Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachfan
This is the thread for 2017.

NOTE NATIONWIDE VISA BUXX PROGRAM EXPIRES SOON - LAST FUNDING 1/31, must close out shortly thereafter (2/28). Spelled out on the home page

The thread for 2016 is here: Visa Buxx(2016)
The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx
Stopped taking applications August 24, 2016.

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( PROMO CODE NOT WORKING)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $200
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000

From Jan. 11, the maximum reload value will be $200 per week.
and the maximum initial load is $100.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

Visa Buxx(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:35 pm

Was hoping they'd change the ATM rolling 7 day, since I'll be gone a few weeks in Feb.
I used buxx to fund 400 of my spend on Citi Hilton card and still got the points.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:40 am

adios my orange friends. Had a final scheduled load for Feb 1 on one card that went through! Manual load does not. I will miss you, and carrying around fat rolls of 20s fresh from the atm
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: MR, UR, UA
Originally Posted by jeffersun
adios my orange friends. Had a final scheduled load for Feb 1 on one card that went through! Manual load does not. I will miss you, and carrying around fat rolls of 20s fresh from the atm
Hear hear. Time to brave the MS wastelands of 2017 and beyond..
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
My only regret on Buxx was sticking to one teen account. Was always afraid of account shutdown on either the Buxx side or credit card side (I used it with Chase Hyatt)

But, it did what I needed it to do. Last year it helped me earn extra stays on Hyatt due to 20k spend (when I mixed it in with general Hyatt spending pre CSR) and before that it helped with credit card mins. But now, I think about all those wasted points I just left there.

As a person who came into MS due to redbird and vanilla reloads, Buxx was a GREAT MS Vehicle in NYC once Redbird died. Had a 7-11 with an Allpoint ATM one block away and a bank to deposit the 20s post 7-11 close by. With scheduled loads, it was easy MS and I enjoyed using Buxx money as spending money instead of withdrawing from my ATM on my real bank.

Thanks for the memories Buxx and here's to venturing to the 2017 MS wasteland. My only lucky factor is I have a ton of reimbursable expenses for work (client dinners, paying for trains/taxis) and the amount has greatly increased in past 1.5 years, to the point it has reached 2015 MS levels - so I can still use it for credit card spending thresholds (delta amex reserve) and for maximizing the CSR
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
How do you tell if your account becomes locked and 'under review'?
Can't add funds, any transactions declined, and when you log in it tells you your account is 'under review' and to call in.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA
Tried Allpoint ATM withdrawals with three Buxx cards tonight and all three were declined. I was under the impression we could still withdraw until the cutoff.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:02 am

I had no problem withdrawing yesterday at 16:00 PST. Make sure it's been a week since your last ATM withdrawal.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Well they started closing out the accounts a bit early (last attempted payment to Citi declined). Called CS and they actually told me "it's already March 1 in parts of the world". Technically true...just not anywhere close to or in the US.

The silver lining of the call was that on request they will send a check instead of refunding the primary CC, so at least those miles hopefully won't go to waste.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: MR, UR, UA
Originally Posted by paranoiatx
Well they started closing out the accounts a bit early (last attempted payment to Citi declined). Called CS and they actually told me "it's already March 1 in parts of the world". Technically true...just not anywhere close to or in the US.

The silver lining of the call was that on request they will send a check instead of refunding the primary CC, so at least those miles hopefully won't go to waste.
Thanks for the DP. I switched my primary CC to my debit card after my final loads were done. Deliberately left $200 on one of the cards to see if it would show up on my checking account
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I cannot load my TD Buxx cards for the last three days. I've been doing it for years without a problem; the last successful load was last week. But now I always get an error message. Has anything changed lately?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by grrizzli
I cannot load my TD Buxx cards for the last three days. I've been doing it for years without a problem; the last successful load was last week. But now I always get an error message. Has anything changed lately?
I thought these were shut down years ago?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ChuckMango
I thought these were shut down years ago?
The TD version is still alive. Or at least it was a week ago. But you could only load with TD credit cards. As for now, I keep getting this error message:

"Your funding request cannot be completed as requested. Please try a different request or try again at a later date."
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: AA, BA, HH
You can no longer fund with a TD credit card. You can still fund with a TD checking account or TD debit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.