FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amex Serve master thread (2017-2023) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1812972-amex-serve-master-thread-2017-2023-a.html)

signofthefourwinds Jan 1, 2017 4:24 am

Amex Serve master thread (2017-2023)

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 27686172)
For those having problems loading their cards getting a message Invalid Merchant, do NOT rely on ax CS for assistance. Doing a test load online is more reliable than calling a CSR to find out if your account is still active. If you attempt an online load and get the message that you can't load anymore, it means game over with or without an official email telling you about it.

It is so crazy that the CSRs don't know and can't explain this. I also spent (wasted) 30 minutes on the phone with multiple CSRs, who still didn't have an explanation for me. They said that my account looked fine multiple times. How is it possible that there isn't a flag or something similar to inform them that my account isn't "fine." Very frustrating - and a time an money waste for AmEx.

signofthefourwinds Jan 1, 2017 4:25 am

Originally Posted by markr33 (Post 27686407)
Check your junk mail folder, it's probably there.

I checked my junk folder and didn't find a message.

Is the wait time to open a new account still 30 days?

Mamibear Jan 1, 2017 6:19 am

Originally Posted by signofthefourwinds (Post 27687467)

Is the wait time to open a new account still 30 days?

If you've been shut down, they'll likely ban your SSN, home Addy and other info. Even if you wait 30 days, they'll likely reject your application. I said likely because they may allow registration again of those they banned for 'unusual activities'. Read the archives on serve/bb what others did to go around the ban.

anagoree Jan 1, 2017 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 27687762)
If you've been shut down, they'll likely ban your SSN, home Addy and other info. Even if you wait 30 days, they'll likely reject your application. I said likely because they may allow registration again of those they banned for 'unusual activities'. Read the archives on serve/bb what others did to go around the ban.

Interesting.... I was not aware of any method to "go around the ban"
Please share hinds or links if we find any.

Mamibear Jan 1, 2017 7:25 am

the one that has worked for me is registration of friends and relatives' SSN who have no interest in Serve/BB. They sent me the card(s) soon as they received them.

I've read on reddit there are some who succeeded in getting un-banned and were allowed to sign up again after 1-8-16 shutdown. The first anniversary of the shutdown is coming up, maybe they'll allow registration of those they banned again? Hope springs eternal.

Gitangali Jan 2, 2017 6:45 am

Given that Serve is well aware of MS activity. Is any meaningful shuffling of money possible with serve anymore? I'm talking about at least $3-5K per month.

David_ Jan 2, 2017 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Gitangali (Post 27691816)
Given that Serve is well aware of MS activity. Is any meaningful shuffling of money possible with serve anymore? I'm talking about at least $3-5K per month.

Sure. It is much easier now that my local KATE's aren't getting hammered.

Mamibear Jan 2, 2017 8:53 am

Originally Posted by David_ (Post 27692045)

it's good to know there are still WMs with surviving Kates. I've been to different states where they've been replaced by the much slimmer ATMs, I thought that'd be completed in all regions by now.

I surely miss Kate but I've gotten used to loading with friendly cashiers by now.

fauxblogger Jan 3, 2017 3:48 pm

Another OneVIP SERVE shut down email this afternoon ("...Section 15.d of our Consumer User Agreement"). Account was 10 weeks old; $6K MS. Anybody else get hit?

sumittalwar Jan 3, 2017 5:53 pm

I just got the email too.

Had One VIP Serve for around 3 months with very minimal loading ($500-1K pm) via gift cards. Didn't expect so soon :(

Mamibear Jan 3, 2017 5:56 pm

Yikes! I dodged the shutdown on two cards, one is going to its 9th week and the other on its 5th. Soon as I saw posts on reddit, I quickly w/d remaining balance on each card and spent the few $ and cents remaining so I can close it tonight and then lay low for a week to re-register sometime later.

calwatch Jan 3, 2017 7:20 pm

Got shutdown as well. I opened this account a couple of years ago (when Redbird shut down) and did minimal MS on it, with the most I did a month $2,500 and loading $500 from NW Buxx to avoid the monthly fee in the months I didn't feel like MSing. Only bill pays and no spending on the card though. This was my last Serve out of the three I was managing but I had given up on MS through Amex prepaids anyway about nine months ago.

rocky_nnc Jan 4, 2017 7:02 am

last one i had shut down :-(
Should have worked on the points mentioned here.
closed it and reopened it

canyoncar Jan 4, 2017 7:52 am

Originally Posted by David_ (Post 27692045)

You're lucky that your Kate hasn't been fired!

dothemath Jan 4, 2017 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by sumittalwar (Post 27700282)
I just got the email too.

Had One VIP Serve for around 3 months with very minimal loading ($500-1K pm) via gift cards. Didn't expect so soon :(

Too bad. Where did you load? Can you load One VIP at Dollar General? It's not mentioned on their page like it is for the other versions of Serve.