What To Do With Those Visa Gift Cards?

Old Oct 19, 16, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
What To Do With Those Visa Gift Cards?

I've read some of the postings here and I'm a rank amateur compared to you guys! Maybe you can help me with some advice? I have a Citi Dividend card which does 5% on drugs stores this Q. I read on another site that I can purchase $6000 in Visa gift cards and earn back $300 in rebates. That sounded great until I realised I would then have $6,000 in Visa Gift Cards on my hands.

So the question is how do people integrate those cards back into their cash flow? Can they be deposited in a bank account? Or cashed? (I read somewhere on here some types can be cashed and some cannot). Does anyone know of a concise write-up this exists on this?
Old Oct 19, 16, 12:22 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...re-2016-a.html
Old Oct 19, 16, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Helpful.
Old Oct 19, 16, 4:55 pm

Find 12 friends or family members. They should be someone you generally approve of.

Hand each friend/family member a $500 visa gift card.

Watch each friend/family member light with joy.

Go home knowing you made someone's live $500 dollars better.
Old Oct 19, 16, 6:10 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Pushback, thanks for your question. There are many ways of liquidating gift cards, which mostly involve prepaid card accounts or money orders. Each technique has its own thread on this forum. I suggest you look at the New to Manufactured Spending thread and then the threads for the various techniques for more details.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: