Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott LT Titanium
Yesterday the blackhawk network was having "updates" today I got 9K from my friendly
simon in the midwest, drove to a couple of walmarts and got the MO without any issues.

Good Luck
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rrayon
Yup. I think that's the problem. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Fingers crossed for what? Obviously they can't decide overnight to shutdown/close all loaded debit cards... Will be back shorty, this happens.
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
A few of the cards worked fine. The fact that they don't even show up as valid on their website (even ones that worked at WM) indicates a big IT fail on their end.

usually surprises show up this way... that's what I mean.

I'd worry if that is the case. $$$$ thousands of dollars missing on a blink of an eye. Wow! It's like a Sci-Fi movie.
Originally Posted by hiima
I don't think it's a matter of losing money, more of losing an avenue of ms
Apparently he is worrying about $$$$ thousands of dollars missing on a blink of an eye.... That has nothing to do with losing an ms avenue - because even wmt dies, the $ is still on the card, not going anywhere ! He was worried that Blackhawk was going out of business.

Exactly! --- Thank god someone understands what I was trying to say... Geee Whiz!!

I'll check on GCM.com to see if it's up an running again.
Really? You did not sound like that at all. You were worried about where your $$$$ has gone.... Without wmt you still have the $$$$, so what it means $$$$ has gone on a blink of an eye? The $$$$ is always there - but you obviously were worried Blackhawk would go down and then your $$$$ go poof... even after Amex For Children Of Africa and littlewinglet said that is clearly an IT issue.

Just own it up to admit you are worried about losing money. Geee Whiz!

Last edited by Happy; Jul 23, 2017 at 9:15 pm
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: Citi AAdvantage
lol -- sure. Whatever. : )
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I wasn't worried about losing money, just ave of ms. rrayon on the other hand could've thought differently. Kinda sounded like it too.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: Citi AAdvantage
I'll check if there is anything at stake Ms. Hiima. I'll keep you posted on any funds missing from BlackHawk Network (CC) or GCM.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:39 am

HI everyone,

I am new to Simon Gift cards....and have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could answer. I have been reading through the forums but couldn't find this info so far....

So do the $500 Simon gift cards have the option of getting your name on it? If so, is this available both online and in-store?

Also, I bought a couple of $200 gift cards from a recent deal from Staples. Can I pay for these $500 Simon gift cards with multiple $200 gift cards?

Thanks,

Mango
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by 621mango
HI everyone,

I am new to Simon Gift cards....and have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could answer. I have been reading through the forums but couldn't find this info so far....

So do the $500 Simon gift cards have the option of getting your name on it?
nope

Also, I bought a couple of $200 gift cards from a recent deal from Staples. Can I pay for these $500 Simon gift cards with multiple $200 gift cards?
nope. I'm not sure why you'd want to do that anyway.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:52 am

I thought getting a gift card with your name printed on it can help with getting MO from Walmart. It's getting more and more difficult to find people at Walmart who can give a $800 MO with multiple $200 GC. They either don't know or say they do not accept GCs.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:00 pm

It's getting more and more difficult to find people at Walmart who can give a $800 MO with multiple $200 GC. They either don't know or say they do not accept GCs.
Please don't do that. It's the best way to kill someone's spot. 1x$500 or 2x$500 will draw less attention than 4x$200. Once you've done that a couple times and built a 'relationship' with the CSRs, you could try again. Until then, best way to liquidate those low denominations would be with prepaid.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by randomdude
Please don't do that. It's the best way to kill someone's spot. 1x$500 or 2x$500 will draw less attention than 4x$200. Once you've done that a couple times and built a 'relationship' with the CSRs, you could try again. Until then, best way to liquidate those low denominations would be with prepaid.

Or 2 $200s x 2, except I have 1 location where I can do 3 x $200 or even 4, but I still wont push 4 and would rather spend the extra $.70
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by randomdude
"with prepaid" ..... what do you mean by that?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:15 am

"with prepaid" ..... what do you mean by that?
he wants you to pay off things in advance such as insurance, rent, bills......if you found a place that tolerates you, just slowly keep chugging along.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
I thought getting a gift card with your name printed on it can help with getting MO from Walmart.
Oh ok. I doesn't matter at my Walmart, but maybe it does at yours.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
They say they do not accept GCs.
There should never be a reason for them to think you're using anything but a debit card. I hold mine so only the back side is visible if they're looking.

If they say they need to see your card and ID, reach for your wallet but say you don't have it with you and will be back.

Same for the PO.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: NWA, AC., SWA, AA.,UA, HH
Convert GCs to MOs in Las Vegas

Originally Posted by hiima
I wasn't worried about losing money, just ave of ms. rrayon on the other hand could've thought differently. Kinda sounded like it too.
Walmarts were difficult to deal with. Any suggestions on where to do this in Vegas?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.