayPal? I normally just do a free bank transfer to send them the rent money but I'm trying to get this minimum spend, but I don't want to screw up my PayPal account. I imagine my partner will take the 1k and put it into a shared bank account we pay our bills out of.
Here might be a post that answers your question partially.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31480434-post69.html

I guess it just depends upon how much you value PP in your ordinary financial life
Old May 31, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UR, MR
QuestionAny ways to bill myself (Paypal) without it being reported to IRS?

To reach the high spend requirements, I would use two Paypal accounts, and send myself a bill from one account to another, and pay it with the credit card.

There would be a small fee, but if I had $2k or something left, I would send myself a few invoices to cover that spend.

However now that Paypal has to report annual revenue over $600 to the IRS, and I need to cover about $5,000 in spending, I don't want to get a bill from the IRS down the road saying I owe $xxx.xx off of that $5k.

Any other ways I can "bill" myself, or somehow transfer funds to myself using that credit card?

Thank you for any insight.

(Note: I'm a US citizen, but live in Mexico, so not sure if the loading of cards to manufactured spend would work here).
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
I stumbled across an old PayPal MyCash card and it appears that a group of scammers now owns the old PP MyCash number (1-855-721-5035)
Old Aug 23, 2022, 4:53 pm

I signed up for the 6 months for 9.99 for UIbereats/UberOne by paying with paypal. How do I change the credit card associated inside Paypal for the continuing charges I make within Uber. I didn't see a way inside of the Uber/Ubereats app to do so nor did I see anything inside Paypal? The payment method inside Uber for paypal couldn't be edited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.