Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by mann1mal
Yep, another big concern of mine as well.
Me too. I bought my first SM VGC this weekend on my Delta Biz Plat. I'm going for the $25k/10k MQM bonus. Luckily it was just one card but I would be bummed if this didn't count. Will post back in a few days with my running Delta spend total per the Delta app. Hopefully it counts.

Last edited by Euler22; Sep 10, 2017 at 3:48 pm
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mann1mal
Yep, another big concern of mine as well.
I should know a couple days after my statement closing date on the 21st, and will report a data point in then.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
This is exactly the same type of conversation I posted about last week (for amex plat bonus)..
My amex bonuses always posted within a couple days of spend (most rrecently a couple months ago with Hilton amex)..

The fact that they even have some parallel tracker that identifies gc (at least simon) even though regular spend posts as usual is rather troubling...

according to tracker I am at 4100 spend when incl. 1k smgc it should be 5100...

perhaps this will go to manual review and still get approved but either way this is a new development...
This is only an issue with purchasing SM VGC's with an Amex card, right? Are there any data points about Macerich or buying VGC's from another mall and points or sign up bonuses not posting?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jarrett
I should know a couple days after my statement closing date on the 21st, and will report a data point in then.
Sounds good. I was also instructed to wait on my statement to close on the 29th of this month, will be sure to report back.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Patience is a virtue. Also, diversify and don't burn out sources.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Sep 12, 2017 at 10:07 pm
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:06 am

oh man... thats not good.

i got $1000 at Macerich, $2500 at Simons this month. Closes on the 17th. Will report as well.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:17 am

A dp. Macerich purchased last weekend did count for my SPG spend $10k get extra 10k promo. Just got the bonus points today. Simon clearly did not when I asked about my progress last week.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by amazingjames
A dp. Macerich purchased last weekend did count for my SPG spend $10k get extra 10k promo. Just got the bonus points today. Simon clearly did not when I asked about my progress last week.
Are you sure about Simon?, my statement cut last 9/11 and i got 21K SPG points on my account (21k just in Simon), i've never try with any AM3X charge card but for others i always get the points, i would like to hear any DP on charge cards.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by elegua
Are you sure about Simon?, my statement cut last 9/11 and i got 21K SPG points on my account (21k just in Simon), i've never try with any AM3X charge card but for others i always get the points, i would like to hear any DP on charge cards.
Let me try to clarify a bit more. I got regular points for Simon spend, but Simon spend did not count towards my 10k bonus.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:47 pm

Let me try to clarify a bit more. I got regular points for Simon spend, but Simon spend did not count towards my 10k bonus.
Got it, Sorry my bad
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:29 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I had a large Macerich purchase for a Gold to Platinum upgrade. Either the bonus was not triggered by the purchase, or it's taking a very long time to post. It posted as regular spend, but the upgrade points are not posted, nor are they showing in pending. I'm doing the spend elsewhere, as the clock has nearly run out.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I had a large Macerich purchase for a Gold to Platinum upgrade. Either the bonus was not triggered by the purchase, or it's taking a very long time to post. It posted as regular spend, but the upgrade points are not posted, nor are they showing in pending. I'm doing the spend elsewhere, as the clock has nearly run out.
Did you do any MS at Simon as part of your min spend? Or was it all at Macerich? Strange because a previous DP said Macerich worked for them.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:18 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by pacoman757
Did you do any MS at Simon as part of your min spend? Or was it all at Macerich? Strange because a previous DP said Macerich worked for them.
Welcome to FT, pacoman757. I'm glad to see you're reading the thread so closely. I saw that DP also.

Short answer: Yes, Macerich. Confirmed via chat that is was not "qualified spend" when the purchase was not included in the total qualified spend amount provided by the CSR.
The previous GC spend was on a now closed statement, posted at 1x, and the charge was paid in full. No bonus points were shown as pending.

I suggest if you have Simon Mall spending, you give yourself enough leeway to make the spend organically with time to spare. Perhaps the RAT team is reviewing these manually, or the algorithms are being tuned to grab these purchases as "non-qualifying." Since we've learned of the RAT team, we must assume they are doing their job.

I don't want to drift off topic any further, so I will continue any response in the Amex forum.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Perhaps the RAT team is reviewing these manually, or the algorithms are being tuned to grab these purchases as "non-qualifying." Since we've learned of the RAT team, we must assume they are doing their job.
I may be in the minority (maybe of one) but why are so many announcing which cards they're using to buy anywhere? This is just giving the above in bold a road map where to focus their efforts. Lose lips keep sinking ships
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by mhdena
I may be in the minority (maybe of one) but why are so many announcing which cards they're using to buy anywhere? This is just giving the above in bold a road map where to focus their efforts. Lose lips keep sinking ships
Indeed. Some people think they've found a secret forum where they are among a few who can chat about these things and no one from banks will read what they say. They don't even realize who invests in this site and ones like it. Pawns we are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.