Any other 5X MS opportunities

Old Sep 25, 16, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Any other 5X MS opportunities

Any other 5X MS opportunities out there besides WF? I believe Chase, Discover, Citi all have category bonuses for Gas, grocery and drugstore.
Old Sep 25, 16, 5:26 pm

Uncapped 5% is the path to hardcore MS

There are plenty of capped or otherwise limited 5% opportunities

Whether the office supply via Chase or Amex or the few rotating 1500-2500 5% quarterly cards
Old Sep 26, 16, 10:00 am

I've heard some smaller banks doing 3x and 4x. Even though there is no cap, you have to imagine anyone here might show up on their radar.
Old Oct 1, 16, 1:25 am

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
bank of china offers 5x
Old Oct 1, 16, 9:56 pm

I still have Amex blue cash
Old Oct 3, 16, 6:32 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by sedubby View Post
I still have Amex blue cash
That can be confusing, as they come in 3 flavors at least. I think you are talking about the OBC

That one is my Top of Wallet
Old Oct 3, 16, 6:42 am

Programs: Several dozen
Actually 4 flavors. The 4th being vinegar as there are reports of AMEX renewing some OBCs as lesser BCs.

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
That can be confusing, as they come in 3 flavors at least. I think you are talking about the OBC

That one is my Top of Wallet
Old Oct 10, 16, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy View Post
Actually 4 flavors. The 4th being vinegar as there are reports of AMEX renewing some OBCs as lesser BCs.
Weird. Is OBC still available for signup? I couldn't easily find it, but I know it was somewhat hidden at various points in time.
Old Nov 6, 17, 3:16 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
anyone found the answer to OP's question yet?
Old Nov 7, 17, 9:30 am

PenFed 5x/3x gas/groceries
Old Nov 7, 17, 10:03 am

Huntington Voice Credit Card® lets you earn 3X points for the ways you spend most. Pick one of 13 categories and change it every quarter to fit your needs.
Old Nov 9, 17, 6:14 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by MasterCharge View Post
anyone found the answer to OP's question yet?
Anyone who has is probably smart enough to post about it here...see the thread on MOs @ the Post Office.

The day your favorite MS opportunity gets its own thread here is the day that opportunity dies.
Diplomatico, mhdena and spamman808 like this.
Old Nov 11, 17, 12:07 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by nwflyboy View Post
Anyone who has is probably smart enough to post about it here...see the thread on MOs @ the Post Office.

The day your favorite MS opportunity gets its own thread here is the day that opportunity dies.
Amen. People who start threads like this are too lazy to do their own research and want to be spoon fed. Ugh.
mhdena likes this.
Old Nov 11, 17, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Diplomatico View Post
Amen. People who start threads like this are too lazy to do their own research and want to be spoon fed. Ugh.
Really? I bet you yourself don't know everything that's out there but arrogant enough to think otherwise. There is nothing wrong with people starting such a thread every now and then. After all we are here to take advantage of power of networking. Now, it is understandable that those who know, may not and will not post it here because somewhere they think the more people know, the sooner it will be killed.

The only time people will say something is, they themselves may want more info from others. It is all selfish game and it is okay, nothing wrong with any of this. As they say, it is nature of the beast we are dealing with. I get ticked of with spoon fed, spoon fed stereo type. If people know something, they are under no obligation to tell someone and that is perfectly fine.

This could be an useful discussion rather than a useless one.
Old Nov 11, 17, 5:33 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by Gitangali View Post
...Now, it is understandable that those who know, may not and will not post it here because somewhere they think the more people know, the sooner it will be killed...
Gosh, why would anyone ever think that?

Search this Thread