Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
YMMV, may SM will only accept physical cards, no mobile payments.
the CSR girl said s6/s7/s8 works and terminal doesn't need to support mobile pay. she would just stick her samsung phone to card reader area and it would be like swiping a card. Only samsung can do it. i wonder if my chase freedoms would still pay 5% for those "fake" swipes.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
the CSR girl said s6/s7/s8 works and terminal doesn't need to support mobile pay. she would just stick her samsung phone to card reader area and it would be like swiping a card. Only samsung can do it. i wonder if my chase freedoms would still pay 5% for those "fake" swipes.
yeah, SP is great, in most stores, they always tell me it doesn't work, even in CVS, but it does!

it should appear as a mobile payment because SP was used.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:54 am

any DP that android pay is accepted at SM & earn 5% on freedom?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
no android pay, no Apple Pay, no chase pay is accepted at SM.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by cdog999
How long did it take to get your order? Any one else using Simon online now? I seem to remember shipping difficulties but that was back when I was buying 5 backs.
I've been buying a lot through the Simon site lately. At first I had a lot of issues, but it's been going very smoothly lately. I don't recall any being denied in about a month, I'm buying 4-10 at a time. It's usually 15-60 minutes from the notification of the order until "Your order is approved," another day or two until "Your order has shipped," and 3-4 days until receipt. I tried to have them sent to a PO Box but they won't go; I'd feel a lot safer doing that since my neighborhood has individual, unlocked mailboxes, but I'm usually home when the mail comes. Shipping is 49 cents even though the postage is often more, but to me that's a steal compared to driving to the mall.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: Several dozen
Drive to the mall and shop, even if it is at the food court. Show your support for those who support MS.

Originally Posted by redtop43
I've been buying a lot through the Simon site lately. At first I had a lot of issues, but it's been going very smoothly lately. I don't recall any being denied in about a month, I'm buying 4-10 at a time. It's usually 15-60 minutes from the notification of the order until "Your order is approved," another day or two until "Your order has shipped," and 3-4 days until receipt. I tried to have them sent to a PO Box but they won't go; I'd feel a lot safer doing that since my neighborhood has individual, unlocked mailboxes, but I'm usually home when the mail comes. Shipping is 49 cents even though the postage is often more, but to me that's a steal compared to driving to the mall.
GatorSmiley and vbnet like this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by redtop43
Thanks for the information. I'm giving it a try since my Simon is so far and can't get any more CB at GC.com for the month. I'll report back with my experience.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:56 am

No problems buying $1000 at Orland mall in the Chicago suburbs.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by danhouston
why would it be accepted?!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:55 pm

On a positive Samsung Pay worked for $1500 on my chase freedom.
On a negative, 2 Simon visas gave "not authorized" at Publix for a money order. Could be a cashier issue, going to try a second store in a bit. Did I miss the news?

update: all is well this morning with Simon cards with different bin number. Heading to another to try the first set that failed yesterday.

update2: original cards worked at store 3. I'm going to call it cashier error or intentional interference last night.

Last edited by nmp0; Jan 21, 2018 at 10:01 am Reason: Update
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:55 pm

Anyone else run into an issue recently where they've started insisting on giving you the little paper card holders? The head cashier person at my Simon (Fashion Center in Arlington, VA) was recently replaced and the new one has been making everyone hand them out and are quite insistent that I take them with me even though I just throw them away immediately. She is convinced that "it's a legal requirement" and by the book Simon mall corporate policy that they have to make you take them. I am highly skeptical of the first claim and only slightly less so of the second.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nmp0
On a positive Samsung Pay worked for $1500 on my chase freedom.
On a negative, 2 Simon visas gave "not authorized" at Publix for a money order. Could be a cashier issue, going to try a second store in a bit. Did I miss the news?

update: all is well this morning with Simon cards with different bin number. Heading to another to try the first set that failed yesterday.

update2: original cards worked at store 3. I'm going to call it cashier error or intentional interference last night.
When the card was declined, how should the screen look like?

Had similar experience at a Publix last week. The first transaction went thru with split payments albeit each payment took forever to go thru. The second transaction it went all the way to No Cash Back. Then instead of Processing, the screen reverted back to the original screen before card swipe. I blurted out "What happened?" Cashier did not say card declined. She took a look and told me to do it again. Tried again, same thing happened. She asked, "Was it the same card?" Tried a different card, same thing happened. I could not determine whether it was a communication error (the first transaction took exceptionally long time to clear each card, 3 were used), or the cashier deliberately canceled the 2nd transaction. I ruled out cashier error as it was single card. The 2 cards worked just fine 30 min later at a different Publix.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by bodiddely
Anyone else run into an issue recently where they've started insisting on giving you the little paper card holders? The head cashier person at my Simon (Fashion Center in Arlington, VA) was recently replaced and the new one has been making everyone hand them out and are quite insistent that I take them with me even though I just throw them away immediately. She is convinced that "it's a legal requirement" and by the book Simon mall corporate policy that they have to make you take them. I am highly skeptical of the first claim and only slightly less so of the second.
are you serious or just .... posting?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by cashcyclone

are you serious or just .... posting?
He's serious. the policy is each gift card should be placed inside one a paper holder. It use to bother me but I just let the employee do his or her job. Some locations follow the rule some do not.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:59 am

I was more annoyed that mine did not have any in stock as I was planning on giving those $10 and $20 ones as gifts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.