Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 21, 18, 6:59 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Travelz
Wiki Link
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.


10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 15, 17, 8:12 pm
  #166  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,568
My Simon stopped filling the form out for me

They used to write the reason for me..
Chelski is offline  
Old Feb 16, 17, 5:16 am
  #167  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 123
Originally Posted by Chelski View Post
My Simon stopped filling the form out for me

They used to write the reason for me..
They had me fill out the form the first few times and then the supervisor made 50 copies and now they just pull one from the stack and I sign it.
SoloExperiment is offline  
Old Feb 16, 17, 8:38 am
  #168  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 677
Originally Posted by SoloExperiment View Post
They had me fill out the form the first few times and then the supervisor made 50 copies and now they just pull one from the stack and I sign it.
Same here at one of my SM.
gw14 is offline  
Old Feb 20, 17, 10:34 am
  #169  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 722
was upset & disturbed at the fact that a local SM this past Sat. decided to cancel the entire trans after 1 of the CC failed for a about $1,100; the staff & manager asked that i come back another time; despite my request for 1-2 minutes to check with the bank to see why or use another CC, they still went ahead to cancel; felt that this SM may break the laws with bias by saying that they're not comfortable with the failed trans and refusing to provide service while I was not a disruption or harm to their business; also, the fact is that my time & effort were wasted
danhouston is online now  
Old Feb 20, 17, 11:03 am
  #170  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Programs: Northwest, United
Posts: 2,950
Originally Posted by danhouston View Post
was upset & disturbed at the fact that a local SM this past Sat. decided to cancel the entire trans after 1 of the CC failed for a about $1,100; the staff & manager asked that i come back another time; despite my request for 1-2 minutes to check with the bank to see why or use another CC, they still went ahead to cancel; felt that this SM may break the laws with bias by saying that they're not comfortable with the failed trans and refusing to provide service while I was not a disruption or harm to their business; also, the fact is that my time & effort were wasted
You can be upset and disturbed if you want. Won't change a thing (well, not in a positive way - for anyone). Nothing new.

What you describe is standard procedure. It's well known that if a CC is declined at Simon, you are generally done for the day.

As for "break the laws with bias" that's laughable. No store has any requirement to sell you anything if they don't feel like it. You have no constitutional right to buy anything (or MS) on terms that you dictate. If a store just decides they they don't want to sell you something, for whatever reason, they are perfectly within their rights to tell you to go pound sand. (The only exception is if you are turned away because you are a member of a protected class, and that's not the reason here - having a credit card declined does not make you a member of a protected class).

Suck it up, get over it, don't make a stink, and stop waving your pocket constitution. You screwed up, not them, so just be polite and move on.

Ah, the sense of entitlement...
nwflyboy is offline  
Old Feb 20, 17, 11:47 am
  #171  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 722
Originally Posted by nwflyboy View Post
You can be upset and disturbed if you want. Won't change a thing (well, not in a positive way - for anyone). Nothing new.

What you describe is standard procedure. It's well known that if a CC is declined at Simon, you are generally done for the day.

As for "break the laws with bias" that's laughable. No store has any requirement to sell you anything if they don't feel like it. You have no constitutional right to buy anything (or MS) on terms that you dictate. If a store just decides they they don't want to sell you something, for whatever reason, they are perfectly within their rights to tell you to go pound sand. (The only exception is if you are turned away because you are a member of a protected class, and that's not the reason here - having a credit card declined does not make you a member of a protected class).

Suck it up, get over it, don't make a stink, and stop waving your pocket constitution. You screwed up, not them, so just be polite and move on.

Ah, the sense of entitlement...
so you felt that a business refused to provide you a service at public places like restaurants, hotels, etc. while u don't cause a problem or disruption, u don't feel anything wrong with that? Like to get some feedback from any folks on here that are familiar with the laws
danhouston is online now  
Old Feb 20, 17, 12:16 pm
  #172  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Programs: Northwest, United
Posts: 2,950
Originally Posted by danhouston View Post
so you felt that a business refused to provide you a service at public places like restaurants, hotels, etc. while u don't cause a problem or disruption, u don't feel anything wrong with that? Like to get some feedback from any folks on here that are familiar with the laws
Anyone with any understanding of laws - or how the world works - knows the answer to your question. It's really, really simple.

You have no right to force a business to do business with you, on the terms you demand. Period. It's not complicated. It's reeeeeeeally simple. Yes, restaurants, hotels, stores, whatever.

Please go ahead and try to get a lawyer to take your case - you'll be laughed at.

This is reeeeeeealy basic, common sense stuff - yet so many people in this game seem to have trouble accepting that. Just a little sense of entitlement here...
nwflyboy is offline  
Old Feb 20, 17, 12:32 pm
  #173  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 722
Originally Posted by nwflyboy View Post
Anyone with any understanding of laws - or how the world works - knows the answer to your question. It's really, really simple.

You have no right to force a business to do business with you, on the terms you demand. Period. It's not complicated. It's reeeeeeeally simple. Yes, restaurants, hotels, stores, whatever.

Please go ahead and try to get a lawyer to take your case - you'll be laughed at.

This is reeeeeeealy basic, common sense stuff - yet so many people in this game seem to have trouble accepting that. Just a little sense of entitlement here...
believe u r wrong; that's why there r laws here like the civil rights act; of course, people or business can do whatever they want til the laws catch up to them with hefty fines & penalties
danhouston is online now  
Old Feb 20, 17, 12:33 pm
  #174  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,207
Originally Posted by danhouston View Post
so you felt that a business refused to provide you a service at public places like restaurants, hotels, etc. while u don't cause a problem or disruption, u don't feel anything wrong with that? Like to get some feedback from any folks on here that are familiar with the laws
But you DID cause a problem, your card was declined. It was at that point they decided not to do business with you today. If your card was declined for a high value transaction elsewhere they have every right not to continue doing business with you. Obviously restaurants are at a disadvantage since you've already eaten their food, but typically food bills don't reach the 1K range anyway
hamokmonky is offline  
Old Feb 20, 17, 12:51 pm
  #175  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: CA
Programs: BA, AA, United
Posts: 421
Originally Posted by danhouston View Post
was upset & disturbed at the fact that a local SM this past Sat. decided to cancel the entire trans after 1 of the CC failed for a about $1,100; the staff & manager asked that i come back another time; despite my request for 1-2 minutes to check with the bank to see why or use another CC, they still went ahead to cancel; felt that this SM may break the laws with bias by saying that they're not comfortable with the failed trans and refusing to provide service while I was not a disruption or harm to their business; also, the fact is that my time & effort were wasted
I say, let it go and go another day. Simon is one of the best places for MS and I would advice you not to screw it up for you.

BTW, in my SM, they let me use a different card if the first card gets declined for any reason.
rambo is offline  
Old Feb 20, 17, 1:03 pm
  #176  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Programs: Northwest, United
Posts: 2,950
Originally Posted by danhouston View Post
believe u r wrong; that's why there r laws here like the civil rights act; of course, people or business can do whatever they want til the laws catch up to them with hefty fines & penalties
Believe in the Easter Bunny if you like, believe whatever you want - people believe in all kinds of crazy nonsense, that doesn't mean they're not completely wrong.

You are 100%, completely, utterly and totally wrong. You simply do not understand civil rights or civil rights law. At all.

I'll keep it short and simple for you: it's true that no business can discriminate against someone on the basis of their ethnic background, religion, disability, etc. (these are known as a "protected classes" - that's not a complete list, and depending on where you live, there may be other protected classes).

That has absolutely nothing to do with your experience at Simon.

You were not denied service because you were a member of a protected class.

You were denied service for another reason. That reason could be that they simply don't like you (yes, that's a legally valid reason). In your case the reason was that they had a reason to suspect your purchase might be fraudulent - and they have clear evidence of that.

That's it. End of story. There's nothing more to it.

(Unless you are prepared to take them to court and can clearly prove that you were discriminated against because you are a member of a protected class. Of course, you would be laughed out of the courtroom as they will be able to point to thousands of other members of any protected class who they are happy to sell to.)

Here's the gist of it: You do NOT have any legal right to force a business to do business with you, period. (Unless you can prove they are denying you specifically because you are a member of a protected class).

By the way, I'm sure if you had pulled out a stack of cash and offered that as a form of payment, they would have been more than happy to complete your transaction (and I'm sure they would point that out if challenged). What you were trying to do, and failed, was to force them to accept your preferred method of payment. Are you going to whip out your pocket Constitution and show them the part where it says they must accept your (declined) credit card?

Good luck.
nwflyboy is offline  
Old Feb 20, 17, 1:03 pm
  #177  
Moderator, Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: TIJ/SAN
Programs: Delta Silver. Hilton Diamond.
Posts: 1,483
Originally Posted by rambo View Post

BTW, in my SM, they let me use a different card if the first card gets declined for any reason.
My SM does too.
ChrisFlyer66 is offline  
Old Feb 20, 17, 1:23 pm
  #178  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 722
Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66 View Post
My SM does too.
that's what it should be; have never seen or heard of any business refused to provide a sale or service after 1 CC trans failed; earlier stated my experience because of principles & laws; not like this local SM guest services is the only place i can do w/o

Last edited by danhouston; Feb 20, 17 at 1:31 pm
danhouston is online now  
Old Feb 20, 17, 1:26 pm
  #179  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 20
Just left sm office, they are always nice to me. Bottom line, no need upset, try another time.
Dealtimetn is offline  
Old Feb 20, 17, 1:53 pm
  #180  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 722
Originally Posted by nwflyboy View Post
Believe in the Easter Bunny if you like, believe whatever you want - people believe in all kinds of crazy nonsense, that doesn't mean they're not completely wrong.

You are 100%, completely, utterly and totally wrong. You simply do not understand civil rights or civil rights law. At all.

I'll keep it short and simple for you: it's true that no business can discriminate against someone on the basis of their ethnic background, religion, disability, etc. (these are known as a "protected classes" - that's not a complete list, and depending on where you live, there may be other protected classes).

That has absolutely nothing to do with your experience at Simon.

You were not denied service because you were a member of a protected class.

You were denied service for another reason. That reason could be that they simply don't like you (yes, that's a legally valid reason). In your case the reason was that they had a reason to suspect your purchase might be fraudulent - and they have clear evidence of that.

That's it. End of story. There's nothing more to it.

(Unless you are prepared to take them to court and can clearly prove that you were discriminated against because you are a member of a protected class. Of course, you would be laughed out of the courtroom as they will be able to point to thousands of other members of any protected class who they are happy to sell to.)

Here's the gist of it: You do NOT have any legal right to force a business to do business with you, period. (Unless you can prove they are denying you specifically because you are a member of a protected class).

By the way, I'm sure if you had pulled out a stack of cash and offered that as a form of payment, they would have been more than happy to complete your transaction (and I'm sure they would point that out if challenged). What you were trying to do, and failed, was to force them to accept your preferred method of payment. Are you going to whip out your pocket Constitution and show them the part where it says they must accept your (declined) credit card?

Good luck.
listen, unless u r a lawyer with a good track record, u could get urself in trouble with the laws running a business with this kind perception or practice

Last edited by danhouston; Feb 20, 17 at 1:59 pm
danhouston is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: