Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MO deposit limit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
I don't have an answer to your question, but I can say that you should just go open a garbage throwaway bank account.

If you're in the midwest the name "TCF Bank" comes to mind. I abuse the heck out of them. I walk in there with several MO's from many different instituions and write my name in the "to" and "from" lines and just hand them over. If they have a problem with it, so what? There are tons of banks that I would rather do business with.

I doubt you can get a negative mark on Chex for depositing large amounts of MO's.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by ezakipocky
I am concerning about some sort of speical report that the financial institution would report to the government if you go over certain amount within certain time period.
Why? Are u doing anything illegal? That's why I keep all my receipts. If u wanna cash in on ms don't be shady.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:10 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cashcyclone
Trump has won. You're going to see less of those BS regulation next year.
Enabling terrorists and criminals? Optics would be terrible. SAR is targetted at people who can't stand scrutiny and are engaged in awful things. It just so happens that this particular net for Tunafish, catches some dolphins too. Little fish never even notice the net.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA gold
Originally Posted by cashcyclone
Trump has won. You're going to see less of those BS regulation next year.
Really? I thought things would be worse after his administration. I heard rumor that he would do something to the CFPB. Anyway, the whole anti money laundering thing comes for a good and meaningful purpose.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
OP how much MS are you able to do in Japan?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA gold
Originally Posted by cruisr
OP how much MS are you able to do in Japan?
Can you actually MS in Japan? I don't really know.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Can you actually MS in Japan? I don't really know.
Since your location is NRT I just presumed you were in Japan.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: Several dozen
Meh - AML is having a bad effect on the Miami real estate market - cash only sales are way down since the agents had to report who the buyers are! Think we are also seeing a drug sales slowdown due to the legalization of drugs in the west. What are our fine citizens now going to do with those millions in cash stuffed in Homer buckets in their attics?

...Anyway, the whole anti money laundering thing comes for a good and meaningful purpose....
Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: SW,SPG,Hyatt
People always say if you deposit less than $3k MO per month, you would probably be fine. But my question is how you define "pet month"? Does it mean per statement period or something else?
I've been depositing over 100k per month for several months at my local credit union. I opened the account about 15 months ago and started out with about 50k per month. They know exactly what I'm doing. I explained it to the branch manager when I opened the account. She said it was my account and I could use it however I wanted to as long as the MO's weren't fake. I deposit 8k to 12k per day for many days in a row and the funds are immediately available.

Before I found my credit union I tried the same thing at a local community bank. When I explained to them how I intended to use the account they politely informed me that they didn't want my business. Its YMMV from bank to bank. I'm glad I chose the 'up front' approach and didn't waste my time opening an account that would've likely been shut down. A lot of people here would advise against that approach however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.