FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Anyone ever have a dream/nightmare about MS? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1793115-anyone-ever-have-dream-nightmare-about-ms.html)

toomanybooks Sep 26, 2016 11:15 am

Anyone ever have a dream/nightmare about MS?

A couple days ago I woke up from a dream about MS.

Details were/are hazy, but somehow there was an opportunity with K-Mart ShopYourWay points to return 100% of the value on the purchase of mirrors. A convoy of trucks showed up at my house to deliver 163,000 mirrors.

Where that number came from I do not know. It might be related to the fact that I have ~160 reams of paper in my basement "free/cheap after rebate" bought with Chase Ink from Officemax/Staples.

Anyone else ever dream of MS/points/miles/rebates/deals?

littlewinglet Sep 26, 2016 11:40 am

Yes, I dreamed I showed up in Walmart to buy money orders and wasn't wearing any pants or underwear. Same as my other dreams but MS is involved.

Critterlynn Sep 26, 2016 11:49 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet (Post 27265799)
Yes, I dreamed I showed up in Walmart to buy money orders and wasn't wearing any pants or underwear. Same as my other dreams but MS is involved.

This just means your subconscious mind is afraid of being exposed of as the fraudster you are. LOL

noturbizniss Sep 26, 2016 10:27 pm

The pomo thread is giving me nightmares

MiaSkye89 Sep 26, 2016 11:44 pm

I keep having the one where I haven't paid everything off in time, and odd looking characters show up at my house.

Seems to go hand in hand with the college "you didn't pass this one class and you haven't been going all semester, and you cant graduate" dream.

That and I drop the stack of gift cards and have to call every one to get balances. (not sure why I had them in a stack, but still) :)

pharmawalk Sep 27, 2016 4:50 am

LOL - you're F'ed.

cheaptimesharetraveler Oct 5, 2016 12:16 pm

I keep having dreams that I can use my Bluebird again. I loved Bluebird and the KATE near us. It was an awesome ride. I keep getting reminders about my car payment from Bluebird, and I am sure that is why I have that dream.

If Bluebird really doesn't like me, why send these reminders on a closed account? Wishful thinking that I could start the game again. :cool:

AlohaDaveKennedy Oct 6, 2016 5:18 am

Have a nightmare right now involving MS. Our trolleys, buses and trains are now shut down now due to Hurricane Matthew heading toward south Florida. The next two days leave me stuck with no ability to MS at Simon and CVS. Our airports are being shut down so there is no way to MS out of town. When the power goes, the final remaining ability to MS over the internet will be lost. Making the nightmare complete is the fact that we just got our Sapphire Reserve cards yesterday. :eek:

kingrat Oct 6, 2016 6:03 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 27310099)
Have a nightmare right now involving MS. Our trolleys, buses and trains are now shut down now due to Hurricane Matthew heading toward south Florida. The next two days leave me stuck with no ability to MS at Simon and CVS. Our airports are being shut down so there is no way to MS out of town. When the power goes, the final remaining ability to MS over the internet will be lost. Making the nightmare complete is the fact that we just got our Sapphire Reserve cards yesterday. :eek:

what cards do you recommend to buy at CVS?

AlohaDaveKennedy Oct 6, 2016 3:23 pm

Black or gold gift box $20-500 vanilla visa, else they have a few other types of vanilla cards that have a $4.95 fee. Be sure to look closely as some $20-500 gift cards have a higher fee. Just be sure to stay out of my territory as I hear Hurricane Matthew's rainfall has washed up scores of coral snakes and alligators. :p

Originally Posted by kingrat (Post 27310235)
what cards do you recommend to buy at CVS?

CWAL Oct 10, 2016 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 27312730)
Black or gold gift box $20-500 vanilla visa, else they have a few other types of vanilla cards that have a $4.95 fee.

It seems they may be phasing out the $4.95 fee vanillas. I certainly haven't seen any restock at my go-to CVS, which I put quite a decent amount of volume through...