Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: Simon Malls
Originally Posted by unidentified
does anyone know how to get a simon corporate account? I know that you must have a business but what information does simon need in order to do this? also, what are the minimum and maximum limits to how many cards can be bought at one time? and is $500 still the maximum amount that can be put onto one visa gift card or is it $1000?

Thanks in advance
The most important info you need to be considered a corporate is tax id number. After that it is smooth sailing. My mall is College Mall in Bloomington, In. Please order there, and I should be able to help you out if there are any issues/concerns.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:27 am

Does anyone do business in the Midwest? Particularly SM's in Indiana? I would love to do business with you all!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by LocoBigH
Does anybody know how long it takes for Simon to process a refund for an online order? I got an email yesterday letting me know that my order from a month ago that they've been dragging their feet on (it's been a nightmare) has been cancelled. Trying to figure out when my CL will go back to what it should be...

I couldn't find anything in the forum on this. Probably wasn't looking in the right place.
That is odd! Did you call? Usually it only takes 5-7 business days for all online orders to process/delivered.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:51 am

as to corporate accounts, business owners should be careful in loading $1K VGCs and draining them in just one or two "purchases". As soon as Simon notices this kind of activity, shut down follows.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
It's been common knowledge for awhile now that they monitor businesses/corporate accounts buying $1K VGCs pretty closely and MSing via that route leads to shut downs quickly.
Why not load $500 on each card. The extra fee is annoying but may be worth it in the long run.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by mwstahly
Why not load $500 on each card. The extra fee is annoying but may be worth it in the long run.
the ability to load $1K to VGCs for business owners who are also MSers make it very convinient to buy MOs with just one swipe. that is a common reason for people wanting corporate accounts.
mwstahly likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:46 pm

It's nice having a Simon representative here but I'd appreciate it if they were a little more helpful. Everyone here knows about how buying gift cards at Simon Malls works. We'd love to engage in a discussion with Simon about the purchases we make and why we make them. We'd love the option to buy 1k gift cards, even at increased fees. I'd buy $2,000 gift cards if I could at more than 4x the activation fee of a $500, for example. $500 gift cards are limiting not because of the fee but because the places we go have become suspicious about $500 dollar gift cards. Just being able to ask for a $1,000 MO and only pay with one gift card would enable dozens of opportunities in my area that aren't really open to me with $500 cards because of the way cashiers are trained.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; American Airlines Platinum; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mwstahly
That is odd! Did you call? Usually it only takes 5-7 business days for all online orders to process/delivered.
I did! I actually told them to send me the cards, but they just refunded.

I've now started buying tracking on my orders. Those orders seem to be a lot better for me. It's an extra 3 bucks, but, in the grand scheme of things, it's worth it...especially because of the amount of money being shipped, you know?
mwstahly likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:38 pm

Honestly, you know more about the gift card system than I'll ever understand. Slowly, I'm starting to learn how the system works and how it can benefit some one like you. As you know, gift cards are heavily regulated. Most malls are extremely worried about fraud given the training we receive. Some Malls do go overboard on how badly customers are treated. I would like to bridge that gap. I see an excellent potential for me and those who understand the gift card system.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Tectomoc
It's nice having a Simon representative here but I'd appreciate it if they were a little more helpful. Everyone here knows about how buying gift cards at Simon Malls works. We'd love to engage in a discussion with Simon about the purchases we make and why we make them. We'd love the option to buy 1k gift cards, even at increased fees. I'd buy $2,000 gift cards if I could at more than 4x the activation fee of a $500, for example. $500 gift cards are limiting not because of the fee but because the places we go have become suspicious about $500 dollar gift cards. Just being able to ask for a $1,000 MO and only pay with one gift card would enable dozens of opportunities in my area that aren't really open to me with $500 cards because of the way cashiers are trained.
This. I would pay twice the fee for a $1000 gift card and Simon would save money on plastic, so it would be a win for everyone (10 cards instead of 19).
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:08 pm

The 2 biggest things I'd like from Simon if ever possible:

1) Larger denomination Visa gift cards. $1,000 would be nice, $2,000 would be better.
2) The ability to get gift cards with my name printed on them instead of GIFTCARD or ESPECIALLY FOR YOU.
MaxVO and hi55us like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by jtav559
Used Hi1ton Am3x at Simon to hit 40k spend for Diamond. Probably 1/5th of the 40k was through Simon, rest was at $afeway where there are 2x points for grocery purch. All of which counted towards cumulative spend requirement.

My Simon purchases are not been counted towards the $15k free night spend requirement, even though they are included in the yearly $40k spend. Did you have the same issue?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by tsmith12
My Simon purchases are not been counted towards the $15k free night spend requirement, even though they are included in the yearly $40k spend. Did you have the same issue?

Last edited by XtraPerks; Jun 13, 2018 at 7:26 pm Reason: delete
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest
Yep. In my experience Simon trips for the annual free nights spend are a no go now. I think this changed May or June of 2017 before that Simon purchases counted for new card bonuses but now don't.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by XtraPerks
Yep. In my experience Simon trips for the annual free nights spend are a no go now. I think this changed May or June of 2017 before that Simon purchases counted for new card bonuses but now don't.
Thanks. I knew I should have finished the 15K in January but I was too busy with SPG. lol Oh well, as long as they are counted towards 40k..tho I feel that might be next to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.