Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: Simon Malls
Originally Posted by Brazuca87
Hey everyone... As you can probably tell, I'm new around here, and was looking for some info regarding Simon Mall GC purchases... I can't seem to find anything addressing my question, even using the search.

So the thing is... There are a few "Simon Malls" around me, but most of them are huge malls... My question is... Is there a specific location/store that you need to go for the purchase of those GCs, or is it in any store within the property?

Thanks in advance!
All Simon Malls sell gift cards. GC's are sold at Guest Services Booths or at the guest services/mall office. Stop by College Mall in Bloomington, In at anytime during business hours.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by mwstahly

All Simon Malls sell gift cards. GC's are sold at Guest Services Booths or at the guest services/mall office. Stop by College Mall in Bloomington, In at anytime during business hours.
Ohhh, gotcha... Thanks for the quick response I'll give it a go at the SM closest to me this week, and see where I can find it (have never been to the two closest to me)

Edit: I'm in Florida, so that IN option might be a bit out of my way :P
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:50 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Ebates?

My Ebates app indicates a 1% rebate at Simon Mall. Any experience with buying gift cards and picking up an extra 1%.

Any problems?

Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by ingy
My Ebates app indicates a 1% rebate at Simon Mall. Any experience with buying gift cards and picking up an extra 1%.

Any problems?

Thanks
VGCs are excluded by their ToS
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I don't really understand my local Simon mall daily purchase limit. We're currently at a daily limit of $4,400. It used to be $3,000. I guess the higher one is better but it's just such a random amount, They did me a solid today by calling up to the office to get more GCs. I like the black "fashion" ones because they're least obviously gift cards, IMO, and they didn't have any so the rep called the office and got a bundle of the fashion cards. ^
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I don't really understand my local Simon mall daily purchase limit. We're currently at a daily limit of $4,400. It used to be $3,000. I guess the higher one is better but it's just such a random amount, They did me a solid today by calling up to the office to get more GCs. I like the black "fashion" ones because they're least obviously gift cards, IMO, and they didn't have any so the rep called the office and got a bundle of the fashion cards. ^
$4,400 seems very low. Simon malls in Indiana the daily limit is $10,000 including fees. Anything above $3000 CR would have to report and get managers permission.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
$4,400 seems very low. Simon malls in Indiana the daily limit is $10,000 including fees.
Yeah I don't understand it. The only Simon mall I frequent outside of home is Lenox Square in Atlanta because my grandparents live outside ATL, their limit is $10k/day too. $4400 per day just feels so...random

Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Yeah I don't understand it. The only Simon mall I frequent outside of home is Lenox Square in Atlanta because my grandparents live outside ATL, their limit is $10k/day too. $4400 per day just feels so...random

Weird. $4400 does seem to be an odd/random.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:59 am

Weird. $4400 does seem to be an odd/random.
And the AMEX load is $225 max? I figured you could buy them up to $500 like the Visas (admittedly I never tried but also seems odd).
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:01 am

Our AMEX cards also have a max load of $225.00
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat / Marriott Titanium/ Hyatt Globalist/ Delta Diamond Medallion
CITI Spending Block @ Simon Mall

Data Point - Just tried using my Citi Executive Master Card at a Simon Mall in California, card was denied. Already, had put over 30k on the card so far this year there. Called Citi and they said there is a spending block on this merchant because they have "selected not to do business with this merchant" (specific simon mall).

So frustrating.,..
Anyone else ever heard of this?!
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA, UAL
Originally Posted by j1194
CITI Spending Block @ Simon Mall

Data Point - Just tried using my Citi Executive Master Card at a Simon Mall in California, card was denied. Already, had put over 30k on the card so far this year there. Called Citi and they said there is a spending block on this merchant because they have "selected not to do business with this merchant" (specific simon mall).

So frustrating.,..
Anyone else ever heard of this?!
That block might have been for that specific Simon mall. Did you try other Simon mall(s) in the area?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat / Marriott Titanium/ Hyatt Globalist/ Delta Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by fromfall98
That block might have been for that specific Simon mall. Did you try other Simon mall(s) in the area?
Not yet, this just happened today. I am going to try 1 more but they also froze my card until I called them, the lady wasn't very friendly. I don't want Citi to cancel my account or something...!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:35 pm

i know everyone here probably dont care to reset PINs and just use the cards ASAP, but i like to double check all cards and reset the PIN just in case. for the past few months, resetting the PIN has not been working. only the last 4 of the card. anyone else notice?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
i know everyone here probably dont care to reset PINs and just use the cards ASAP, but i like to double check all cards and reset the PIN just in case. for the past few months, resetting the PIN has not been working. only the last 4 of the card. anyone else notice?
There's also an option to reset PINs online + multiple phone numbers to do so. Some resets were successful, but others were not -- I don't know which. I agree that the issue is a major nuisance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.