Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:09 am

Here's an idea: how about posting stuff related to buying MOs in the "Buying MOs at _____" threads?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:12 pm

Anyone had luck recently using Amex GC to bis Visa GC here? For some reason, not able to buy gc at Wally and Hyvee with these.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
Anyone had luck recently using Amex GC to bis Visa GC here? For some reason, not able to buy gc at Wally and Hyvee with these.
Seems like you are mixing two questions into one.
1) Amex GC to Simon biz
2) Buy GC at Walmart or Hyvee

Clarify please.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Seems like you are mixing two questions into one.
1) Amex GC to Simon biz
2) Buy GC at Walmart or Hyvee

Clarify please.
Amex GC is not working, due to Amex blocks, to buy VGC at Wally or Hyv$e. Can you still buy Simon gc with amex gc. Just trying to unload.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
Amex GC is not working, due to Amex blocks, to buy VGC at Wally or Hyv$e. Can you still buy Simon gc with amex gc. Just trying to unload.
most likely not, but YMMV

MY Simon checks for ID and makes sure it matches the credit card used.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy
most likely not, but YMMV

MY Simon checks for ID and makes sure it matches the credit card used.
Okay, not going to bother; I'd forgotten I used to use Amex gc in the $2k $3k days and that got shut down years ago.

I used Plastiq to prepay some utilities; even at 2.5%, I'm doing fine.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA, CO, Delta, AA, BA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
I bought vgc to meet my spending requirement for my business platinum card, now statement came out, no bonus points and no purchase points either. Does anyone know whether amex enforces the gift cards purchases in all of their cards?Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by karenfly
I bought vgc to meet my spending requirement for my business platinum card, now statement came out, no bonus points and no purchase points either. Does anyone know whether amex enforces the gift cards purchases in all of their cards?Thanks!
It has been my experience with Amex MR earning cards that the bonus points post 30-60 days after the statement date in which you met the bonus. I wouldn't call and bring attention to your account just yet. Amex Hilton, SPG, and Delta bonuses always seem post within a couple days for me, but MRs usually don't. My most recent Amex MR card opened was the BBP and I met the minimum spend six days after opening it, but neither the bonus MRs or the MRs earned on my purchases posted until 52 days later.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:12 pm

Wondering same thing when I open my Amex platinum card next month.

Where did you buy and would that make a difference?

Thanks.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
It has been my experience with Amex MR earning cards that the bonus points post 30-60 days after the statement date in which you met the bonus. I wouldn't call and bring attention to your account just yet. Amex Hilton, SPG, and Delta bonuses always seem post within a couple days for me, but MRs usually don't. My most recent Amex MR card opened was the BBP and I met the minimum spend six days after opening it, but neither the bonus MRs or the MRs earned on my purchases posted until 52 days later.
Not my experience. They post as soon as spend hits. The base spend takes a while after statement posts and it's paid but not bonus.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by bar19900
Not my experience. They post as soon as spend hits. The base spend takes a while after statement posts and it's paid but not bonus.
I didn't say it was your experience, I said it has was MY experience. Obviously it's another YMMV situation. A lot of people over on r/churning are reporting delays with their MR bonus points posting lately, and just like your own claims others report getting them much faster.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Wondering same thing when I open my Amex platinum card next month.

Where did you buy and would that make a difference?

Thanks.
I bought in simon mall.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
The bonus always posted for me before within a week after I hit spending requirement. But this time, the statement came out,in the point summary page, it says 0 points earned. That makes me wonder the gcs doesn't count any more.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The bonus always posted for me before within a week after I hit spending requirement. But this time, the statement came out,in the point summary page, it says 0 points earned. That makes me wonder the gcs doesn't count any more.
it appears to be true - spend tracker towards MR promo a CSR quoted seems to exclude a few GC i had in the mix (it was smth like 4k regular spend and a couple k in gc... only 4k are showing up on tracker even though my regular pending points statement shows the full amount...)
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:09 pm

Looks like Simon mall GC no longer work for minimum spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.