Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by bstv69
Has anyone had recent success with Simon Mall cards counting towards MQD waiver. Bought $4k worth of gift cards on the 22 and charges posted as the name of the mall but hasn't updated on deltas app yet called and the rep said that it will post once my statement closes so not sure how correct that is. Should I spend another $4k by other means or should I be good to go? Thanks
I think SM are dead for DL AX spend counting. I would look at other choices that are still working (Krger etc).
bstv69 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Renes Points
I think SM are dead for DL AX spend counting. I would look at other choices that are still working (Krger etc).
Thats a bummer, have you had any luck with Apple Pay cash or Venmo
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by bstv69
Thats a bummer, have you had any luck with Apple Pay cash or Venmo
Android user and never used Venmo. GCM and others were working before. Will be testing again after the 1st.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:24 am
soy

Programs: various
Anyone know how sensitive C1 are towards Simon MS?
Thinking of getting the Spark card and using Simon to hit the 200k bonus by doing 50k over first 6months. Will not be cycling, and will try to balance out over the full time period.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by soy
Anyone know how sensitive C1 are towards Simon MS?
Thinking of getting the Spark card and using Simon to hit the 200k bonus by doing 50k over first 6months. Will not be cycling, and will try to balance out over the full time period.
I've never pushed that volume on my Spark card via Simon, but I've done more than that in a six month period via S&S, BJs, Shaws, and WM without issue, but my card is also a few years old now and I ramped up slowly.

Last edited by Prometheus77; Dec 28, 2018 at 5:02 pm
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:19 pm

good luck with cap1.. They will shut you down for buying GC. I had 2 cap 1 accts. They dont tolerate MS in my experience. And endless FAlerts. Constantly have to call and waste 1/2 hour each time. After 3 calls I was OK..and promised each time it will be OK next time. It was not. Then had to send copy of DL/elec bill. What a scam. They only want low income folks. No MSers allowed. Also both of my sons had the Savor card for the 500.00 bonus. Same thing with them.. Finally was able to buy OV cards in BJ club w/o incident. They also closed my "biz acct" w/o warning. So if you can get buy for a few weeks redeem your awards asap. BTW my sons cancelled the savor 4% cards 1 month after getting bonus. Spent over 2 hours on FA plus had to send documentation etc. Phone calls can talk along time. Plus 3 credit pulls= no go. Plus I was an AU on both cards..after 2 months they sent letters to my sons that I can no longer use my Savor cards due to past "spending not consistent with Business spend". Again.. good luck.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I had a SC card for about a year, they did eventually shut me off but I did about $400K spend in that time. I'd rather do that than do $40K a year forever. However, I always cash out my CB quickly.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:16 pm
soy

Programs: various
Thanks for the feedback, think I will mix it up and blend in some other sources of GC's. The 200k offer is just so tempting.
Good idea to cash out as you go.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Please follow the 2019 thread on Simon Mall Gift Cards which is here.

tcook052
MS forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.