Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 21, 18, 6:59 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Travelz
Wiki Link
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.


10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 30, 18, 3:06 pm
  #811  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 429
Originally Posted by DjRocket View Post
Ugh why can't AM3X make it easy to earn free nights, I thought they were customer friendly : ) Might as well buy from giftcardmall and earn 1% back, through befrugal I suppose. Thanks for the DP.
We try to do the limits on those sites first and order/goto Simon when we need more. We have had a lots of trips, so gotta get it done somehow while we can.
Travelz is offline  
Old Jul 31, 18, 2:48 am
  #812  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,173
Originally Posted by DjRocket View Post
Same issue here. Did it eventually count for you or is it safe to say at this point Simon purchases are not tracked for the 15K free night on the AM#X HH card?
Nope, Simon purchases are still not counting towards 15K free night but they do still count towards 40K yearly Diamond spend. I haven't tried buying the cards online and really don't want to deal with online orders just for a free night.
tsmith12 is offline  
Old Aug 5, 18, 7:40 pm
  #813  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 468
Originally Posted by tsmith12 View Post
Nope, Simon purchases are still not counting towards 15K free night but they do still count towards 40K yearly Diamond spend. I haven't tried buying the cards online and really don't want to deal with online orders just for a free night.
Sign up bonuses count though right?
ChuckMango is offline  
Old Aug 6, 18, 7:51 am
  #814  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 116
Originally Posted by ChuckMango View Post
Sign up bonuses count though right?
Simon will not count for minimum spend requirements (signup bonus), but they will earn points.
asot550 is offline  
Old Aug 10, 18, 11:08 am
  #815  
Formerly known as FTRox87
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX
Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Posts: 1,428
folks, does the AMEX BBP still get 2x for SGCs? I presume everything is good towards that end but just wanted to check some of the latest data with yall.
FTR 787 is offline  
Old Aug 10, 18, 12:09 pm
  #816  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The World!!!
Programs: Some of them not all ...
Posts: 1,260
Originally Posted by FTR 787 View Post
folks, does the AMEX BBP still get 2x for SGCs? I presume everything is good towards that end but just wanted to check some of the latest data with yall.
Yes it does, as 2X is the for every merchant category until you hit $50K in calendar year. It would be that or 0X, and for me it is still 2X MRs
carlitos is offline  
Old Aug 10, 18, 12:15 pm
  #817  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 481
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Yes it does, as 2X is the for every merchant category until you hit $50K in calendar year. It would be that or 0X, and for me it is still 2X MRs
how about online purchase of Simon VGC? Thanks
liw5215 is offline  
Old Aug 11, 18, 12:56 pm
  #818  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The World!!!
Programs: Some of them not all ...
Posts: 1,260
Originally Posted by liw5215 View Post
how about online purchase of Simon VGC? Thanks
Naaa, no experience with that. I like buying my Simon VGCs at the Simon Malls and have them in hand to go liquidate at my middle of nowhere Mid West Wallys. Because I am usually on an airplane running from east to west and back (inside the USA), I do not do online purchases of VGCs. Maybe someone else can help you with this one.
carlitos is offline  
Old Aug 15, 18, 10:41 am
  #819  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; IHG Platinum; Marriott Platinum; Free agent on airlines
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Naaa, no experience with that. I like buying my Simon VGCs at the Simon Malls and have them in hand to go liquidate at my middle of nowhere Mid West Wallys. Because I am usually on an airplane running from east to west and back (inside the USA), I do not do online purchases of VGCs. Maybe someone else can help you with this one.
Originally Posted by liw5215 View Post
how about online purchase of Simon VGC? Thanks
They've worked for me.
LocoBigH is offline  
Old Aug 15, 18, 11:30 am
  #820  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 481
Originally Posted by LocoBigH View Post
They've worked for me.
Thanks for the confirmation. I did a small order and wait for the statement to close.
liw5215 is offline  
Old Aug 25, 18, 8:33 pm
  #821  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 468
Originally Posted by liw5215 View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. I did a small order and wait for the statement to close.
Dont see why online shouldnt
ChuckMango is offline  
Old Sep 9, 18, 7:01 pm
  #822  
CDO
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 354
Originally Posted by FTR 787 View Post
folks, does the AMEX BBP still get 2x for SGCs? I presume everything is good towards that end but just wanted to check some of the latest data with yall.
Yeah it does
CDO is offline  
Old Sep 12, 18, 3:25 pm
  #823  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 429
How much are the 1K vgc that business owners can buy from Simon? I thought they were $6.95 per 1K.
Travelz is offline  
Old Sep 12, 18, 7:38 pm
  #824  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 116
Originally Posted by Travelz View Post
How much are the 1K vgc that business owners can buy from Simon? I thought they were $6.95 per 1K.
Does it matter if you can't MS them?
asot550 is offline  
Old Sep 12, 18, 8:11 pm
  #825  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: BOS/PSC - bicoastal at the moment
Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Posts: 1,437
Looking to hit the Delta MQD Waiver, guessing the spend at Simon won't count. Anyone have any luck? Probably going to go with Giftcard Mall now that the portals are live.
hi55us is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: