Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MaxVO
There's also an option to reset PINs online + multiple phone numbers to do so. Some resets were successful, but others were not -- I don't know which. I agree that the issue is a major nuisance.
I have had no issue resetting PINs using the phone call tree in the last few weeks, and since I know the prompts by heart it takes me about 60 seconds or less per call. I prefer not having to fumble for the last 4 when I go to buy MOs so I set all of my VGCs to the same pin.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I have had no issue resetting PINs using the phone call tree in the last few weeks, and since I know the prompts by heart it takes me about 60 seconds or less per call. I prefer not having to fumble for the last 4 when I go to buy MOs so I set all of my VGCs to the same pin.
yes. same here. thats exactly why i do it. dont want to look suspicious. however, resetting PINs in SCAL have not worked for me for the past 2 months. few sets of 10k didnt work. total PIA to keep looking at last 4 per swipe.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:08 am

60 seconds per card or 60 seconds per 19 cards?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FrankMS
Per card. As I posted a bit higher in the thread, my Simon's daily limit is $4400, so I can't buy that many cards in one day anyway.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by FrankMS
im sure both can be true. someone has a call script.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott LT Titanium
interesting advice from SM csr on the phone.

I was resetting the pins of multiple cards today and in the last card that happens to be from an old batch (older month and year) the automatic system prompted me to press one to speak with a csr, I did and after verifying the information with her she mentioned that the system
might be updating and that I should try again using the automatic voice system or use the online system to do so, everything fine to this point but all of the sudden she says pls remember that you can not use your gc at the atm machine or to puchase MO. I thanked her
I just hang up.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by josh1573
I was resetting the pins of multiple cards today and in the last card that happens to be from an old batch (older month and year) the automatic system prompted me to press one to speak with a csr, I did and after verifying the information with her she mentioned that the system
might be updating and that I should try again using the automatic voice system or use the online system to do so, everything fine to this point but all of the sudden she says pls remember that you can not use your gc at the atm machine or to puchase MO. I thanked her
I just hang up.
It makes me wonder....recently there have been some instances where debit transaction just keep failing at WM on 3 of 4 swipes, but then works again next day. And also works at grocery store under WU. Wonder if they're messing with the system on the backend.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:29 pm

totally off topic but its somewhat loosely related to AMEX MS.

everyone knows RAT is cracking down and suppressing simon for bonuses. but anyone had issues with EDP via amazon micro loads? i ask because my 30x counter has not changed this month. down by exactly amazon loads. i didnt even look until now because i didnt think amex would hit that next. maybe its just a glitch but its been several days already. and the counter is only including legit purchases. crap. let me know if anyone sees the same issues.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Jun 28, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Possibly, Citi no longer working for Simon purchases. Declined by manager and even if swiped, declined by hard code, not by fraud block. Not sure if Simon is blocking our of Citi is.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Possibly, Citi no longer working for Simon purchases. Declined by manager and even if swiped, declined by hard code, not by fraud block. Not sure if Simon is blocking our of Citi is.
yea. ive heard that too. never tried myself and would rather not test it via a small merchant GC purchase. merchant GC and VGC should code the same at the info kiosk. meaning, if its simon blocking Citi then no Citi card would work unless its SKU specific or high dollar amount limited. i highly doubt that though. im sure its a Citi merchant ban specifically for purchases that code as simon mall offices vs individual merchants. Citi already knows this game well and people abuse their TYP retention offers which has led to shut down. so I actually stay away from all Citi MS besides 5% dividend. even then, i was still nervous back when CVS was still a cat.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by hiima
i think it is mall specific. Just bought a few $$ tonight, no problem.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by teddy25

VGC or merchant? or both?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by teddy25

Same here, no issues using Doublecash MC to buy some VGC.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Same here, no issues using Doublecash MC to buy some VGC.
Same here.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:49 pm

Used both DC and AAdvantange card yesterday without issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.