Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Ultraboost
If you were the issuing bank, wouldn't you want to disqualify GC purchases from earning lucrative sign up offers? It's not cheap giving away 50k-100k points to a gamer who plans to close his/her card shortly after receiving the bonus. Perhaps you should think from the other side.
If I were the issuing bank I would be more with my ongoing profit on the card. What generates pump and dump gaming is lucrative SUBs on cards that aren't worth regular spending on, based on their earning and redemption possibilities.

In the case of a card like SPG where there is no category bonus.. if they are coming out with spending bonus offers they don't want you to redeem, they are doing it wrong.

I could be wrong. Maybe there are statistics that show that organic spenders are more likely to keep spending on a card they have received a bonus from. But when thinking about the SPG spending bonus offer to existing card holders I'm not sure that's the case.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Is it just for the bonuses (sign up, adding AU, extra spend, etc)?

How about regular earning?
In my case, it affected minimum spending requirement for the 50K sign up bonus on my AMEX biz gold. This is the first time I applied for this card.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Happy
How about regular earning?
Might be to soon to tell, but the way people keep saying what card they're using and the $$ amount it's only a matter of time.

And the way some bank officials go from bank to bank they'll take this with them..

Is it collusion or a coincidence that Banks A B B C C have all come up with some form of plan to thwart rewards seekers. MS will be the next target.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by mhdena
Might be to soon to tell, but the way people keep saying what card they're using and the $$ amount it's only a matter of time.

And the way some bank officials go from bank to bank they'll take this with them..

Is it collusion or a coincidence that Banks A B B C C have all come up with some form of plan to thwart rewards seekers. MS will be the next target.
Took them way too much time I almost finished with all Amex Signing Bonuses (once per product per life) and I am only missing the Amex Platinum Card, which anyway, can not be MS on if you go for the 100K

I even managed to MS the brand new BBP signing bonus
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:41 pm

Applied and got approved for an AMEX platinum card with a 75K bonus with 5k spending. First month did 1k legit spending. Second month did few purchases from Simon mall with different amounts (gc). Many days passed after completing the minimum spend but no bonus posted. Then read in some blogs that Simon mall purchases are excluded from the minimum spend. Did a legit spend for 6k ( had to pay for some insurances and taxes and they took a 3% fee for using AMEX card). Points posted within 2 days. I had many AMEX card before and this is the first time this happened. Now I am so certain that Simon purchases will NOT count towards minimum spend. This just happened this week. Good Old days of Simon !!!!!

Last edited by Sam2014; Sep 22, 2017 at 2:49 pm Reason: Fix Error
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:55 pm

I MSd the $100K plat under the rodents noses and got away with it I can safely say they probably let me get away it because I used a code from a mailer offer. NO going to SMall. I know they went postal on those who used THE leaked link.

PS: don't ask, won't give more info so the rodents don't come after me...lol
Travelz likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:35 pm

OBC

Does anyone have DP about whether it still works for the initial spend for Amex OBC?

Thanks
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by NikSem
Does anyone have DP about whether it still works for the initial spend for Amex OBC?

Thanks
I'd like to know the same. My statement cut is still a few weeks away.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: Several dozen
Take that, you dirty rat!

Given our collective awareness that there are rats in the banking world, is it time to finally set up a Rat Patrol thread? A place where we could exchange tips on protecting our cheese and publicizing what the rats have been up to? Perhaps we could follow what the rats have been doing by publicizing SFO (Serious Fraud Office) investigations and the like (hey, Barclays what were you caught doing with Qatar?). When you find rats in banking it is high time to let the cat out of the bag. Maybe we could even start an annual Ratty Award to nominate and honor the biggest banking rats of the year?

Perhaps the trophy for the Ratty Award could be called the Benny in honor of the rat in the movie Ben (1972) immortalized by a Michael Jackson song of the same name?

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I MSd the $100K plat under the rodents noses and got away with it I can safely say they probably let me get away it because I used a code from a mailer offer. NO going to SMall. I know they went postal on those who used THE leaked link.

PS: don't ask, won't give more info so the rodents don't come after me...lol
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Given our collective awareness that there are rats in the banking world, is it time to finally set up a Rat Patrol thread? A place where we could exchange tips on protecting our cheese and publicizing what the rats have been up to? Perhaps we could follow what the rats have been doing by publicizing SFO (Serious Fraud Office) investigations and the like (hey, Barclays what were you caught doing with Qatar?). When you find rats in banking it is high time to let the cat out of the bag. Maybe we could even start an annual Ratty Award to nominate and honor the biggest banking rats of the year?

Perhaps the trophy for the Ratty Award could be called the Benny in honor of the rat in the movie Ben (1972) immortalized by a Michael Jackson song of the same name?
any thread that is open for all will also be accessible to the rodents, woe is us. lol
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:48 pm

The 10k limit per day, is it per simon mall location or across the whole chain?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wildcard442
The 10k limit per day, is it per simon mall location or across the whole chain?
Across.

My local spot, I witnessed a person before me do $9500. After they left the rep got on the phone and notified the other locations in the area. Because this person had in past been known to make a circuit.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by ElPresidente
Across.

My local spot, I witnessed a person before me do $9500. After they left the rep got on the phone and notified the other locations in the area. Because this person had in past been known to make a circuit.
I thought they banned people who did that
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:31 pm

I tried to load my serve account in walmart for $500 using Simon Visa debit but the transaction failed. The money was debited in my simon gift card. Walmart CSR told me to wait for 24 hrs to see if the Visa debit card gets back the $500. I called up Simon Customer care and they say the transaction went through but walmart says no. Anybody face similar issue?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by FlyerInd2016
I tried to load my serve account in walmart for $500 using Simon Visa debit but the transaction failed. The money was debited in my simon gift card. Walmart CSR told me to wait for 24 hrs to see if the Visa debit card gets back the $500. I called up Simon Customer care and they say the transaction went through but walmart says no. Anybody face similar issue?
I experienced that recently loading GoBank. Worker called CSM so she could give me a cash refund. I was hoping maybe the funds would also magically reappear on the card, but that never happened. OTOH, I did have that happen once with WMBP and the funds did eventually appear back on my cards a few days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.