FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Any other 5X MS opportunities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1792966-any-other-5x-ms-opportunities.html)

Gitangali Sep 25, 2016 1:53 pm

Any other 5X MS opportunities

Any other 5X MS opportunities out there besides WF? I believe Chase, Discover, Citi all have category bonuses for Gas, grocery and drugstore.

Joshy119 Sep 25, 2016 4:26 pm

Uncapped 5% is the path to hardcore MS

There are plenty of capped or otherwise limited 5% opportunities

Whether the office supply via Chase or Amex or the few rotating 1500-2500 5% quarterly cards

cdog999 Sep 26, 2016 9:00 am

I've heard some smaller banks doing 3x and 4x. Even though there is no cap, you have to imagine anyone here might show up on their radar.

MasterCharge Oct 1, 2016 12:25 am

bank of china offers 5x

sedubby Oct 1, 2016 8:56 pm

I still have Amex blue cash

carlitos Oct 3, 2016 5:32 am

Originally Posted by sedubby (Post 27290606)
I still have Amex blue cash

That can be confusing, as they come in 3 flavors at least. I think you are talking about the OBC :D

That one is my Top of Wallet :cool:

AlohaDaveKennedy Oct 3, 2016 5:42 am

Actually 4 flavors. The 4th being vinegar as there are reports of AMEX renewing some OBCs as lesser BCs. :eek:

Originally Posted by carlitos (Post 27295564)
That can be confusing, as they come in 3 flavors at least. I think you are talking about the OBC :D

That one is my Top of Wallet :cool:

CWAL Oct 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 27295593)
Actually 4 flavors. The 4th being vinegar as there are reports of AMEX renewing some OBCs as lesser BCs. :eek:

Weird. Is OBC still available for signup? I couldn't easily find it, but I know it was somewhat hidden at various points in time.

MasterCharge Nov 6, 2017 2:16 pm

anyone found the answer to OP's question yet?

lancaster Nov 7, 2017 8:30 am

PenFed 5x/3x gas/groceries

cashcyclone Nov 7, 2017 9:03 am

Huntington Voice Credit CardŽ lets you earn 3X points for the ways you spend most. Pick one of 13 categories and change it every quarter to fit your needs.

nwflyboy Nov 9, 2017 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by MasterCharge (Post 29027301)
anyone found the answer to OP's question yet?

Anyone who has is probably smart enough to post about it here...see the thread on MOs @ the Post Office.

The day your favorite MS opportunity gets its own thread here is the day that opportunity dies.

Diplomatico Nov 11, 2017 11:07 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy (Post 29041933)
Anyone who has is probably smart enough to post about it here...see the thread on MOs @ the Post Office.

The day your favorite MS opportunity gets its own thread here is the day that opportunity dies.

Amen. People who start threads like this are too lazy to do their own research and want to be spoon fed. Ugh.

Gitangali Nov 11, 2017 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Diplomatico (Post 29048313)
Amen. People who start threads like this are too lazy to do their own research and want to be spoon fed. Ugh.

Really? I bet you yourself don't know everything that's out there but arrogant enough to think otherwise. There is nothing wrong with people starting such a thread every now and then. After all we are here to take advantage of power of networking. Now, it is understandable that those who know, may not and will not post it here because somewhere they think the more people know, the sooner it will be killed.

The only time people will say something is, they themselves may want more info from others. It is all selfish game and it is okay, nothing wrong with any of this. As they say, it is nature of the beast we are dealing with. I get ticked of with spoon fed, spoon fed stereo type. If people know something, they are under no obligation to tell someone and that is perfectly fine.

This could be an useful discussion rather than a useless one.

nwflyboy Nov 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Gitangali (Post 29048367)
...Now, it is understandable that those who know, may not and will not post it here because somewhere they think the more people know, the sooner it will be killed...

Gosh, why would anyone ever think that?