Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:01 am

I see my Simon purchases didn't count for the 15K Hilton free night. Does the free night counter update daily like it says? I just tried to buy some GD from WM to see if that works.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Travelz
I see my Simon purchases didn't count for the 15K Hilton free night. Does the free night counter update daily like it says? I just tried to buy some GD from WM to see if that works.
For me it updates daily.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:00 pm

I bought 3 X 5K from Simon online in January 2018 on the Hilton Ascend and it counted towards the 15K for 2 nights.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by CrimsonMoose
Does SM work for MSR of Amex cards not issued by Amex? I.e. Not Plat, BRG but rather cards like Amex Penfed Pathfinder?

Also, can someone confirm that SPG Biz MSR still can be done with SM GC?
I believe so. I just checked the bonus tracker for my WF Propel card and it shows that I completed the spending requirement (with SMGCs included). The sign-up bonus for the WF Propel card takes awhile to post, though, so I'll be waiting for several weeks to actually see the points post.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 5:05 pm

looking for some DPs here. i know everyone is probably doing huge volume on SPG before aug. wondering if anyone has heard about amex shut downs or FRs or any AAs?
DjRocket likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by unidentified
Yes they do, but be careful with AMEX. My AMEX got shut down because they suspected MS. Just stay within your credit limit, dont over pay and be able to justify the purchases if they ask and you'll be fine.
could you plz elaborate? did u just mean not getting MSR bonus or actual shut down without FR?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by unidentified
Yes they do, but be careful with AMEX. My AMEX got shut down because they suspected MS. Just stay within your credit limit, dont over pay and be able to justify the purchases if they ask and you'll be fine.
I consistently went over CL on SPG with giftcardmall, now have done 3x CL for the past couple of months with Simon in hopes to earn SPG before august. Just keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Not sure if this should be posted here or in the Citi thread. Does anybody know if Citi is OK with buying at Simon Mall to meet the minimum spend for bonuses on their cards or would they disallow it?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by cruisr
Not sure if this should be posted here or in the Citi thread. Does anybody know if Citi is OK with buying at Simon Mall to meet the minimum spend for bonuses on their cards or would they disallow it?
Yes, I never had a problem with that, including my most recent Citi card a few weeks ago.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Tectomoc
It's nice having a Simon representative here but I'd appreciate it if they were a little more helpful. Everyone here knows about how buying gift cards at Simon Malls works. We'd love to engage in a discussion with Simon about the purchases we make and why we make them. We'd love the option to buy 1k gift cards, even at increased fees. I'd buy $2,000 gift cards if I could at more than 4x the activation fee of a $500, for example. $500 gift cards are limiting not because of the fee but because the places we go have become suspicious about $500 dollar gift cards. Just being able to ask for a $1,000 MO and only pay with one gift card would enable dozens of opportunities in my area that aren't really open to me with $500 cards because of the way cashiers are trained.
It would be great if we could buy 1K giftcards. I believe business accounts have been able to buy them for a few years. What would be the hold up for consumers? I will be talking to my rep at the mall.
mwstahly likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: Simon Malls
Originally Posted by Travelz
It would be great if we could buy 1K giftcards. I believe business accounts have been able to buy them for a few years. What would be the hold up for consumers? I will be talking to my rep at the mall.
Unfortunately, the decision is well above your representative at your mall. I do not see $1k gift cards for consumers to use in the foreseeable future. If you're business has a tax identification number you can easily purchase $K gift cards.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:06 pm

from a number of DPs I've read from MSers who have a business, no problem in buying $1K VGCs, but once Simon notices that these are getting drained immediately in just one or two transactions, they shut down those accounts. For whatever reasons, IDK why they "tolerate gamers" who buy $500 VGCs for "personal use" that are drained immediately but they're very sensitive to $1K VGCs issued to corporate accounts?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
from a number of DPs I've read from MSers who have a business, no problem in buying $1K VGCs, but once Simon notices that these are getting drained immediately in just one or two transactions, they shut down those accounts. For whatever reasons, IDK why they "tolerate gamers" who buy $500 VGCs for "personal use" that are drained immediately but they're very sensitive to $1K VGCs issued to corporate accounts?
I know a few people that are using them just fine for a few years.
mwstahly likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: Simon Malls
Originally Posted by Mamibear

I completely understand. Unfortunately, gift cards are heavily regulated and everyone - including Corporate, are afraid of money laundering and general fraud.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:05 am

Hey everyone... As you can probably tell, I'm new around here, and was looking for some info regarding Simon Mall GC purchases... I can't seem to find anything addressing my question, even using the search.

So the thing is... There are a few "Simon Malls" around me, but most of them are huge malls... My question is... Is there a specific location/store that you need to go for the purchase of those GCs, or is it in any store within the property?

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.